VFC SR-15

alston251

Vercingetorix, the KA bodies have the bolt catch mech in the lower receiver, not the upper. There's a lever thats part of the ping pong paddle that goes under the GB to the right side which connects to the right side bolt release. Its a very simple and effective system that contains minimal parts and IIRC only one spring.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VFC was the originator of the design when they employed it in their VFC HK416's. Vercingetorix is wondering if KA copied and used it in their metal bodies or if they modified the design ... and if that modification made it into the KA SR15.

I thought I saw some pics of the King arms upper in your review thread and if memory serves, the upper looks extremely similar to a VFC one. Its just a normal fake bolt plate with the normal charging handle spring and a smaller spring putting tension on the plate in the other direction, right? If so, its pretty much the same as the VFC.

Edit: found the pics: 002-16-1.jpg

The VFC looks exactly like that is memory serves.

From looking at the two systems (VFC, KA) I do seem to like the idea that KA had for the selector better than VFC. But is it smoother and does it wobble less?

Right now I am looking at getting the VFC pieces for another gun and making it ambi, since it does nicely on my VFC.

From looking at the two systems (VFC, KA) I do seem to like the idea that KA had for the selector better than VFC. But is it smoother and does it wobble less?

As far as smoothness in operation, the KA switch is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper smooth. I don't know if it wobbles less but as far as I can tell, mine doesn't wobble at all, it just goes a little past the safe/auto marking.

I just want to chime in here since i've FINALLY become a proud owner of the VFC SR15 club.

My VFC SR15 came in last week, sadly I am currently still at college and won't be back home until next weekend.

My little brother however has been fondling my latest toy none stop...every day. Between me and him, we've easily owned over 40 very high end/ custom airsoft weapons over the last 5 years.

He states: "this is my favorite airsoft gun...ever. I want one" That's a pretty dramatic statement. :P

-Shin

Point of post: i'll be able to offer first hand input after next weekend

I just want to chime in here since i've FINALLY become a proud owner of the VFC SR15 club.

My VFC SR15 came in last week, sadly I am currently still at college and won't be back home until next weekend.

My little brother however has been fondling my latest toy none stop...every day. Between me and him, we've easily owned over 40 very high end/ custom airsoft weapons over the last 5 years.

He states: "this is my favorite airsoft gun...ever. I want one" That's a pretty dramatic statement. :P

-Shin

Point of post: TO SHOW OFF!

;)

Got my SR-16E3 10.5" today. It's nice, not as nice as my old PTW, but bar that the nicest I have used. At least this will actually work though!

First problem, my PTS mag doesn't fit without A LOT of persuasion... not happy, because they are pricey :(

Right, I have looked and its the gun at fault. One of the ridges in the magwell is more pronounced than it should be, its sharp too, nice testament to quality control haha

Its fine, as i edited, there is a ridge that is more pronounced on one side in the magwell, which is scratching the mags and causing them to be stiff going in. I expected better from VFC!

The Waterloo (A&K) mags feed and fit every bit as nicely as the PTS mags. I'm now just badly needing a T-1 Micro with riser! Argh.

So yeah, I ordered one.... I hope the selector doesn't have tooooo much play, anyone have parts on there break>???

Where did u order yours? What kind of instruction did you provide your retailer re: trades?

I badly want to order overseas but a bit worried about trade removal and/or US customs issues should I decide not to touch the trades. I have only used Ehobby in the past but unfortunately, they dont carry the VFC SR15.

Archived