SERPA holster for my TM 5.1 and G18C

HC Airsoft

Well, for a start you won't get one that will fit both of those, and I highly doubt you'll find an off-the-shelf moulded holster that fits a 5.1 at all because they've got no real steel equivalent that Blackhawk/Safariland etc produce one for. As for the G18C, if it's anything like the TM GBB Glocks then it's pretty much guaranteed to be slightly wider than a RS Glock, and therefore difficult to fit in to something like a SERPA. I believe I once read somewhere that other types of RS Glock (possibly one of the 2X models) are wider and if you get a holster aimed at one of those you'd be alright, you'd need to look around. The other alternative is to go for a G17/18 holster and have a go at heating up and stretching it or taking a file to it.

All of the Glocks I've owned used require very little to no modification whatsoever in both Safariland and SERPA holsters. On the flip side if you do encounter fiting problems both brands have adjustment screws that can loosen or tighten the holster to a desired "grip".

The Hi cappa is not a real gun, if you want to gouge out parts of you holster to fit it, that is possible, if you have the patience.

I bought the newer Tm G17 custom, it does not fit in the serpa style holsters. TM make the body a few mm wider than the real steel.

The 5.11 Blade holsters can be adjusted by using the two screws accomodate any variation in size.no heating or cutting needed :)

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/511-blade-tech-holsters-59142-514-p.asp

5.1 hi-capa will fit into a p226 serpa with some modifications to it. A little bit off the holser where the mag release button is and an bit of tape inside to shim the trigger guard against the catch will do nicely. Mine is out on loan but will try and put a few pics up. Cannot find it right now but i'm sure there is a bladetech hi-cappa holster out there.

The hi-capa isn't a real gun, but it's very close to the STI and to a lesser extent Springfield Operator/Kimber. I'm hoping that a Safariland for one of those with torch (which is kind of important as it renders trigger guard style irrelevant) will fit. Product code should be xxxx-5340-zzz (where xxxx is the holster type and zzz is the handedness/finish). For example 6285-5340-131. Of course if this doesn't work I may need to buy a different gun.

You *might* get both guns to fit a safariland for glock with torch, but you'd really want to try it out first. Serpa options for the hicapa need some sort of modification, either to the holster or pistol or both. You might also be able to use the serpa with xiphos for a a hicapa 5.1 (it fits the 4.3).

I should have been more clear.

I know that the same molded holster will not fit both my G18C and 5.1, that would be silly.

Apparently aside from the expensive one posted I won't find one for the 5.1, disappointing but that's life I suppose.

The next logical question is which locking, molded holsters will definitely fit the TM G18C AEP?

Is that expensive? I mean if you're in the market for moulded holsters, that's the sort of price you'll always be looking at really, other than the base line models of SERPAs/Safarilands they're all at least $50/60+, and that's without going for something with a MOLLE mount/drop leg to increase the cost even more.

I don't think there's anything out there that can be 100% guaranteed to fit your AEP unfortunately, I'd go for one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackhawk-SPORTSTER-SERPA-Holster-for-Glock-17-22-31-RH_W0QQitemZ310212804026QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item483a1fbdba#ht_2883wt_1013

Sportster (i.e. economy line) model, should be close to a fit, but you won't have to worry as much about shaping/filing it compared to if you'd paid full whack for the proper CQC version. Then later down the line you can easily buy a drop leg/MOLLE panel for it should you decide you don't want it on a belt.

You can fit a Hi-CAPA in a 1911 SERPA with some mods to the gun.

If you grind the trigger guard to be round like a "normal" 1911 it will work.

I didn't feel like doing the Dremel work on my gun (I have done it for other people's though), so I replaced my grip with one of the Tanio Koba grips (like this one) and now my TM 5.1 fits a 1911 SERPA just fine.

The same trick doesn't work for the 4.3 or a 5.1 with a full rail &/or with a "Man Masher" on it.

For my 5.1 with "Man Masher", I purchased a Safariland 6004 meant for a USP w/light. I then used a heat gun to soften the Kydex enough to re-shape it. I put my 5.1 w/light in the softened holster and "wiggled" it around a bit, let it cool and now it fits like it was made for it.

I've heard that the SL6004 for a P226 w/light will fit a 5.1 w/light. However, I have not done it myself so I can't say for sure that it does/will.

The Serpa for the Glock17 fits the KJW 5,1 with out mods. Atleast according to a user on www.airsoftsverige.com

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

So that should fit both your guns. The issue could be how close a TM 5,1 is to a KJM 5,1 (KJ Works KP-05) in construction, but as long as they are the same it should work.

Edit: when I read the post on the other forum I missed the part that the catch wont engage, so the onlything holding the gun is the retention fo the holster. A possible fix to that would be to buy the retention only version of the same holster.

I own both a Glock Serpa and a Marui Hi-Capa. The catch on the holster won't engage because the trigger guard on the Hi-Capa is only about half the thickness of that on a Glock, so the holster can't hold onto it. Also there is pretty much zero retention from the holster itself, it's a very loose fit.

The Serpa for the Glock17 fits the KJW 5,1 with out mods. Atleast according to a user on www.airsoftsverige.com

So that should fit both your guns. The issue could be how close a TM 5,1 is to a KJM 5,1 (KJ Works KP-05) in construction, but as long as they are the same it should work.

Edit: when I read the post on the other forum I missed the part that the catch wont engage, so the onlything holding the gun is the retention fo the holster. A possible fix to that would be to buy the retention only version of the same holster.

But the KJ uses TanioKoba style grips. They have a rounded trigger guard etc. I doubt even retention would hold it in.

Best bet is a light-bearing 1911 Safariland. That, or buy the Serpa for the Glock, which has the straight trigger guard, and heat it to slightly reshape it.

Archived