**GUNS STOLEN**

Docv400

I don't know how it is over there, but I kept an eye on pawn shops in the area for a while. Nothing of mine that was stolen ever turned up, but it's still a good idea.

A better idea is to visit the local pawnshop with a printed description of the stolen items (photographs help!) and distribute it to each of the pawnshops to see if anyone attempts to sell them there.

Hey Doc,

It is regrettable that your workshop was broken into. As mush as we cherish our little toys and feel the loss when stolen, I am however, glad that no one (you) was hurt/injured in this robbery.

Knowing that you've helped so many people here with technical and other problems I am certain that the whole of Arnies community wish that all your stolen property are found and returned.

would it be right to assume that the stolen times would have been modified to your level of technical abilities, thereby making them 'internally' very unique. If so can you give more details, in case anything similar finds it way into some forum.

J.

I was about to mention that.

They're all easily identifiable by the various mods and work I've done on them, both internally and externally.

I'm pretty sure, as are all the Police that have been involved, that this has been a simple opportunist theft, with no prior knowledge of what I have, and where.

And as of this afternoon's meeting with a CID officer, I'm quietly confident that my stuff will be returned fairly soon.

Don't want to give any more details at the moment, but let's just say that it never ceases to amaze me just how dumb a combination a thieving git and his smartphone (camera) can be :rolleyes:

I will certainly be adding more (home-made) security features now, particularly extra lighting, and a metal cage or cabinet of some description.

Don't want to give any more details at the moment, but let's just say that it never ceases to amaze me just how dumb a combination a thieving git and his smartphone (camera) can be :rolleyes:

I don't know about that, when my gran got burgled the dumb *suitcase* left his epileptic medication at the scene with his name and address on the bottle. Police actually got back to his home before he did.

Good news though mate hope you get em back, looking forward to chuckling at his stupidity :P

Come on, spill it, I'm sure it'll be a hilariously newsworthy story.

I was about to mention that.

They're all easily identifiable by the various mods and work I've done on them, both internally and externally.

I'm pretty sure, as are all the Police that have been involved, that this has been a simple opportunist theft, with no prior knowledge of what I have, and where.

And as of this afternoon's meeting with a CID officer, I'm quietly confident that my stuff will be returned fairly soon.

I will certainly be adding more (home-made) security features now, particularly extra lighting, and a metal cage or cabinet of some description.

+1 to the metal cage idea. My local techie keeps all his stuff in a shed, and I can see why as he has a pretty epic collection, but its not that secure.

I appreciate that sheds are an ideal way to keep 'er indoors happy, and also that gun safes are very expensive and possibly over the top, but they in general need to me secure. Personaly I have a small collection so its under a bed and in wardrobes etc. I wouldnt risk leaving it in the garage.

I'll definitely be making a blank-firing trip-mine of some description, along with a metal cone attachment to amplify the sound considerably. ^_^

A good idea that was floating around the Biking community many years ago was to have a Baby Monitor in your Garage/Workshop, with the receiver in the house (downstairs during the day, in your bedroom at night), preferably one of the mains-powered plug-in types, along with a basic motion activated alarm.

Anyway, the little t##t has been arrested, and a couple of properties searched, but no sign of my stuff yet.

Apparently, investigating the case has thrown up a lot of other useful info and evidence for them, just hope they eventually find all my bits.

Turns out the POSP scope they left behind wasn't mine, but belongs to a friend of mine's Dragunov that I'm doing a wood conversion on.

Didn't realise until last night while going through it all in my head for the umpteenth time :wacko: .

Went out to check today, first time I've had a chance to since last Monday.

Luckily it was all in bits in a gun bag, which is why I didn't realise originally, and why it wasn't taken I'm sure.

I also realised on Thursday that I'm missing a pistol as well.

It's a really tatty WE Hi-Capa that I got as a trade for some work I did, primarily for parts.

I also realised on Thursday that I'm missing a pistol as well.

It's a really tatty WE Hi-Capa that I got as a trade for some work I did, primarily for parts.

Ha! Told you!

As far as s##ts like those go, they were looking for something intimidating. Hence I suspected that apart from rifles, they most probably grabbed some pistols - easy to conceal and the British general public is terrorized enough by the media to be afraid of anything that looks like a gun, be it a gun, a RIF, a table leg or a burnt veal shank.

Mmmmmm. Veal shank :P

Thing is, they left a Blank-firing Revolver, an M9 NBB, and my 8" Luger, all of which are in much better condition than the Hi-capa.

Got a call from the Officer in charge of the case today, asking if I'm missing a Pump-Action Shotgun.

I'm not, but it looks like they've found a few other things when they've searched the guy's house and the other properties.

Maybe someone else will get some stuff back as a result of this...

Thing is, they left a Blank-firing Revolver, an M9 NBB, and my 8" Luger, all of which are in much better condition than the Hi-capa.

...now this is very interesting. They jacked three MP40s and left a blank firer? Who were they working for, ZE GAYERMANS?!

Archived