ECHO1 M28 Sniper's Rifle

DRAGON64

the madbull/blaster/devil .4's (same bb's different QC levels) Are beter than the .36's and .43's by a fair way.

So to recap a minor detail, the VSR hop chamber is slightly larger than the E1M28. i'm asking becaruse i have a noobies tdc kit that i'd want to put into this rifle.

how much does noobies tdc kit cost??? and where can i get one??? the VSR hop chamber is 0.9mm larger then the E1M28 chamber:(

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding ammo, here is what I picked up to use in my M28:

IMG_3249.jpg

I am leary of the color, as I will more than likely not be able to see where my shots go. They are listed as purple, but they may as well be invisible or Jet Black. The flash on my camera provided some visual effects in the pic below... besides all of the speckles, the shadows make the individual ammo rounds look out of round:

IMG_3261.jpg

Regarding ammo, here is what I picked up to use in my M28:

IMG_3249.jpg

I am leary of the color, as I will more than likely not be able to see where my shots go. They are listed as purple, but they may as well be invisible or Jet Black. The flash on my camera provided some visual effects in the pic below... besides all of the speckles, the shadows make the individual ammo rounds look out of round:

IMG_3261.jpg

looks alot like Devil .43 ?????

how much does noobies tdc kit cost??? and where can i get one??? the VSR hop chamber is 0.9mm larger then the E1M28 chamber:(

Currently they are not available and Noobie seems to have vanished a little bit in the last 6-8months.

I might just have to get an E1M24 and see if i can transfer the kit in. Climber, i might be in touch to see about a cylinder head so i can transfer my current vsr setup into the new rifle.

Those look very much like all the oem .43 rounds currently available.

Currently they are not available and Noobie seems to have vanished a little bit in the last 6-8months.

I might just have to get an E1M24 and see if i can transfer the kit in. Climber, i might be in touch to see about a cylinder head so i can transfer my current vsr setup into the new rifle.

Those look very much like all the oem .43 rounds currently available.

just let me know if you are willing to sell the kit :P the need for a quality cylinder will appear pretty fast, moving parts against alloy does not last 4ever!!

Update:

I received my two main upgardes yesterday; the Masamune 6.01 tight bore barrel, and a new AirsoftGI VSR-10 compatable bucking:

IMG_3245.jpg

The bucking is actually made by Action Army...

IMG_3246.jpg

The cuts in the Masamune barrel are similar, and that is about where the comparison ends. Here is a shot of the barrel ends:

IMG_3250.jpg

The Masamune is shorter by 5mm (Masamune= 515mm and stock= 520mm):

IMG_3251.jpg

One other major difference is the hop-up access ports on the barrels, with the stock barrel having a rather raw cut and larger maw:

IMG_3254.jpg

As opposed to the more refined cut and smaller gap on the new barrel

IMG_3257.jpg

The new bucking fit quite nicely, as would be expected with upgrade components, but the bucking is a tight fit in the hop-up chamber. So much so, that I cannot even wrap the bucking in teflon tape. One other bonus, the new barrel comes to us clean, unlike the stock barrel that is layered in grease & grime from the factory:

IMG_3259.jpg

I took my time rebuilding the barrel and hop-up chamber assembly, as I hope to not have to go back into it for a long while. The barrel spacers need lubing to fit onto the new barrel, keep this in minde should you make the change.

Along with the new parts, I ordered new ammo, as previously posted. When I arrived home from work this evening, I loaded one of the magazines with the new bbs and tried to cap off a few rounds. These little Purple bbs are nearly impossible to see, so I switched back to the .30g KSC ammo. Shooting off-hand, and without a scope, at a distance of 125ft, I was able to peg the illusive 9" paperplate 4 out of 10 times. The White KSC brand bbs appeared to fly true, so I am very hopeful of a good second day of accuracy testing. I will re-chrono the rifle with all three weights of bbs (.20; .30 & .43), and then procede with another accuracy test. Again, the main goal here is 10 for 10 on target with the rifle resting on a bench. The secondary goal is that I manage a measurable group.

On a side note, the newly rebuilt trigger group is holding up great, no issues what so ever. I am contemplating downgrading the spring to an SP130 from Laylax, for a lighter pull, and less wear on the internals, and sticking with the .30g bbs. I'll know more after this weekend. Second side note, I figured out my scope, and it provides a very nice picture to shoot at now...

Off Topic Update:

If the rifle shoots as well as i would like it to, then I will be using it in a fun little competition that is getting under way at the Airsoft Sniper forum...see here:

http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=2231

It's just a friendly meet, but should be good clean competitive fun. If your not a member, then you should join, the forum is specific to the Snipers and Designated Marksmen of airsoft.

Update:

The upgrades do not disappoint... unfortunattely, the magazines do. I had a good day today with the M28. I would venture to say that I have run 12 or more magazines through the rifle, doing some tests and trying to zero it in, and I have had pretty good results over all. I ran the usual .20 and .30 gram ammo across the chrony machine to note changes, if any, the new upgrades may have brought on, to find that the rifle's is nominal: 500 to 520 fps on .20's and 416 to 430 fps on .30's. The .43 presented a few issues early on, then I managed to get a handle on firing them and forged on to shoot another video of the results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJE8ZeEcqDA

I have two paths I can take: Get a hop-up arm that will add more hop to the .43's, or down grade the spring to an SP130, and run .30g ammo as a staple. Easy enough, I can test either path tomorrow, and go from there.

