Russian mesh mask

THE PIE PENGUIN

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ycare I love that picture and I want to look like you now. I want a mask now lol.

I'd ordered a Stalker in OD and Black and was disappointed to discover they were now unavailable. I think I'll wait for the ACM versions now.

I stopped by the guy working with Gerard to distribute these masks in the European mainland yesterday... The Russian guy who originally made these things did make brilliant masks, but he sure does sound like a douche to do business with. :s

Luckily for me, I was able to get the last "bat" type mask he had lying around (which was previously used as a "showroom" model, but seeing how there won't be any fresh masks coming in the upcoming months, I couldn't care less!). Those bat things are brilliant, and the dual strap system on it means they won't budge and inch unless you want it too... I can still comfortably wear my bowman headset underneath the mask without a problem. I'm going to fieldtest it this upcoming weekend, which will be a 24 hour event, so that's a good test to see if it gets annoying on your ears.

Which means that I now have a praetorian mask and a bat mask. The praetorian is great, but the mesh does reflect a lot of light on sunny days, and that limits your vision. It's like having to peer through a "forcefield of light", so I'll only use it on dark, wet days. It's awesome for those kind of days however, as fogging is always a major issue for me. I don't know why, but water seems to evaporate faster on me... :-p

As for BB shrapnel coming through... The praetorian has taken quite a few hits by now, and I have never felt any shrapnel on me. And yes, I live in Belgium, bio-BBs are mandatory here, so I presume all those hits were from bio-BBs. I don't wear any goggles underneath the praetorian, as it defeats the whole purpose of wearing it over the bat mask with ESS ICE goggles (ie, potential fogging)

For sunny days, I'll use the bat/ESS ICE combo. With headgear on, it covers pretty much the entire face, except for a small band acros the forehead. Given how thick headed I am, I don't forsee any issues there... ;-p

• 1 month later...

Sorry for necro post but I guess this is an update

Plastic Soldier Airsoft in Canada had the Stalker in stock in both black and OD.

I just ordered one, paid via Paypal, cost me CAD100.52 including airmail. Payed via AMEX using Paypal.

http://www.plasticsoldierairsoft.ca/Brass-Guard-STALKER-Mask--Black_p_36.html

Hehe, funny you should bump this thread.

It seems ebairsoft is getting a chinese clone of these russian masks in soon (made by TMC, called the "strike half face mask".

17 USD with free shipping... The picture however isn't too clear, so I cannot tell if it's a stalker or bat version clone.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/ it's not showing up in the "coming soon" section though

From the pic it looks the same, but until someone gets one we won't know for sure. I'll definitely be buying one so I'll post up pics and a little review if no one else beats me to it. If anyone notices it come on sale there and fancies dropping me a PM to remind me about it, go nuts.

EDIT: Anyone else notice it only mentions sand and black as colours but the mask pictured seems to be in OD/grey?

I forgot to ask, has anyone had experience dealing with Plastic Soldier Airsoft before?

Are they reliable?

Thanks.

bit late now mate seeing as you"ve all ready ordered ! but hopefully you should get the mask (if you can"t trust a canadian who can you trust !!) :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Received my Stalker style mask from ebaybanned today. The quality is pretty good, very sturdy.

Problem is, it's not as comfortable as I was expecting. Also it completely crushes my nose. I've bent it about a bit, but I just can't seem to get it to not have contact with my nose. With shooting glasses is presses them against my eyes and with goggles it either pushes them to far up my face or gets pushed into my face by the goggles themselves.

I don't know if this is just because they're probably designed for a Chinese persons face or if this is what the Russian one is like too. Any thoughts on how I could solve this?

I'd rather buy the real thing than a Chinese copy when it comes to goggles and face protection.

I currently use lower half of a Sansei but what I'd really like is the 'Assassin' type mask but with the mesh earguards from the 'Bat' and 'Stalker' models.

Archived