ECHO1 M28 Sniper's Rifle

DRAGON64

So it takes Type96 cylinders/pistons ( type96 cylinder is longer by 13mm) and uses VSR style hop-up system ? am i correct?

The cylinder group is longer, but for the most part it is VSR-10 spec. Yes, the hop-up is very similar to VSR-10, yet the diameter of the hop-up is smaller than Tokyo Marui, WELL, TSD, JG etc etc so that their chamber groups will not fit the M28 outer barrel.

On another note, a Mr. Holt from ECHO1 USA has replied to my enquirey regarding the metal magazines, and he states that our favorite vendors should have them in stock, and ECHO1 will have them in the parts store soon.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dragon, that is great news about the mag. I was having the dreaded mag feed problem and was issued an rma from echo1. I recieved my m28 back yesterday and the best I can tell, they machined or dremmeled the magwell notch that the magazine lip locks into. It looks as though they made the line slanted upward to seat the mag. Although it does work, it ended up breaking the fragile plastic lip on my mag. I am not too happy about that, but I swear they did something to dramatically improve the accuracy. I do not have any tailing to the right on my bb's anymore.

Hey Dragon, that is great news about the mag. I was having the dreaded mag feed problem and was issued an rma from echo1. I recieved my m28 back yesterday and the best I can tell, they machined or dremmeled the magwell notch that the magazine lip locks into. It looks as though they made the line slanted upward to seat the mag. Although it does work, it ended up breaking the fragile plastic lip on my mag. I am not too happy about that, but I swear they did something to dramatically improve the accuracy. I do not have any tailing to the right on my bb's anymore.

Can you post a pic of the modified area(s)?

Check that, it is not dremeled, rather it is a rough machine job. Bryan from echo1 said that he replaced the magwell aswsembly with a new one and as best I can tell there is less of a gap in the magwell. This allows the mag to properly seat. I am going to just purchase the metal mag when it is available because this problem will always eventually happen with the plastic mag. I am for one very unhappy that echo1 doesn't at least offer these new mags at a great discount to the people who have already purchase the m28's with the shoddy mags.

thanks dragon64 , so basically to fix the matching problem with VSR's , you need to replace the outer barrel( to house the aftermarket hop-up unit) and install a type96 cylinder set (piston,cylinder,cylinder head etc..) ? since i don't have any spare parts to measure by myself ,could someone measure the cylinder differences compared to a type96 cylinder and piston? i don't have a milling machine at hand to make the cylinder head extension myself, so going to look for compatibility with type96 spare parts. thanks in advance ;)

Would a metal magazine even fix feeding issues?

Seems this gun is riddled with issues.

My rifle has had its share of issues, as chronicled. But I do not believe that is easy to classify the whole line to be issued plagued as my rifle has been. There are probably a lot of people that own the platform that will never report their experiences with it. I watch youtube, and there are plenty of videos of satisfied players, so I hope is that I just received a lemon. A fixable lemon to, as I do not need another Chinese made hanger queen.

$36 is steep for a springy magazine, especially when similar platforms sell similar class magazines 2 for $11 usd. I'll be waiting for a retailer to start stocking the magazines.

36usd for one metal magazine and 24usd for the plastic type....

Talk about price gouging!

The plasic ones, when any of the stores had them in stock, were $10 or less. So can we hope for $15 metal ones??

Is one of the problems with the plastic ones premature wear on the parts of the mag that holds it in the magwell, so that it starts to sit lower in the magwell than it did when it was new? If so, hopefully the metal ones will be less prone to this kind of wear.

My rifle is a snow-wolf M24 but, it is allmost the same rifle as the Echo1... only cheaper:( if the E1 was in stock i would have bougt that instead!!!!

there was only one magazine with mine, and i have fired way over 1000bbs with it, without a single missfead..

and the spring in the magazine is still pushing bbs hard like it was when it was new, so cant see a issue there!!

I still belive there is a alignment problem between the magwell/magazine/hop-cahmber on the Echo1's

you can buy 1000new mags, even get them made of titanium or gold and they still want work if that is the problem!!

i only need more mags to get more bbs with me without that noisy speedloader;)

Ohh, acording to Echo1 WGCshop will be the first store to get the new parts!!

