Ross Kemp in Afghanistan

gijohn2

I just watched season 2 and it made me wonder if there is anything like this for the American forces? etc and if so could some one tell me the name. As i would like to watch it and see how the other main NATO forces battle against the taliban.

John

There isn't to my knowledge, I doubt the media wants the American public to see what's really going on over there, it would ruin all the lies they tell about it.

Lol, you don't watch much news do you? Too bad, youd get great reception with those tin foil hats.

You mean the news that does nothing but either have idiot conservatives and idiot liberals arguing over the health care bill, or cover what a celebrity is up to? MAYBE an occasional mention of the troop surge here and there will appear now days since it's happened, and that's usually just on the ticker at the bottom anyway. Do you really want to defend the American media?

Sure. Ya, I think the media has become incredibly petty, but you made a fairly absolute statement, and its pretty easy to defend against those. Point is, Ive seen a number of documentaries on Iraq. Why would we have so many embedded journalists if the media didnt want to show anything?

I wasn't referring to Iraq but rather Afghanistan, that's something they don't really cover on the news, well the television news anyway.

Also I didn't state what i said like it was a fact either, I said "I doubt the media wants the American public to see what's really going on over there" which to me at least clearly states an opinion. But on the subject of their being American documentaries taking place in Afghanistan in the style of the British one with Ross Kemp. I had not heard of even one until Azubi mentioned this "Obama's War", which i am now eager to check out.

Ross Kempy goes to Afganistan and gets shot at, go watch it. It is a fantastic documentary into the modern british army.

Hha.

There is some very graphic bits in the first episodes where a man has been shot in the gut and his insides are forcing there way out threw a tiny hole *shudders*.

Ross Kemp in afghanistan is awesome. Simply due to the looks on the soldiers faces most of the time, you can tell there just thinking "what a penis".

I know there is a Canadian show which is about a unit training up then deploying to afghanistan. It was pretty good can remember what it was called.

Oh yeah for sure. And poor Kempy *suitcases* himself thoroughly at a few bits!

I just love how he puts a brave face on for the camera crew, more so in the second series. Whenever they get shot at he keeps telling the crew to get down, get down.

I just love how he puts a brave face on for the camera crew, more so in the second series. Whenever they get shot at he keeps telling the crew to get down, get down.

Indeed, though I imagine that's partly to do with how it's not uncommon for cameramen to kind of.. Forget to get into cover, as they sometimes feel disconnected when looking through a viewfinder.

I just watched season 2 and it made me wonder if there is anything like this for the American forces? etc and if so could some one tell me the name. As i would like to watch it and see how the other main NATO forces battle against the taliban.

John

This will be coming out soon.

http://www.restrepothemovie.com/

Archived