How much have you spent on a single AEG?

AG1212

Tac has just finished building my PTW which I have to pay £1700 for!

*fruitcage*! and did you also have to wait 4 months, like 2 of my mates?

I've bought my ptw's secondhand and did some mods myself, haven't regret it until now :)

Good luck with the gun!

I'd really recommend de varanas inner magazines btw.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably most expensive AEG I have is my A&K MK43, spent around 500 on it. Biggest waste of time and money so far, has been a huge disappointment as it has never fired as well as I would like it to. Now I am to the point where I am not so concerned with the performance as long as it is reliable.

Of course if talking other projects I have maxed out both a Marui VSR10 and a Maruzen L96, both of those I had $700+ into easily. Too much money for a toy gun, but I still keep coming back and doing it over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...
Infinity' timestamp='1310903115' post='2473254']

*fruitcage*! and did you also have to wait 4 months, like 2 of my mates?

I've bought my ptw's secondhand and did some mods myself, haven't regret it until now :)

Good luck with the gun!

I'd really recommend de varanas inner magazines btw.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, mine was all built in a couple of weeks with all of the mods done etc.

Rifle itself wasn't all of the cost:

M4A1 MAX (all mods done) £1295

Basic Li-Poly Conversion £60

Madbull Noveske 10" Closed Rail £75

G&P Low Profile Gas Block £15

2x Firefox 11.1v 1200mah 20C Li-Poly Batteries £40

Box of 6 Systema HW M16 Mags £240

Total £1725

• 1 month later...

i haven't actually bought one yet but im finding that there a lot of money, i heard my mate bought one back a few years ago and it was half the prices than today what is going on?

I bought my original JG G36C as soon as they hit the market. It cost me £80 to get it to my door from GunnerAirsoft.

My latest gun is also my most expensive, but it is also the nicest.

Started life as a G and P XM177e2 and still is. Internals are an Ultimate/ Lonex high speed gear box re built by me. Ditching some of the heavier parts in the moving mass. I did have a Stealth fet but it failed so now has a V2 ASCU and an Ultimate/ Teinly ultra torque motor. At the minute it has a Madbull Ultimate hop up and a Deep Fire Stainless barrel.

But I did spend several hours the other night putting together an R hop (not tested yet) with an Ultimate hop up and an Ultimate/ Lonex steel barrel.

So when perfected I will be out gunning PTW's at half the cost. When Aiirsoft Systems release their hop to cut the power when the mag is empty it will be finished.

My aim is to be custom building these guns to out perform PTW's while saving their owners loads of cash. The other benefit is choice of doner gun, you will not just be limited to a couple of models.

To date if you were to buy this from a retailer it would cost somewhere in the region of £800 maybe a little more with the work carried out.

Archived