Airsoft guns: bargains and unpolished diamonds

Phuncz

After I bought an SY Remington CA870 Sawn Off replica clone, I was amazed how much value for money it was. It has an entire metal assembly and the plastic grips look and feel so real like wood, it's amazing for the $ 60 I spent. Not only that but after a few hours of tinkering with it (fixing hopup, propper lube job), it works so well and actually shoots incredibly good for a gun this cheap.

3_529b41305b167440f0fd904526ef7971.jpg

Another one of those gems is the AGM M4 GBBR, which costs not much more than $ 110. It still works after about 500-600 rounds, the look and feel is so good for that price. It may not be quality but it certainly has it's "qualities".

agm_m4a1_gbb.gif

So all these cheapsofts need repair, maintenance and upgrades, I actually like tinkering with them. Except with my TM Steyr AUG which shoots ###### after $ 200 worth of upgrades put into it...

So which guns did you buy (NEW) that are/where insane value for money ?

PLEASE ONLY POST NEW AND MORE RECENT PURCHASES !

I didn't find any related topics on this subject, I searched before posting.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a CYMA CM031D (AKS-105) for about $115; in terms of power and accuracy I was astonished at how well it performed. Unlike a lot of china clones these days, it wasn't shoot crazy hot over 400fps, but instead fast and accurate at a just-right 370-380. Aside from sounding like my dying grandmother when it shoots, I've had no real complaints about this gun – wonderful for the price.

Kalash AKS74UN, its pot metal body, real wood grips, the sight has been glued on, the top cover is a bit wobbly and I got it with 2 mags for £40!

Its been the most reliable gun I have ever used. It works perfectly, great range and its 330 fps.

I really cant fault it and yes, its the cheapest gun I own and one of my most liked.

G&P WOC M4A1 GBB-R for 200$, it had less than 300 rounds through it. It retails at 490$. Also, not exactly a gun, but hey, what the hell: Used Surefire M951 for 66$ S&H included. It retails at something like 390$. Works perfectly and it has been "pre-weathered" for me :)

Two 'rough' guns I got in trades/swaps, a 'bitsa' AK Beta and a KART M14 SOCOM are my two favourites.

Both reliable, and nicely accurate, the AK particularly has surprised a few players who assumed they were out of range of such a short and scruffy AEG :P

It's so satisfying getting good clean long range hits with a gun that looks like it might have just been pulled out of a skip. :D

A king Arms/ATOZ Dragunov SVD with real steel scope, practically brand new for £150 3 years ago... nuff said.

My other proud bargain was newish TM mc51 for £80. Guy tried to scam me by sending it non working when telling me it was fine.

Turns out he had just put on a large connecter in the front and GLUED it in, turns out the glue had melted over the connectors. A 2 minute job later and I had a practically brand new mc51 which has lasted me around 6-7 years now and is my favourite gun ^_^

HFC Ingram I got for Ł10 - granted, the previous owner claimed it was broken, but after fixing the cylinder front with some crazy glue I managed to make it shoot, long bursts even.

As for cheap factory guns, Bell 1911s. They quickly became my favorites.

I picked up a set of Motorola t7200 radios, a TCI TABC 1, a playstation 2, a Tanaka M700 pre-ban with a bull barrel and bestgun hop-up, two magazines for it, and a green gas canister that looked like a flashbang. All for $50 at a garage sale. The tanaka was a blast to play around with, and for that deal I couldn't complain.

I know the guy who was selling it pretty well, an he was moving to hawaii so he was trying to get rid of stuff ASAP. He even tried to sell me his 50 something inch TV for $300 to bad I didn't have the money....

KSC G19 for $120 and if anyone knows anything about airsoft in Canada you'll know this is a pretty good deal. The original owner said he didn't want to waste any time with it and sold it as is (small crack in magplate, a few small scratches and 1 large scratch on the slide, and small crack in the frame where the pin was).

Took it to my gundoc, got it tuned up and it's firing beautifully. The small damage doesn't bother me at all and you can't really tell unless you're standing a foot away from it anyways.

JG AUG Civilian with 2 mags and a battery I bought for $20 from a guy because the trigger was funky. I fixed that, added deans, bushings, shimmed it, put in a sp110 spring, area1000 piston head with G&P piston, systema bucking with h-nub. Sounds like alot but it was only $50 in stuff. Now she shoots like a dream with fantastic range because of the AUG's awesome hop up. The motors going out, so thats the next fix. Awesome deal for a great gun, though!

I acually meant only NEW guns purchased online or in stores, not second hand. Most people have gotten a good deal with that and this doesn't need to be a summary of that.

I'd like to know what new guns you bought for a few dollars that performs a lot better than expected.

Picked up a KWA M9 PTP magazine for $10 off of someone on AirsoftForum.com. He said it was a leaky mag, but when I got it, I found that it was only missing an o-ring on the outside of the fill valve, meaning it doesn't form a perfect seal whenever you gas it up (and it still gassed up). But everything else about it was mint!

I also traded about $300 worth of airsoft items for some real soft armor sewn inside of an EI PC. I was strapped for cash (as usual) so I turned around and put it up on eBay. Within two days, someone did the Buy It Now for $700. Talk about profit.

Finally, the guy who got me into airsoft five years ago was kicked out of the USAF about three years ago, and left a lot of his stuff at my friends house. He never came back and claimed it all. Two years later, my friend has all of his pistols and a GBB MP5 and I got his TM SPAS12 with metal folding stock and a few bits.

Archived