Full Auto Pistol

Corkie121

Does anyone know how to go about modifying a semi-auto pistol to fire fully auto?

I guess it would be to do with the sears but when I looked at my Hi-Capa it seems pretty randomly set up, any ideas would be good.

Cheers for any help,

Corkie

FYI that mod for the Hi-Capa demands the short stroke mod to function. Without it, the hammer will be jammed underneath the slide as it goes full cycle.

I've experienced this firsthand. In order to make a HiCapa full auto, all you'd have to do is cut the disconnector sear down a tad. Take off the slide and look at the silver metal tooth to the right of the hammer if the gun's pointing away from you. Chop that metal tooth down to enable full auto.

This is a bad way of causing a 1911 style gun to go fully automatic.

The true way is to make the trigger linkage bar* trip the sear when the slide closes. To do this you need to shorten the triggers overtravel, so the trigger leaf is in the right place when held down. You also need to reshape the sear so that it slopes where the trigger linkage bar touches it.

It helps to have a very light sear pull.

*I cant remember the proper name, it touches the trigger leaf and the sear.

I've experienced this firsthand. In order to make a HiCapa full auto, all you'd have to do is cut the disconnector sear down a tad. Take off the slide and look at the silver metal tooth to the right of the hammer if the gun's pointing away from you. Chop that metal tooth down to enable full auto.

I left out another tidbit. You'll also have to take the trigger group apart to get to the hammer and file off a peg on its left side. Essentially you're disabling the disconnector.

I left out another tidbit. You'll also have to take the trigger group apart to get to the hammer and file off a peg on its left side. Essentially you're disabling the disconnector.

Any chance of a photo walk through? Does this work with other styles of pistol such as the M9 etc?

Cheers so far

• 4 weeks later...

Disabling the disconnector is the easiest way, but this causes the hammer to follow the slide down as it closes. With most models this means the valve will be opened prematurely: the operation will be erratic compared to a dedicated select-fire model with a separate full-auto sear, which holds the hammer back until the slide goes all the way into battery.

In a TM Hi-Capa and 1911 the disconnector is actuated by two independent mechanisms: the cam pin on the right side of the hammer as well as the bottom of the blowback unit. When you file down (or in the case of upgrade hammers, pull out) the pin on the right side of the hammer, you can decock the hammer manually when the magazine is removed, but the disconnector will still work because it's actuated by the blowback unit as the slide moves. If you file down the top of the disconnector as well, then the hammer will follow the slide and you have to short-stroke the slide.

-Sale

Archived