How much have you spent on airsoft...?

MikeLondon

RPK was 600, AK74 was 550, Shotgun was 120, VSR-10 was 160, Taurus 24/7 was 110, Hi-Capa was 300, Ruger was 140. So about $2000 before I even look at my gear. Between BBs and Gas another $100. $60 in batteries, $140 in chest rigs and webbing gear, $90 in optics, $450 in uniforms, $30 in spray paint, $100 in goggles, $70 in face protection, $100 dollars in odds and ends that have slipped my mind :P I also have a $100 down payment on a MP40, I am almost out of BBs and gas, and I need to switch over to Lipo batteries soon. So I have sent $3250 already, plus field fees and gas money.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airsoft has been my hobby since 1989.

For the first 15 of those 22 years I have spent almost all my disposable income on airsoft, in the last 7 I have had a mortgage and a couple of nice cars. I have had a year off spending so much while I dumped 3.5K into a radio controlled car but even then I imagine there have been at least 10 years of that when I have spent 500 pounds a month on AS stuff.

That puts me at 60,000GBP.

Seems high but I am including non-airsoft stuff that I only bought for airsoft purposes, my lathe for example.

I have done 600 mile round trips to skirmish.

I have been seriously upgrading guns since the early 90s when I was using BV guns, marui man style.

I bought the classic army metal bodies when they were hundreds of pounds, RS components from America and mags.

Hundreds and hundreds of mags.

At one point I had 650 pounds worth of mags, just for the TMP.

Just over $8K in 11 years, nearest I can count. This doesn't include field fees or consumables, so closer to $10K USD. Throw in road trips (Lion Claws is not a cheap trip when you live in Alaska)and it's near $12k really.

Counting all of the trades, I've owned almost 100 AEGs/GBB pistols. Really pretty staggering to think about how much I'd have spent if I'd paid retail for all that.

Archived