COD:Black ops to help airsoft?!

Short Stack

Imagine this.

Player 1 Knows MG nest is up ahead 200 feet. He grabs his RC Car, gets it ready, and drives it out through the woods, using the video camera, he notices the position of the gunners, entrances, exits, and such. He listens to the enemy speaking. He drives it back. He gets out his rifle, and starts firing shots at the MG nest. Then he takes a covered trail he found with the RC Car and gets behind the nest. He tosses in a grenade, clearing the nest. Mission Accomplished.

So Call of duty Black Ops prestige edition comes with an RC CAR with a video camera and a mic. If measures were made to protect it from BB's, it could be very useful. Does anyone Agree?

The screen is on the controller, so no pesky laptop screens and no UAV's to throw from and fly for a couple minutes. This thing is man-portable. And could anyone imagine crabbing 3 tornado grenades and wiring a mechanism to activiate them when a button is pressed on the controller? And imagine the Scenario possibilities. To have to drive the car in, blow up some documents, and then go in and clear the area, instead of clearing the area and then blowing the documents?

See, COD is not all that negative.

Nice!

but:

1.Would only be useful on static objectives (like a MG nest mentioned above.......) however it wouldnt be much use if everybody was running about, so its use is narrowed by that.

2.If the car gets seen...... then what? firstly the "enemy" might shot at it, secondly they would know that someone is scoping the place out.

3.I think this is the most crucial part, it is the ruggness/survial ability of the vehicle with it being on the field with quite a few hazards present. As well as its a "freebie" (of sorts) so QC might not be the greatest. (plus the availability of spare parts)

4.e size/bulk of the item..........eg someone has to carry it (seen that you mention the screen is on the controller, however its still bulk.)

Dont want to seem like Im shooting the idea down, just giving my view of the problems/difficulties with using the "car" in a game situation......

I'm with Kenworth on this, If I saw something like that I'd be focused on trying to destroy it more than the main objective of the game:

-Turning it upside down

-Kicking it

-Putting it in a tree

We've covered UAVs use in airsoft MANY times, and established that most people love the idea when theyre the ones using it, but aren't such great fans when someone smashes it to pieces.

Personally I wouldn't bother, as other have said it wouldn't last long before getting broken. The only time I've seen an RC car used in airsoft (claymore on top in a CQB if your wondering) it was less than 30 seconds before somebody put it on it's roof with a swift kick

i kinda find this idea just as useless as it was before i saw it in the MP footage trailer. to get a car with the traction required to be useful in a real world environment, it would take an RC car that would cost a mint, otherwise it will be stopped by a stick or the stiff it runs over could mess with the suspension and/or steering servo.

however, nobody would be an *albatross* and break it, but they will disable it. i personally would remove the battery and keep it until the end of the day.

renegadecow opens RC car plastic molding shield business?

I was thinking of just getting a kid strapped with a radio headset and baby monitor. Voice command to boot and runs on Skittles, not batteries. While armoring this wouldn't be a problem since it's on the ground and not too sensitive on weight, it does have a very limited range: 200 feet. And that's measured in a straight line with no structures or vegetation to obstruct the signal. Seeing as how that's about how far most guns can shoot, you'd hardly be within safe distances to deploy the RC. Would be immensely valuable in CQB though where you can peer through corridors and into rooms to count and locate where the targets are. Then again, in closed spaces, that RC is gonna make a hell of a lot of noise.

Scenario 1:

gol18ht.jpg

No more MG nest.

I can't see how the RC toy will work in airsoft, as most games involve players NOT doing recce, games move so fast that this type of recce is useless. Its probably better with a guy on overwatch with some thermal optics.

I mean, when in majority of games would you sit and do sentry in a fortified position, or when would you BUILD defensive positions, no airsofter wants to dig a gunpit for >6 hrs just to play a game...

Maybe in CQB, but a corner shot might be more useful...

Like ANYTHING else, if you take it on field during an event you should expect it to be shot or have any other number of things happen to it.

If you are not prepared for the device to be damaged then don't take it on field.

For this idea specifically. If it didn't have a "kill switch" that could be shot to disable the car, then people WILL do all kind of terrible tings to it (shoot it; throw it in a stream/river, tree, etc; step on it; dismantle it; drop it in a hole & bury it; etc).

some people tryed the bb firing rc tanks a while ago and as stated by a lot of the above posters they ended up stomped on in trees or on roofs, but still fun to watch sum unsuspecting person get shot in the *albatross* when they least exspected it if not a little exspensive.

Archived