"X High-Tech" CNC internal parts

k30dxedle

Let me just start off by saying that yes, I did search, and trawl through all eight pages of results, as well as several pages in both the news and duplicate news forums, finding nothing. (which will make me feel all the more stupid when I find it, but hey...) Also, I don't know if this is really 'news', but I do know that I've seen people looking for some of this stuff in CNC-milled form, so I figured I'd put it out there. And

</babble>

CNC-milled aluminum stuff from some company I've never heard of called "X High-Tech". You can has:

AK hopup unit

AR-15 hopup unit

V.3 gearbox shell

V.2 gearbox shell

Some quick observations:

-The AK hopup unit is comparable in price to the old blue Pro-Win unit, which I believe is discontinued?

-Don't think a CNC AR-15 hopup unit has been available before. Incidentally, there's one apparently made by JG over at Gunner, but it'll take a fair bit more change out of your pocket.

-A CNC'd ACM G36 hopup unit has also been available at RSOV and Gunner for a bit. RSOV has them cheaper. (there was also one by Pro-Win, which I suppose is discontinued too)

-The V.2 gearbox shell may prove popular. It's also cheaper, IIRC, than the Haynes boxes and (again, discontinued?) PGC/Pro-Win ones.

-No information on what size bushings the gearboxes take. Perhaps someone with more gearbox experience than I can try to figure that by eye?

Finally, I do realize that these are, in all likelihood, machined from castings and not from billet, but so what? Better than having the same part cast and not machined at all, and out of pot metal to boot, right?

Edit: I'm going to take a stab in the not-totally-dark and say "X High-Tech" is most likely a Chinese company.

The reason billet vs cast matters is the fact that the casting destroys the superior grain structure created when the billet was properly produced (usually either by continuous extrusion or forging) and then heat treated in the first place. Just because Ikea furniture is made from wood pulp doesnt mean its the same as a piece made from hardwood boards because its "wood". If they cast from a quality alloy (the site says 7075), machine finish it, and then heat treat it thats better than nothing. But the precision gained from machine finishing is sometimes lost as a result of dimensional changes during the heat treatment process. I very highly doubt these parts have been heat treated in any way.

Sure, machine finished is better than no machining generally speaking when dealing with high precision components. Castings can be surprisingly precise dimensionally. In my opinion taking the time to machine a poor quality base metal is a little backwards especially when they are charging billet prices.

Heres a couple more of these "X high Tech" branded items.

Custom Motors

http://www.ebairsoft.com/high-tech-high-speed-custom-motor-p-3538.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/high-tech-high-speed-custom-motor-p-3537.html

Torque!!

http://www.ebairsoft.com/high-tech-tubro-custom-motor-p-3535.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/high-tech-tubro-custom-motor-p-3536.html

I'm going to venture that since aside from EBairsoft's site this seems to be the only thread on the web that mentions the brand, this is probably just an upstart brand that is getting their start and using EBAirsoft as a distributor.

Their work doesn't seem to be any specific brand that has been relabeled.

I noticed the work on that M4 hop up does look shoddy for being a CNC machined piece. Just looks sloppy. One of the enduring characteristics of a well milled piece is the smoothness of it. They really didn't take the time to clean even their show piece up I can imagine the look of some of the less quality ones. I'm not so sure I would want to be a guini pig on that one. The motors on the otherhand for the price it may be worth giving a shot. I notice right off that the tops seem to be gold plated rather then the nickle on other brands. at worst they can't be much worse then a stock motor. I wouldn't expect Systema performance tho.

• 4 months later...

Archived