Has any one used the Lalax magazine gas router?

greg

Hello,

as per the topic title, has anyone had experience with the lalax replacement part for the magazine gas router?

I'm under the impression it may increase fps. Is that so? & by how much.

What guns is it available for?

Greg.

Hello,

as per the topic title, has anyone had experience with the lalax replacement part for the magazine gas router?

I'm under the impression it may increase fps. Is that so? & by how much.

What guns is it available for?

Greg.

I have the purple Nine Ball (laylax) ones fitted to my TM 5.1 Hi capa mags & the velocity increase is supposed to be 15-24fps but I can't confirm this because I'm in the middle of a custom rebuild and the velocity increase will be the sum of all the upgrade parts used. The only pistols I've seen them for in the UK are the TM Hi capa, 1911, MEU and Sig 226. Sorry I can't be of more help.

ATB

Greg

im curious about these too as i saw them last night in a uk retailers website, im not so much concerned about fps increase but mabe they might be more economical on gas? i forgot to ring the shop today to ask about them as i was thinking of popping one in a ksc glock mag to check it out.

the store is here

http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/Gas%2...Ball%20Pack.htm

im curious about these too as i saw them last night in a uk retailers website, im not so much concerned about fps increase but mabe they might be more economical on gas? i forgot to ring the shop today to ask about them as i was thinking of popping one in a ksc glock mag to check it out.

the store is here

http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/Gas%2...Ball%20Pack.htm

As you can see from their link, they aren't available for KSC Glock mags. Only the models listed.

I have one coming for a 1911, I'll post results when I've done the swap.

Greg.

These do work as a friend of mine used them in his 5.1 and even during the winter they gave good results with FPS.

Word of warning however, they are only for the 5.1 and 4.3, as there are two slots required in the rubber seals for the MEU or 1911a1 and not one as these have.

Word of warning however, they are only for the 5.1 and 4.3, as there are two slots required in the rubber seals for the MEU or 1911a1 and not one as these have.

Agreed, there is that difference between them. Please note that Elite Shooting Center are now advertising that they are available for 1911's, I'm guessing lalax have redesigned the product to fit both????????? I specifically stated 1911, so will be able to confirm this upon their arival. ;)

and even said that upgrade valves are a waste of money.

Upgrade valves are a bit hit & miss. On some set ups, they make a noticeable difference. It all depends on where the extra gas goes,,,,,,,,,, down the barrel or into the blow back. It's usually a bit of both. In most stock maruis, it's mainly down the blowback. This helps to cycle the gun in winter & can produce a noticeably more powerful action in the summer. This can be tamed with a more powerful recoil spring. In this case, fps may only increase by 5fps. Or none at all.

Other examples, like the KJ M9, really benefit from a ported valve. As much as 30 additional fps!

Any how, I would never spend money on a proprietary 'upgrade valve', preferring to save the money, by porting my own. If you take the valve out & remove 2 of the 'legs', you get exactly the same performance an 'upgrade valve' delivers.

Greg.

I've got them in my sig mags ,but I never tested the diference. I just took mikes word for it :) .I'd be interested to see the results too. I also got the hop too .If the claims are correct your looking at 30-40 extra fps which is great cost effective upgrade if you ask me

I'm waiting for some Element high output valves for my TM 5.1 Hi Capa to arrive, they look like copies of the Guarder version which I have, the price was exceptional £3.06 each. How good they are remains to be seen, in the item photo at KHM they looked ok.

Mine turns up today along with the airseal hop rubber.

I'll be testing it in the following set ups on my TM hi cappa 4.3 with SD enhanced loading nozzle.

With stock barrel and mag router,

With PDI 6.01 7" barrel and mag router,

Stock barrel with nine ball hop and mag router,

and finally with PDI 6.01 7" barrel, nine ball hop, and mag router

FPS and joules will be recorded using a madbull ver2 chrono

Ammo used will be Z1 .20g bb's and Madbull .25's

Gas will be colemans propane

Testing tomorrow as I've been booked for "wife time" today ;)

Ta

K_K

So, these arrived today & as promised, here are the figs:

The stock router gave an average 304.3 fps (with a divergence of +/-3) & the lalax gave an average of 310.4, (with a divergence of +/-3.5).

So, an average benefit of 6fps.

The lalax pattern is 'notched' & sized to fit the hi cappa. However Mike at Elite shooting center has used them in 1911's & had no problems. The seal is more pronounced than the marui part & he reckons some folk have reported that this has caused problems with the cycling action.

I slapped mine into a 5-7, which shares the same pattern gas router as a 1911. I considered cutting a new notch into it but figured I'd give it a go as it was first. There didn't appear to be any issues & the figures speak for themselves.

My 5-7 has a lalax hicapa 112x6.03 barrel, lalax hop unit & ported mag valves.

I used green & Blaster devil .2's. It was 17 degrees C. I emptied & then filled the mags (over 15 seconds :huh: ), then waited 10 minutes to allow them to settle to the ambient temperature. I repeated this process after taking the first readings with the original & then, the replacement router.

I took 10 shots with each, leaving 12 seconds between each shot.

Stock, 308, 308, 302, 303, 303, 302, 304, 302, 305, 306.

Lalax, 312, 315, 308, 308, 308, 310, 309, 311, 310, 313.

I use a 'Skan' chrono (not some madbull piece of *suitcase*) which is accurate to 2 decimal places. For ease, I rounded the fig to the nearest unit.

I'll be ordering more for my hicapa & 1911.

Greg.

PS, There is always a certain pleasure in answering your own topic questions positively. :D

If you are really lucky, I'll post the results for the 1911. ;)

If you are really lucky, I'll post the results for the 1911. ;)

The seal is more pronounced than the marui part & he reckons some folk have reported that this has caused problems with the cycling action.

So, like the others, I found that these dont work in conjunction with the 1911.

The slide doesn't return to batery. Shame.

If I get really bored, I may try one in the hicappa. :D

Greg.

got about 10-12fps extra out of the 4.3 on standard barrel but lost about 10 fps on the 7", wierd!

Sorry, I should have specified, my 'hi-cpa' is a Marui 4.3, with a lalax barrel.

With the stock router the ave was 278, with the lalax router it was 284. This was as per the original tests & 19 degrees C.

Greg.

Also something to note is that they have a more aerodynamic design than the stock routes. If you guys look on the back of the packaging it shows this. This helps with how the gas is routed into the gun, pushing more gas in at once which is why you experience FPS increases. The two 'lips' you mentioned provide better seal which keeps gas from dissipating (Not much but every little bit counts!) between the mag and loading nozzle. This helps with gas usage. The two combine result in the snappier kick you are experiencing and more consistent shots.

Also something to note is that they have a more aerodynamic design than the stock routes. If you guys look on the back of the packaging it shows this. This helps with how the gas is routed into the gun, pushing more gas in at once which is why you experience FPS increases. The two 'lips' you mentioned provide better seal which keeps gas from dissipating (Not much but every little bit counts!) between the mag and loading nozzle. This helps with gas usage. The two combine result in the snappier kick you are experiencing and more consistent shots.

Yes.

Greg.

Archived