Airsoft guns: bargains and unpolished diamonds

Phuncz

You should check out the Bell clones then, the MEU I bought is also full metal and TM cloned/compatible. I bought a TM mag as a spare and it is much better than the Bell mag, also the fill valve leaking here. I had to open it about 7 times, trying to get it not to leak. I've tried about everything and now it almost doesn't leak. You can't ignore the quality difference.

But I can't just put myself to dish out 150-200$ for an ABS pistol. Otherwise I would have bought the AMT Hardballer a long time ago...

Bell was definately on my radar when I was browsing 1911 MEUs. After getting a TM 5-7, I see how nice Marui guns really are. I for one use GBBs exclusively so I suppose its not uncommon for me to spend $150+ on a pistol!!!ohmy.gifsmile.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bell's 1911 are pretty good, although my rear ironsight wobbled like mad, pretty good gun for the price and including a hard case. Had to sell it because i couldnt use it in the cold days of spanish winter, now waiting for a KJW CO2 1911, for the price and performance i think it can be placed in this thread ;)

I have a bell 1911, the quality of the metal is shockingly bad. The slide rattles on the frame rails because its built to terrible tolerances. However, that said, it always shoots. The only problem i had was borking the piston head, but the cup style piston heads are a bad design anyway, i change all my TM pistols to have o-ring piston heads, so this one is no different.

Even with the borked piston head, i took it to a game to fire it "in anger" as it were. It jammed once and put allmost 300 rounds out. of corse It did show with the gas efficiency, the piston head made it shoot about 10 rounds per mag :s!

Bell 1911: cheap, nasty but just wont give up :D.

Archived