Kel-Tec KSG

renegadecow

shmook, i was going to do that, bur the case with RC is that he doesnt have one on hand, but he has a multi shot springer on hand.

the entire thing would be pretty easy to just build around the receiver, using fiberglass molded parts and a crane stock as a base.

now i'm thinking i may just finish a rock river arms type build. cutting it down to 9.5 inches. but i may end up doing this anyway as long as the pictures i draw end up looking cool.

i think i could make a really cool magazine system based off of a P90 mag. just slide the thing into the front and make it look like the magazine tubes.

he doesnt have one on hand

Oh I have an M500 here too, just not mine though and the arms are busted. I've already drafted a probable system derived from the rotary loader on the Marushin that might work for me, but it does look like I'll be going with the TM afterall.

under 900 bucks.

Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in. Now I'm sure I'll never be able to afford one :( . At $900, that would end up roughly $4000 here. For example, an FN 5-7 which retails about the same price in the US sells here for 220,000PhP (exactly $5000) all in the name of taxes! Not that they're limiting our ability to purchase firearms because I could get a full-auto Norinco M4 or AK47 clone at a mere $1,500, which is imported too btw so I don't really get how that importation tax works anymore. Maybe wait for Norinco to clone the KSG too.

• 2 weeks later...

im still on the fence about fallowing through with the project myself. i haven't started putting anything down on paper either. i need money, so im trying to sell my M500. if it doesn't sell, i may do the project, if it does, im not doing the project.

Correct me If i am wrong (I often am :P), I was under the impression that the reason for having two shell tubes on the RS gun is so that one tube can be loaded with a different ammo to the other, IE one with buckshot the other with slug.

This would make for an interesting airsoft gun if you could incorporate a 3 or 5 shot "buck" setting as well as a single BB with VSR hop for the "slug" setting.

Unfortunately due to the way airsoft guns work it would require two gun mechs rather than two magazine supplies. Shame really.

i wouldnt say you'd be wrong, but that sounds like a GREAT use for the system rather than it just being a high cap shotgun.

but with a springer mech or a marushin(clone) mech im not sure if its possable, but im thinking of a way to do it nonetheless.

however, i did just buy one of those semi auto SG9000 (or whatever) shotguns with the 1 and 3 shot select fire modes. if i can, ill use that as the base rather than my M500 that i'd rather take in other directions. im going to see if i can pair it up with the trigger mech in the M500 so it would remain a pump action gun, but loading would remain the same, being automatic. i am going to see also if i can expand the shots to 5 instead of 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

meh, dont be like that. i still havnt figured out how im going to use the SG9000 internals in this. the loading mech is similar to the M500, but it slides left and right instead of rotating to load BBs (which is why the mag is next to the chamber). so, i may not be able to change the load size or make it configurable on the fly. but again, im still figuring stuff out.

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like I have to ditch this project for now guys. The guy I got my M3 from came back to airsofting and wanted it back. So now I'm without a base gun. I do however also have an M500 on my lap, but I had other plans for it to which I am now having more interest in pursuing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived