Post your tried, and successful tactics!

bbondaloose

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think a sidearm is useful.

But not a GBB pistol. Those MAY work when you draw them. And they may just blow up in your face, even nice KSC/Marui ones. Low ammo capacity + heavy magazines complies to list of practical problems with pistols.

Bottom line, there are only 2 sidearms that are worth their real estate on a loadout: Glock 18C AEP, Skorpion. I prefer the Glock since it's about the same in terms of performance and fits better in holsters, also easier to use and aim.

Tactics/Advice:

1. If you're signaling to your team where you want them to go, get a green laser, one powerful enough to be seen even in bright daylight. Or if you don't have one, just shoot somewhere in semi-auto

2. Never use black BBs in AEGs. You don't know where they are going and that's a real problem.

3. Bring spare batteries! Not just for your AEG, but for lights, lasers, RDS, whatever

4. MAINTAIN your weapon. Strip it, clean it, love it. If you've dumped the money into a well used, trusted design (TM, G&G, G&P) then there should be no reason for you to get a failure in the field. Unless of course, you did something retarded like putting a M120 spring + 11.1V lipo in a stock TM.

5. If a dude is a zombie, full auto in the face works well, just like against an actual zombie. Rifle butting is not recommended. Most guns have folding stocks these days so it may damage your stock.

:D

6. If you are wearing good camo, don't move unless you gain something from it. I've shot tons of dudes who I would not have been able to see (multicam does wonders) had they not been randomly poking their heads around.

7. Use MIDCAPS. OMFG, your gun can change magazines, a good midcap holds about 1/2 or 1/3 of a high cap anyway. If you are burning through multiple Hi-caps in the same game, then you're probably shooting too much.

8. About shooting too much: there is such a thing as EFFECTIVE RANGE. 50 meters is NOT within range of a standard M4/G36C. :angry:

9. Please for the love of God and baby Jesus, do not take a "fun gun" into the field. God kills a baby lamb every time you bring a GBBR PoS or a not so great bolt action. He kills 2 if you bring a shotgun as your primary. AEGs dominate the field, VERY well tuned bolt actions come in at a distant 2nd, everything else is best left at home hanging on a wall. Most sites split teams buy numbers and not skill so if you've got a DE shotty as your primary, then you're just dead weight. :(

NOTE: in VERY tight corners CQB, a full auto gas machinepistol comes into its own. Not so much for the actual performance since you can get an AEP to perform better by modding a lipo in. The gas full auto has a very important intimidation factor, which is key in rooms where sound resonates.

Contrary to popular belief, shotguns are nowhere near ideal in CQB. It's simple: CQB favors small, one handed high volume of fire guns. Shotguns fail in all these aspects.

10. This one is mainly to the noobs out there: HOPUP!!! Use it, you will suck less! :)

Hmm, some of those may apply in woodland but... CQB is very different.

1. I dont like lasers at all and dont think they have any place in airsoft. They can be use for intimidation but after that their only use is to give the wielders position away.

2. So mix in one-in-three whites as tracers. Dont use ICS black, they affect your hop (or at least the first ones did).

3. I dont bring batteries at all :P AEGs suck in CQB :P

4. Agreed

5. I prefer not to overkill but to get a good description and report them to marshals. Its what theyre there for. If you dont trust them to do anything then yeah, zap em.

6. Agreed.

7. Agreed

8. Yep. I was guilty of this on Sunday, firing at some guys. I was SURE I was getting them, but a marshal by them told me they werent getting hit. Argument over, his judgement is law.

9. No no no no no! Ive shotgunned effectively in woodland. Ive taken 5 AEGers in a bunker with an M1911 and 3 1/2 mags. In Urban, an AEG has its uses between buildings. Anything indoors or building breaching, an AEG is a massive, massive disadvantage. Pistols are better, shotguns are King.

I have gone against multiple hostiles in CQB with my shotgun and pwnd them. Not just by surprise either. Like on Sunday, I have a guy in a doorway...I creep round, leaning forward. Only my head and my gun are viable targets. They simply cannot get off well-aimed shots by the time Ive fired, and my spread pattern has taken them like you'd take Ashley Olsen, naked, covered with honey on a bearskin rug. For snap shots, you simply CAN NOT beat a tri-shot.

Fun guns? Nope, in CQB they are very serious business. Ask anyone I have played against at SWAT or Brit-Tac when Ive used a shotgun...

10. Agreed.

Another thing I disagree with is AEPs. I feel they are barely if un- skirmishable. Too weak. In CQB, people dont feel them hitting unless you Nineball them, in which case...maybe.

AEPs have no real issues with being felt. Especially at close range. Try it yourself! Their FPS is hardly less than a GBB.

Their main issue is with RoF, particularly in semi. AEPs all have high speed motors which require time to get started. If they were using high torque, then they would be better in semi, but worse in full auto.

A lipo mod pretty much solves the issue. There are some videos on youtube of AEPs on lipo, not bad at all.

I'm sure that shotguns can be used against AEGs, in the same way a spring pistol from WalMart can.

But let's be honest here. Assuming equal levels of skill and position, can you really go against a guy with an AEG, even a crappy one? I mean, if you ran this scenario 100 times, I think it's fair to say the AEG will come out on top almost every time.

Shotguns, like anything else that can shoot BBs, is usable but that's it. They're far from ideal.

A lipo mod pretty much solves the issue. There are some videos on youtube of AEPs on lipo, not bad at all.

I'm sure that shotguns can be used against AEGs, in the same way a spring pistol from WalMart can.

But let's be honest here. Assuming equal levels of skill and position, can you really go against a guy with an AEG, even a crappy one? I mean, if you ran this scenario 100 times, I think it's fair to say the AEG will come out on top almost every time.

Shotguns, like anything else that can shoot BBs, is usable but that's it. They're far from ideal.

Snipped for convenience.

I wont touch lipo in their current form. And Im happy enough with my WE M1911s to not need to try AEP.

Shotguns can be used against AEGs. In pretty much ANY situation, too, it just takes a bit more skill. I can and do go against AEGs week in, week out. Over and over and over again. And I win on a very regular basis. Maybe not equal skill levels...not blowing my own trumpet here but I consider myself a very good shotgunner. Sorry but I have been against AEGers many, many times and I have rarely been disadvantaged as long as I'm within a reasonable distance. And in indoors games, I have destroyed AEGers constantly.

Regardless of what weapon you use - POINT IT WHERE YOU ARE LOOKING.

So many times I have tabbed people in situations where they SHOULD have had the upper hand, simply because my weapon is ALWAYS pointed in the direction I'm looking.

Also: Aggression. Even in woodland. If you're not shooting, you should be moving. If you're not moving, you should be shooting. Flank, run, shout. Pour fire on targets, tell your team where they are, suppress, outflank. I loathe watching new players cowering behind cover when they're being engaged by someone at the end of thier effective range. If you're honestly pinned, call for help. Tell your team where they are. Get them to supress, distract, then move.

I don't agree with the whole fire heavy tactics some people seem to be into.

I used to go through bags and bags a game, but now it takes me almost 3 days of gaming to go through a 3K bag.

Firing constantly has 3 major draw backs:

1. Wastes ammo

2. Draws unnecessary attention, sniper fire, all the bad stuff

3. Kills the surprise factor

Let me explain point 3 a little more:

I like to run amplifiers on my guns, and have have a high RoF. The point of this is to achieve maximum shock when I fire the burst. The first burst is always the most intimidating. If you fire only when the enemy is visible and in range, then people learn to associate the sound of your gun with BBs coming their way.

If you just keep shooting, then the enemy just relegates your gun sound to background noise and sort of tunes it out, minimizing the intimidation factor.

In other words, sound levels are relative. Something that is usually quiet suddenly blaring in your ears seems far more disturbing than something that is always loud.

I don't agree with the whole fire heavy tactics some people seem to be into.

I used to go through bags and bags a game, but now it takes me almost 3 days of gaming to go through a 3K bag.

Firing constantly has 3 major draw backs:

1. Wastes ammo

2. Draws unnecessary attention, sniper fire, all the bad stuff

3. Kills the surprise factor

Let me explain point 3 a little more:

I like to run amplifiers on my guns, and have have a high RoF. The point of this is to achieve maximum shock when I fire the burst. The first burst is always the most intimidating. If you fire only when the enemy is visible and in range, then people learn to associate the sound of your gun with BBs coming their way.

If you just keep shooting, then the enemy just relegates your gun sound to background noise and sort of tunes it out, minimizing the intimidation factor.

In other words, sound levels are relative. Something that is usually quiet suddenly blaring in your ears seems far more disturbing than something that is always loud.

Constant fire is intimidataing, as long as it's aimed. I don't advocate senselessly wasting ammo, but when a situation calls for supression and movement, a lot of players do niether.

I alternate between a Marui M3 shorty with G&P sliding stock and taclight (if I know itll be dark) and a SPAS-12. The DE M3s are OK, bear in mind that the longer outer barrel models have the same length inner barrels. They dont have such a tight grouping as the Marui though, so I'd recommend the Marui models.

For indoors, theyre perrrrrfect!

Archived