Interested in Hk21E/Hk11 Project

aznriptide859

I finally got some good pictures of the original 21E and I mapped out the dimensions using a G3 receiver and its lower with the pictures. I'm going to be cutting and bending out this piece on sheet metal, after which I'll finish with welds, hammering and drilling. I have the equipment along with an anvil which will be my work horse for this. Here's the picture.

picture004nj.jpg

Hopefully, I succeed without any mess ups.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The feed mech on the old 21E is detachable, it has a retainer on both sides on the front that hold the feed mech with a pin insert. The welder comes in with this since the retainer welded on lol. The feed mech I feel will be the easiest part because it has to be hollow to allow the internals to fit, it'll purely be aesthetics. In case you were asking me how the BB's will feed, I'm going to leave it like any other G3 in airsoft feeds. Don't worry, once I make my first prototype I intend to produce this as a full gun for all. I can't guarantee real deal accuracy on it, but it'll be damn close. For sure what I will design will put Marui to shame with their G3 body design. I'll make sure it doesn't flex or wobble, perhaps I should add blowback? Oh the ideas..

Now I'm not a fan of hi-cap winders or electric feeders, so I was just considering making the box mag one big mid cap. I feel it should be able to hold at least 600+ rounds double stacked with a box that big.

Have an idea - I'm going to purchase the manual for the Hk21E off RobertRTG (I think it's like $10), then scan all the pages and use that as a semi-visual guideline for parts and whatnot. How does that sound? :D

EDIT: Also to people who've modified CETME kits to G3's - are you able to attach the RS stock pin adaptor (the metal part at the front part of the stock) to normal G3 AEG bodies, or do you have to transfer the wood stock to an airsoft stock adaptor?

EDIT: Also to people who've modified CETME kits to G3's - are you able to attach the RS stock pin adaptor (the metal part at the front part of the stock) to normal G3 AEG bodies, or do you have to transfer the wood stock to an airsoft stock adaptor?

You can but a bit of it has to be cut so it can fit on, not a big deal really.

I'm most confused by the carry handle mount, the entire barrel shroud, and the bipod - I have no idea how those would go together sad.gif

Imagine if you will that there are three parts. The body, the front end and then the bridge between them. The bridge goes over the body first and then is welded to it, then the front end goes into the bridge and gets welded to that and the main body. The bridge has the slot on the left side of the gun for the carry handle. The one shown in that video isn't the correct one, but the guy did an impressive job on the gun regardless. If you need references showing this better, I can provide my library to you.

As far as the bipod, the iron sight and the bi-pod holder is one piece, that gets put in front of the front end and welded.

As you may have guessed by my signature, I have a small interest in H&K... so I figured I'd share this item from my collection with you.

http://rapidshare.com/files/422847873/hk_11.pdf

I can't see that file, it claims it doesn't exist :(

Imagine if you will that there are three parts. The body, the front end and then the bridge between them. The bridge goes over the body first and then is welded to it, then the front end goes into the bridge and gets welded to that and the main body. The bridge has the slot on the left side of the gun for the carry handle. The one shown in that video isn't the correct one, but the guy did an impressive job on the gun regardless. If you need references showing this better, I can provide my library to you.

As far as the bipod, the iron sight and the bi-pod holder is one piece, that gets put in front of the front end and welded.

So, basically the barrel shroud is built onto the upper reciever first, then the front barrel/cocking assembly is put on that?

To my it seems that the area the shroud welds to the front sight post is where the bipod mounts. Have you managed to find a suitable alternative? The Hk21 bipod is friggin $250 >.<...and there's no way I'm spending that much on that stupid part lol.

I'm making everything from scratch, a mix of welds, cuts and bends with pipes, sheet metal and rods is the way I'm going to have to do it. So far it's comming out pretty good, you're going to have to be innovative and inventive to get the looks and the functions. Otherwise you will be paying a pretty penny for all of it, take your sight for example, or the stock. I'll be making it for a fraction of the cost, sure it'll take work but thats work I don't mind doing.

Archived