ECHO1, if you are following this thread, then we need magazines...good quality magazines. If not quality, then we need quantity, as these non-servicable magazines are not standing the test of time. (period)

Update:

The upgrades do not disappoint... unfortunattely, the magazines do. I had a good day today with the M28. I would venture to say that I have run 12 or more magazines through the rifle, doing some tests and trying to zero it in, and I have had pretty good results over all. I ran the usual .20 and .30 gram ammo across the chrony machine to note changes, if any, the new upgrades may have brought on, to find that the rifle's is nominal: 500 to 520 fps on .20's and 416 to 430 fps on .30's. The .43 presented a few issues early on, then I managed to get a handle on firing them and forged on to shoot another video of the results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJE8ZeEcqDA

I have two paths I can take: Get a hop-up arm that will add more hop to the .43's, or down grade the spring to an SP130, and run .30g ammo as a staple. Easy enough, I can test either path tomorrow, and go from there.

ECHO1, if you are following this thread, then we need magazines...good quality magazines. If not quality, then we need quantity, as these non-servicable magazines are not standing the test of time. (period)

Dont think the problems are in your magazines, the problem on the E1 version is that the magwell is mounted to the stock, so mags dont get hight enough to open up the bb lock..

on my Snow Wolft its mounted to the barrel and have never had an miss feed on my rifle!!!

try to mount it on the barrel and you will see^^

Dont think the problems are in your magazines, the problem on the E1 version is that the magwell is mounted to the stock, so mags dont get hight enough to open up the bb lock..

on my Snow Wolft its mounted to the barrel and have never had an miss feed on my rifle!!!

try to mount it on the barrel and you will see^^

I will need specific pictures and measurements of locations and hardware needed to make such a transfer. But you may be on to something there...

I will need specific pictures and measurements of locations and hardware needed to make such a transfer. But you may be on to something there...

here is the SW M24 magwell:

21022011535.jpg

21022011534.jpg

21022011532.jpg

looks like mine magwell might be a bit longer than the E1's.. you might do an easy fix by loosen the two screws and put a shim between your magwell and stock, so the magazines will come higher up??

ohh, btw echo1usa got some spare parts listed in their webshop now, funny prices but better than nothing;)

http://echo1usa.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95

Thank you for the pictures and the heads-up on the ECHO1 USA parts store climber...I wonder if ECHO1 has something special in mind for the magazines since they have not made it on to the spare parts list yet. (?)

DRAGON, are you having trouble with the mags feeding, or is it the general fragility of the construction of the mag with the plastic breaking?

Oh, I have put these squeeze on the magazines no doubt, but I have not broke them. The magazines are just not feeding. At one point in my most recent video, I tilt the rifle while the bolt is open, and you can plainly hear the bb tumble inside the stock. When I pull the magazine, three bbs pour out... it is like climber has said, it is like the magazine just does not fit far enough into the hop-up chamber any more.

Oh, I have put these squeeze on the magazines no doubt, but I have not broke them. The magazines are just not feeding. At one point in my most recent video, I tilt the rifle while the bolt is open, and you can plainly hear the bb tumble inside the stock. When I pull the magazine, three bbs pour out... it is like climber has said, it is like the magazine just does not fit far enough into the hop-up chamber any more.

Dragon was the new hop-bucking shorter than the stock one???? when i look at your picture, it looks like a bit shorter??

if thats the case the bucking wont go far enough back and bbs might fall down in front of the magazine?

Dragon was the new hop-bucking shorter than the stock one???? when i look at your picture, it looks like a bit shorter??

if thats the case the bucking wont go far enough back and bbs might fall down in front of the magazine?

No, the buckings are the same size, so I do not believe the bucking is the issue, and besides, the feeding issue was present prior to the introduction of the new bucking.

Hope this helps, saw it before and just saw it again from asf.

Recently received this as a Christmas present. first impression was that it was very heavy and the stock was very solid. after putting it together I went to shoot it and to my surprise it wouldn't fire unless I pushed the magazine up. I then went and took it inside and saw that it was not flush with the stock. I discovered this was because there is supposed to be a forward sling attachment spot as well as one for the bi-pod to attach to and the bi-pod piece screwed into the upper assembly. after tightening all the screws down well enough I have had no problems with mis-feeding. now onto my impressions on the gun. The magazines are most definitely not built to the same quality as the rest of the gun as they require you to push them all the way up and occasionally slide the latch to get it to stay.

Hope this helps, saw it before and just saw it again from asf.

Recently received this as a Christmas present. first impression was that it was very heavy and the stock was very solid. after putting it together I went to shoot it and to my surprise it wouldn't fire unless I pushed the magazine up. I then went and took it inside and saw that it was not flush with the stock. I discovered this was because there is supposed to be a forward sling attachment spot as well as one for the bi-pod to attach to and the bi-pod piece screwed into the upper assembly. after tightening all the screws down well enough I have had no problems with mis-feeding. now onto my impressions on the gun. The magazines are most definitely not built to the same quality as the rest of the gun as they require you to push them all the way up and occasionally slide the latch to get it to stay.

Ah!! I'm groovin with ya now, your talking about the mounts up from. Yes, it is very important to have the front sling/bi-pod bolt in, as it help to sinch the barrel at the front of the stock.

Archived