VFC SR-15

alston251

uscmCorps use 11.1v with a G&P buffer tube. About li-po's in SR's, read first 2pg of this topic. ;)

Hammerfall emailed me 3 weeks ago asking me about this and I gave him all the info then. I'm guessing he's wondering who else is using Lipos and how they find them. ;)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just ordered my lipo (intellect, none of that firefox ######, I already had one light off on me) last night (trinity airsoft rocks, it'll be here tomorrow :) ). Previously I used a big 'ol Elite 30C 11.1v 3300mah lipo in a cut up hicap shell (because Hicaps sucks, especially AE ones, and I wanted it to not look like a battery) and put it in a BHI stock mag pouch that I had cut slit in. Didn't look all that great, but the gun was a juice hog and the battery would last forever and still didn't ruin the look (had it on my old EMOD stock), but I've decided its time to switch.

Hammerfall emailed me 3 weeks ago asking me about this and I gave him all the info then. I'm guessing he's wondering who else is using Lipos and how they find them. ;)

Indeed, clever man he is :) The info you gave me has been looked over many times, but i just thought i should see what the general consensus is.

I just ordered my lipo (intellect, none of that firefox ######, I already had one light off on me)

I've got 4 of the Intellect ones. They are 'better' than firefox, but one must remember that most Li-Po's are all coming out the same few factories in the far east. I've never had a firefox fail me yet, and i used to use 4 of their 11.1v 1200mAh in my PTW. Still, if you've had them explode on you... i'd be reluctant to use them again :P

I'm personally using Intellect 1200 mAh 7.4v. High RoF takes a lot out of the game for me, and its quite frowned upon in circles over here. I do have one 11.1v though, for those times when it doesn't matter.

Yeah, I had a firefox blow up on my first try, it was already leaking apparently, and combined with the fact that the gun had a short (would blow any lipo, my stupidness/tiredness to try a gun after a rebuild with a lipo :( )= VERY unhealthy noxious gas in a confined area. So no more firefox. I realize the intellect is probably fromt eh same place, but I hope they employ a little better QC.

Got the intellect, looks alright, but then it is just a battery. Apparently its rebranded TSD here in the USA, but says "OEM by Intellect," so whatever. Says 20+ C continuous 1200mah 11.1v lipoly, We'll see how it works once I figure out a way to transplant a haynes box into the VFC.

Got the intellect, looks alright, but then it is just a battery. Apparently its rebranded TSD here in the USA, but says "OEM by Intellect," so whatever. Says 20+ C continuous 1200mah 11.1v lipoly, We'll see how it works once I figure out a way to transplant a haynes box into the VFC.

I think they're 24C continuous and 36 Burst?

If that is indeed the case, and not china-faked specs, that is more than good enough for just about any airsoft gun (this coming form someone who uses a Systema magnum, those power draining hogs of a motor),. I plugged it into my currently stock VFC and the ROF is quite awesome, probably like 25-30ish RPS.

• 3 weeks later...

I skirmished with my VFC SR15 2 days ago.

I LOVE THIS GUN!!!

I was running it in stock form with a Prom TBB and purple bucking using a KA 11.1v lipo battery running on deans.

The groupings were extremely tight and I was easily hitting people at over 150 feet.

Bottom line: my brother is already looking into purchasing the SR16 from VFC.

-Shin

ps: I'll get some pictures up soon - running the usual FDE magpul goodies with an AFG and TR21 Accupoint

I'm torn. VFC or KA.

I save a lot with one. I also get awesome trades and a craptastic hard case with the others.

Anyone here got both?

They're both good guns, and both have their pluses and minuses which you're gonna have to weigh yourself depending on where you place importance in what aspects.

The KA has awesome trades too, more realistic than the VFC IMO from based on what I've seen.

The finish and the name is the main difference between the two.

I don't know. I've compared my VFC to a real one and I personally think the VFC is more accurate from first hand experience.

The G&P URX II doesn't have a locking sight... :(

But ... do you use the front sight and a red dot. I'm just saying, if you're never ever going to use the BUIS ... does it really matter that much? I'm thinking of modifying my SR16 GBB to be more like my SR15 ... and the G&P is something that I'm considering.

I heard the finishing comes off very easily. Don't know if it's true. I guess you're right, just hope it doesn't flop up and down with the blow back action.

BTW, any ideas where i can get a G&P GBB SR-15 body? They have them on the G&P website but i doubt they'd sell them directly.

I don't know. I've compared my VFC to a real one and I personally think the VFC is more accurate from first hand experience.

I'll take your word on that USCM, you would have more firsthand experience with the RS than I would.

@Alston:The G&P finish can scratch quite easily but it depends on what you're scratching it with. Normal attaching accessories on and off will wear it a bit after a while but not quite scratch it. However, using QD mounts, over tightening things, and accidentally hitting it against hard objects will most likely scratch it.

The front flip up sight will NOT flop around while firing using a GBBR. There is a screw where the locking mech should be that allows you to adjust the tightness of the hinge. Tightening it down by hand provides the most optimum balance between being able to flip it up with ease but also having sufficient friction to hold the sight down with ease. The sight will NOT flop around even when shaken extremely hard, trust me, I've tried (I used to have one remember? :P )

The KA/VFC sights are cooler and all, but the G&P works just as good. The main difference is the lack of the cool guy locking feature. I prefer either.

They're both good guns, and both have their pluses and minuses which you're gonna have to weigh yourself depending on where you place importance in what aspects.

Thanks. I think I'm going to go King Arms. Cheaper, extremely similar, and one of my friends who runs a lipo on his King Arms has had no problems, where my friends running a VFC SR16 used the same model lipo, and his gearbox asploded. Or the gears stripped. Something along those lines. :P

^^ Same for me, which is the only reason why I run an 11.1. Just got an order of PTS PMAGs in today!!! Got here (Hawai'i) in TWO DAYS from Ehobby... damn thats fast :P

Anyway, they don't fit quite right in my magwell, as in they're a tad bit too tight so I'll be filing down the magwell ridges and that should do the trick.

^instead of doing that I had a problem with my pmags in my G&P M4 I took the mag in and out to see where it would catch and then file down the mag itself. Only select spots had to be filed down.

Which sounds more fun: modifying 10+/- PMAGs, or one magwell? I'm just saying.

Archived