How much have you spent on a single AEG?

AG1212

I'm in the process of making an order of many different parts for an old, long-time out-of-use AEG, and when I saw the total price I had that sobering moment of realisation in which you realise just how ludicrously expensive this 'hobby' is (more like obsession/addiction)

Anyway, I just started this thread to make myself feel better about it tongue.gif

So how much have you spent on a single project? (not just in one go obviously, I mean how much have you poured into that black hole of an airsoft gun?)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the most expensive I've done is 900£ for TM/STAR SL9 with alot of system stuff in it, not sure exactly what though.

Very nice rifle, only used it once at Berget 3 or some such and only fired about 10 shots and now trying to sell it which is proving hard...but such is the way of things.

Well my three pistols that i have at the moment cost me around £525 then about £25 for the webbing and a bit for gas and ammo, plus the other 45 pistols that have been and gone (sold) and the cost to attend games.

I think overall it is at least around the £2000-2500 so far.

And that was on low to no income, think what it will be when i get a proper job.

'FireKnife'

Over $3,000 over 7 years on a PSG-1.

lol

didn't you use your psg1 as an example that a lightly modified aeg can be as good as a sniper as a vsr1 ?

my worst gun has cost me about 1200$ maybe more if i count al the aditional cost (shipping, import ofthen al those extra cost ad up to more than the actual value of the parts)

and the worst part i installed al the parts i ever wanted to instal and i still don't like the look

I didn't say the PSG was practical lol, just happens to be great at what it does when you actually spend the money to do it.

And by no means did I imply lightly modified. An AEG has to be heavily upgraded to match a bolt. It's just possible.

I think about £1200 is the most, but that was just building something over the course of 2 months and then moving on, I don't really have anything I've worked on long term. Then again, it'd be pretty easy to drop £1k+ on an ELCAN Spectre of some sort and almost double that amount, but when I consider how many guns I could buy for a grand that thought vanishes fairly quickly.

Most I've spent on a gun is my tanaka m40a1, still I got everything at cheap prices due to good exchange rates at the time; but still cost me over £700 for everything (mags, quality scope, co2 rig, vsr conversion kit, PDI barrel, 9ball hop, G&G parts and powerpack).

I bet it would cost alot more now to build the same rifle.

Yet, I've also had some real bargains.... fully laylaxed VSR10 for £250, for example. In fact I have had some amazing bargains over the years (mainly off these forums)... but that's another thread. The funny thing is, much of the second hand stuff you buy is almost new or unused (like the SL9 mentioned above).

Good Hunting :)

While I didn't really spend much to build my SKS, it sure ate a lot of my time and effort to get there. Each and every part had to be designed and fabricated from scratch apart from the internal workings. Many others will work hard to dig deep into their pockets; I chose to claw my way through six months of wood, plastic and metal.

ICS L86a2: £350

Replacement trigger unit: £60

SUSAT: £60

TB barrel: £60

Custom battery: £15

Piston head: £10

So far that's a nice £555 but also on the list is:

Bore up cylinder kit: ~£40

new hop rubber: ~£10

A second battery: £15

rewiring and mosfet*: ???

e-mags: £60

*I want to have a mosfet that stops the gun shooting after 30 rounds, then you pull the bolt back to reset.

ICS L86a2: £350

Replacement trigger unit: £60

SUSAT: £60

TB barrel: £60

Custom battery: £15

Piston head: £10

So far that's a nice £555 but also on the list is:

Bore up cylinder kit: ~£40

new hop rubber: ~£10

A second battery: £15

rewiring and mosfet*: ???

e-mags: £60

*I want to have a mosfet that stops the gun shooting after 30 rounds, then you pull the bolt back to reset.

Have you checked out the AWS mosfets? sounds like exactly what you want.

I've being building my M4 for 2 years. Keep swapping and changing items.

I just done a tot of all that I have spent over the last 2 years with two HK retailers (This doesn't include UK, or other HK retailers used) on this M4, which ends up at $2508.91. Within the last two years, I only got to fire 1 and a half mags with this M4, before the piston ate itself and had to be loaned an AK :D

I swear I'm addicted to just the whole joy of buying/importing of parts... July/August is the planned finish date, finally.

My M4 has been a "beg, steal and borrow" project, put together mostly from parts people didn't want, so consequently has been dirt cheap.

It will have some Magpul thrown at it soon though.

My VSR on the other hand, I dread to think how much that has cost me so far.

It has a zero trigger kit, new rubber, suppressor and adaptor, cylinder head, spring guide, bipod, custom made camo sock, cheek pad/stock pouch, leather sling, weighted and filled stock cavities, floss and silicone sealant, and lots of hours of tinkering and adjusting to get it to work as well as it does.

Since the thread says AEG, I've paid €1100 on my SG Barrett that came with broken tappet plate but the single most expensive purchase is the Asahi WA2000 DX with $2500. Also the WA sprinfield V12 brass that I have has reached the $2000 mark!!

Wolf

Wow, almost all of you have out done me and that's saying something blink.gif

Worst thing with this project is that I bought it from a dodgy retailer and it turned out to be a lemon, so like the newb I was I though replacing the barrel and hop would change the *suitcase* compression and eventually the gearbox ate itself :( Then I took it again to said retailer to repair it, among other AEGs and two months later (or even more, bastards) I had a barely fixed SR-25 that proceeded to eat itself again.

Now I absolutely hate waste, so I'm on a mission to upgrade and enhance the *suitcase* out of every POS AEG I own, starting with this.

So, so far its been 200e for the AEG, 100e on upgrades that did *fruitcage* all, and various parts that I ended up hating the look of. My current list of parts and upgrades will total at least, if I'm lucky, 250e...

470e down the line that is flamed.gif

Archived