Battlestar Galactica Marines

Hey all, a project I have started recently is to build up my own BSG re-imagined series Marine outfit.

ColinCorrigan_BattlestarGalactica.jpg

Helpfully a full listing of exactly what they have is on the BSG wikia (http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Marine near the bottom of the page).

I am also intending to get some form of Cx4 Storm at least for photos but would like to go gaming in it probably using a P90 at some point.

Just wondered what you lot think of the look?

Gonna go all black myself, I think it is the more recognizable .. though I am going to be doing mostly CQB indoors venues so it also makes more sense.

I shall indeed be making a modified 5-7, making the attachment is pretty easy. I actually recently did a duty blues uniform (link of awesome So Say We All) but owing to the fact I didn't have the capitia spare to buy a 5-7 ended up having my holster with an M9 (wood grip handle to look more the part).

I have actually found a nice cheap springer Cx4 for pictures, though P90 will be awesome enough especially since I have been meaning to get one for ages (lol even when I stopped playing, pretty much I still wanted to get one .. along with my obsessive want of an M14).

Yah first season they used P90s and in fact the reason they use 5-7s for side arm in later seasons was because the awesome blade runner esque pistols were retarded to load (had to be took apart loaded and then reassembled) and because they wanted to sue up the stock of blank 5.7 ammo they had left over.

I have been having a similar problem and may have to go for Similar but not the same swat like vest.

When I find the one I am going for I shall put a link up.

Matrix not being known for their quality and Evike being known for *fruitcage* up web orders.

But, I mean, can't go too wrong for the price – especially considering it actually includes all the pouches, which I didn't realize when I first posted it.

• 3 months later...

You do realize that they extensively used MP7s with ELCANs in the show, so you can scrap the storm and the fringe use of the P90 and go right to the MP7 and be well within the realm of canon.

I've actually got a working tanaka shotgun sell attachment for the 5-7 that's being reverse engineered and improved upon by a bud ATM, so it's not that hard to do, I just couldn't bring myself to paint my nice 5-7 all ugly. Next on the list is making the tanaka device the size of a M3 or M6x.

EDIT for the post above: Search EBAY for props, some guys are making detachable devices that can be modified easily.

You do realize that they extensively used MP7s with ELCANs in the show, so you can scrap the storm and the fringe use of the P90 and go right to the MP7 and be well within the realm of canon.

hahah am sorry whut?

I think you will the marine main arm through seasons 2 - 4 was the Storm (link because well it is easier to point to a wiki and say look: Read this), the P90 is used throughout the entire first series and the MP7 mainly used by main character actors every so often and then in the last few episodes it is shown in a few marines hands.

I can see the point of using an MP7 but I truly think even a P90 is more canon with a marine.

Also as I have not update din a while got mah tac vest, a cheap Chinese swat rip off current un-stitching the crappy useless pouches and adding some good and useful sized pouches

hahah am sorry whut?

I think you will the marine main arm through seasons 2 - 4 was the Storm (link because well it is easier to point to a wiki and say look: Read this), the P90 is used throughout the entire first series and the MP7 mainly used by main character actors every so often and then in the last few episodes it is shown in a few marines hands.

I can see the point of using an MP7 but I truly think even a P90 is more canon with a marine.

If you want to carry around a springer Strom go ahead, I was merely trying to point out an option that was skirmishable. The marines did not play as substantial a role in the first season as they did later on in the series, and you'll also notice that several of the freedom fighters carried Mp7s in the first season, and so did a few of the marines (although not as many as in later seasons). The P90 was replaced at the end of season one by the storm (one of the many things that didn't make sense with the series), and Mp7 (it was featured more often than that wiki makes it seem, just go watch the episodes), and the marines see most of their glory in the series on New Caprica, where many of them carry Mp7s as well as Storms. Wiki's aren't always right, especially fan run ones.

I wouldn't put too much credence on that site either, it states that Starbuck used a CX storm when she acted as a sniper during the hostage situation on the prison ship, it was a P90. Also I never saw the Raisen or Saburo MN23 (though to be fair that doesn't mean they wern't there I could have missed them).

I did this loadout a few years ago but with the urban camouflage (I used urban Marpat which was a good match) and SWAT vest, drop leg holster etc. The 5-7 wasnt even out when I did my loadout! I can't find a picture though :(

The helmet used is a snow boarding helmet. (Giro Bad Lieutenant iirc).

If you want to carry around a springer Strom go ahead, I was merely trying to point out an option that was skirmishable. The marines did not play as substantial a role in the first season as they did later on in the series, and you'll also notice that several of the freedom fighters carried Mp7s in the first season, and so did a few of the marines (although not as many as in later seasons). The P90 was replaced at the end of season one by the storm (one of the many things that didn't make sense with the series), and Mp7 (it was featured more often than that wiki makes it seem, just go watch the episodes), and the marines see most of their glory in the series on New Caprica, where many of them carry Mp7s as well as Storms. Wiki's aren't always right, especially fan run ones.

Well let me at least apologise for the way I put my reply it was essentially a bit gay how I put it and some what just rude.

I should go to the point of explaining the spring Cx4 would only in the end be for photos (I cosplay its kinda one of my things) and the P90 would be more for skirmishing (I feel it would be better than an MP7 at least to me and I think I did say I am still obsessed with the damn things). In my defense I have watched the series a good 4 times now (once on my own, once with two friends separately and now with my girlfriend) so I have watched the episodes and I have always felt the MP7 was something given to name characters and the Cx4 and P90 was a marine thing.

it is nearly done will post up pics when I have everything.

Though now that I have got to the point I am most likely not going to wear the duty blues again for any cosplay things I shall probably take it to an airsoft event and look like a spazz with just a pistol :P

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't put too much credence on that site either, it states that Starbuck used a CX storm when she acted as a sniper during the hostage situation on the prison ship, it was a P90. Also I never saw the Raisen or Saburo MN23 (though to be fair that doesn't mean they wern't there I could have missed them).

The Miniseries.

And, yes, the UMP, G36, MP7, P90, &c. are all canon.

Archived