Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

I just put a Systema M120 spring in mine and the motor was having issues pulling it. Thinking up upgrading the motor.

Anyone see the new G and P Satan or the SHS ones?

Edited by ericfine50

Get an SHS Short Ultra Torque motor, no need for the satan (shs is better, plus the satan is long not short)

And Nikon you're right, the mosfet should know exactly when to stop for the burst so it should be good. With all the parts I bought for it it should be PAST 30 rps :) going to be fun.

Get an SHS Short Ultra Torque motor, no need for the satan (shs is better, plus the satan is long not short)

And Nikon you're right, the mosfet should know exactly when to stop for the burst so it should be good. With all the parts I bought for it it should be PAST 30 rps :) going to be fun.

I'm getting about 15 rps with a 120 spring and a high torque motor. What type of spring and battery are you using?

Edited by Nikon

I just put a Systema M120 spring in mine and the motor was having issues pulling it. Thinking up upgrading the motor.

Anyone see the new G and P Satan or the SHS ones?

No need for a torque motor to pull that spring. An SHS high speed motor will easily pull it, and much faster.

Thanks guys.

The local pro-shop here is getting in some SRC motors next week. Any experience with those?

High torque but overpriced. Seriously, the SHS/Element high speed motor is great and has plenty of torque for an M120 spring.

These are all the aftermarket parts I am putting in it:

RiotSC Revolution Gen.2 Gearset

ARS Cylinder Head Sorbo

AWS Pulse Mosfet

11.1v 20c 1200mah batteries (x4)

Deans

PDI 6.05mm barrel

PDI W Hold Bucking

Element Max torque motor

Prometheus POM Piston Head

+

All the correct tuning for accuracy and compression consistency and 2 springs, one for 350 fps and one for 390 fps.

Edited by hmg9194

It really isn't needed to pull an M120.

So what's the downside of a high torque motor with a 120 spring, especially if very high ROF might not be your primary goal?

So what's the downside of a high torque motor with a 120 spring, especially if very high ROF might not be your primary goal?

The only reason for using one at that power level would be if you wanted to deliberately keep the ROF down, but that goal would be better achieved using a lower voltage battery or a computerized mosfet with ROF control. Modern neodymium magnet high speed motors can provide plenty of speed AND torque at the mild power levels being discussed.

The only reason for using one at that power level would be if you wanted to deliberately keep the ROF down, but that goal would be better achieved using a lower voltage battery or a computerized mosfet with ROF control. Modern neodymium magnet high speed motors can provide plenty of speed AND torque at the mild power levels being discussed.

...but is there a downside, like wear on gears or battery?

...but is there a downside, like wear on gears or battery?

As with all high performance builds there is less margin for error when tuning. But if you're good at tuning and you use the right parts, you can happily run a gun at high speed for a very long time.

A high torque motor in my build just keeps it all clean and snappy. Sure, a high sped would work but I don't want rps past 40 and with this it will never have power problems. To each his own but it's what I chose to do.

A torque motor for speed builds is a good idea if you have a good enough battery source - HS motors take a longer time to start up, draining more batter power. Torque motors take less, so if you give enough power you can output a decently good ROF.

A torque motor for speed builds is a good idea if you have a good enough battery source - HS motors take a longer time to start up, draining more batter power. Torque motors take less, so if you give enough power you can output a decently good ROF.

OK, so generally, a high speed motor will drain your battery faster but give you high rates of fire. It can also pull a 120 spring or less. A high torque motor is more efficient for batteries and can pull 120+ springs but gives a much lower ROF. It's a generalization, but is that correct?

aznriptide859, when you say "good enough battery source", what are you thinking? Maybe a 7.4v 2200mah 30C Lipo or something bigger? I'm thinking a high "C" rated battery will be much more efficient for a high torque motor.

Edited by Nikon

No, modern neodymium motors have the same high speed as their ferrite magnet high speed counterparts. They are built better and have better trigger response.

Ex: ACM High Torque vs g&p m120

Winner=HT Motor

All modern airsoft motor designs use neodymium magnets. Ferrite motors are obsolete and to compare the two makes no sense.

Yes you can achieve good ROF with a torque motor, but at medium power levels you can use a HS motor with no loss of trigger response. All neo motors give relatively high torque.

Edited by Tacitus
  • Like 1