Airsoft guns: bargains and unpolished diamonds

Phuncz

I acually meant only NEW guns purchased online or in stores, not second hand. Most people have gotten a good deal with that and this doesn't need to be a summary of that.

I'd like to know what new guns you bought for a few dollars that performs a lot better than expected.

Galaxy MP5K for 50 quid shipped from HK.

Was a solid performer for a year. Good project gun too, shame the plastic body is a bit weak at the front end.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jg metal m733, cost £130-140, brilliant gun, best out of the box shooter I've seen/owned. I believe I saw a review that said metal gearbox not 100% sure though. Mofset fitted as standard prob 1000+ rpm fires as fast as my upgraded p90 tm. Highly reccomended check out the reviews!

Galaxy MP5K for 50 quid shipped from HK.

Was a solid performer for a year. Good project gun too, shame the plastic body is a bit weak at the front end.

mine cracked at the back, but a bit of two part epoxy fixed that :)

Also 20 quid agm mossberg m500 shotty, slam firing, one hand cocking, death machine :D

Last year I picked up an HFC P226 (Metal GBB) for $100 at this small store in NJ.

Blew me away. Extremely accurate, racks beautifully, great gas consumption, all of this compared to my heavily upgraded KSC Glock.

Still works great. I don't know any place to buy it online, but i you're looking for something cheap and reliable, go for it.

• 6 months later...

Got one of those galaxy mp5k's when they came out, strong pound and cheap shipping got it to me for £35! Needed a different battery but was pretty damn good for the price.

Second hand steals: VSR10 with PSS10 piston, trigger sear, 6.03 barrel, rail, silencer, sling, 3 mags, hardcase. £90! Was a briliant buy, just needed a new piston sear after ~100 rounds or so.

I just picked up a Maruzen PPK in superb condition for $70. Came with spare magazine, after market metal barrel/hop-up assembly, silencer with trademarks, and aftermarket loading nozzle.

PPK (upped model) sells new for around $120, spare magazines are $30, metal barrel is $50 (with silencer), and loading nozzle is $20. Pretty good deal.

I thought this was about new items not second hand :)

Yep indeed it is :)

Otherwise no one can benefit from the knowledge of a good replica for a low price.

Secondhand buys are ofcourse bargains, otherwise you were conned, had bad luck or think you got a bargain.

I ordered a Meister Glock 17 from Gunner Airsoft not knowing about Meister OR Gunner Airsoft but I saw a video on YouTube and the Meister looked like the most realistic replica Glock that I had seen. Meister only makes TWO guns that I know of; Glock 17 and 1911 MEU (TM clones), and they are really nice. I paid $84/shipped for the Glock (and the MEU was a couple dollars more). These guns are kind of hard to find IN stock but when you do...pick one up!!!

The mag leaks on the fill valve when you're filling it, but it holds the gas completely. You can get Marui mags and be set. The slide locks back reliably on the last shot, occasionally missing the mark, but hey, it was $84 brand NEW!!!tongue.gif

The Meister Glock comes with a metal slide, unlike the TM, and some people bought the Meister solely for the metal slide to put on their Marui.

Yes, Meister is definately an underrated chinese clone company.biggrin.gif

You should check out the Bell clones then, the MEU I bought is also full metal and TM cloned/compatible. I bought a TM mag as a spare and it is much better than the Bell mag, also the fill valve leaking here. I had to open it about 7 times, trying to get it not to leak. I've tried about everything and now it almost doesn't leak. You can't ignore the quality difference.

But I can't just put myself to dish out 150-200$ for an ABS pistol. Otherwise I would have bought the AMT Hardballer a long time ago...

Archived