I have sent Mr. Brian Holt of ECHO1 USA another message, asking him if he will lend me one of the new metal magazines to review for this thread. I think it would be great for everyone following this thread, and for ECHO1, if I can report back on the consistancy and durability of these new magazines. I will let you know if we come to some sort of agreement.

Quick question for you gents.

Having read the thread over the past few hours it seems that the M28 starts out being a great rifle for it's pricetag, but that it will undoubtedly become a money pit after the initial break in period. I will say that it's definitely an excellent review and follow up info so far DRAGON. :) Your review/information is definitely the most helpful I've found on the M28 through all my searching.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone happen to know a rough guesstimate as to how much they've invested into their M28 to get it up and shooting straight? It seems like the Hop assembly needs to be completely replaced, and most of the cylinder internals need to be replaced as well. I was just wondering if the replacement parts are going to surpass the price tag of the initial rifle..Haha.

I haven't put as many bbs through mine, and I haven't opened it up. In fact, the only thing I've done is thoroughly clean the barrel. With the hop-up about 40% on, it's shooting extremely straight and true. The question is, then, rather, how long will this continue. Lifting and lowering the bolt, particularly lowering, seems to be getting stiffer and stiffer. I don't know what that's about. I sense some serious work is in the future; I hope Echo 1 comes out with their M28 upgrade kit by then. BTW, my three plastic mags are still feeding fine, too; it's hard to get one of them to latch securely into the magwell, though.

I have an m28 that i bought back in January of this year. for about 100 rounds everything has worked fine. A week after I had it it started to slam fire and has been down since. I have replaced the sears and the piston, but it is still doing it. Not sure what to do next. do i purchase the Airsoft GI Upgraded Trigger Box for Echo 1 M28 and go from there? or cut my losses and find a different sniper rifle

Thanks

I have an m28 that i bought back in January of this year. for about 100 rounds everything has worked fine. A week after I had it it started to slam fire and has been down since. I have replaced the sears and the piston, but it is still doing it. Not sure what to do next. do i purchase the Airsoft GI Upgraded Trigger Box for Echo 1 M28 and go from there? or cut my losses and find a different sniper rifle

Thanks

if you go for the last, i am willing to buy your M28;)

Quick update:

I received the metal ECHO1 M28 magazine, and plan to do some testing this week. First initial impressions are that I like it, it seems pretty durable. Here are some photos:

As packaged...

IMG_3348.jpg

Side view...pretty standard

IMG_3350.jpg

Top view...these components remain relatively unchanged from the stock plastic parts...

IMG_3351.jpg

Videos to follow...

Quick update:

I received the metal ECHO1 M28 magazine, and plan to do some testing this week. First initial impressions are that I like it, it seems pretty durable. Here are some photos:

As packaged...

Side view...pretty standard

Top view...these components remain relatively unchanged from the stock plastic parts...

Videos to follow...

So the upper "box" is still plastic and pretty much identical to the original magazines, and the lower "box", that the upper gets pressed down into, is metal, along with the catch that holds the mag in the well? Is that right?

So the upper "box" is still plastic and pretty much identical to the original magazines, and the lower "box", that the upper gets pressed down into, is metal, along with the catch that holds the mag in the well? Is that right?

So it would seem, I'll know more as I begin to evaluate the new product.

Well, I have put in a new sear and new piston in to the rifle and have had no luck with it. I guess I a lemon of a gun. Have on order a new trigger assembly and cylinder assembly from Echo 1 parts coming. But still have my doubts about it fixing the gun. After i get the parts I will let you know if it works, the parts i have replaced dropped the FPS to 470 and it was hitting at 518FPS.

Thanks everyone

Oh and Climber Im still thinking on your Offer

So what's the verdict on the metal magazines? From the looks of it, they can't be much better than the plastic ones since pretty much all of the important parts are still the same crappy plastic. Maybe there is a redesign hidden inside though (one can hope..). I noticed something with one of my magazines that might be accounting for some of the problems people are having. After experience that chilling sound that comes with a misfire, I removed the magazine and to my surprise, the BBs where not being pushed up against the top lip in the magazine. Basically, there were sitting about a centimeter below the tip of the magazine feeding channel as if there was no spring pushing them up. I whacked them on the table and it quickly remedied the problem, but I wonder how many misfeeds are caused by this binding of the feeding spring in the internal channels... Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Archived