Costa x Madbull

Noveske

I know I cringe.... but apparently Costa is teaming up with Madbull. First thing they're doing is distributing Costa Ludos T-shirts via Madbull, but who knows what this means down the road.... Costa Ludos Rifles & accessories by Madbull?

http://madbull.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=461

I really wish someone cool would team up with VFC.

Can't forget the Haley + Tokyo Marui combo, too bad that was just to show how airsoft EBB rifles can match real ones in terms of doing drills and stances without the risk of a real round in the chamber :P

Now if the TM M&P came out with the tan frame and extras that Costa's did or even the threaded barrel as the one Haley used in Dynamic Handguns i would be a very happy person :D

'FireKnife'

I believe this "teaming up with" means no more than a clever marketing ;).

Costa Ludus t-shirts ? Please, give me a break...

(to clarify - I have nothing against Chris Costa himself - I simply don't care ;) )

Great, another excuse for madbull to increase their already overpriced stuff price

100$ for rail, 99$ for complete receiver set, $58 for steel outer barrel, etc ? - all with license.

I don't think it's that much, specially when we consider RS stuff prices.

Cheaper stuff means... we play cards ;).

Considering G&P stuff is equally high quality and madbull rails are out spec... well, yes, it is still too expensive. Only "advantage" madbull has is that they have licensed (monopolized) a lot of stuff, if they didnt, well, they wouldnt sell half of their accesories, *suitcase, even some element items feel as good as madbulls

i wont speak about Dytac which seems equally high quality and some of their stuff is still cheaper than madbull. are those cheaper than madbull? definetly? but I haven read a single thread about G&P or DYTAC being out of spec or being a lotery like ACM brands

I have installed an ACM troy xtreme rail (rail pieces included) which costed me half of the price of a madbull (I like playing cards), sturdy, light, with trades, anything an airsoft player could wish.

I like their 6.03 barrels BTW, cheap, nice, light... good purchase

EDIT: We all like playing cards, even out of spec madbull rail users, it all depends on how much money we bet on the bluff or a sure hand

i wont speak about Dytac which seems equally high quality and some of their stuff is still cheaper than madbull. are those cheaper than madbull? definetly? but I haven read a single thread about G&P or DYTAC being out of spec or being a lotery like ACM brands

Dytac stuff is good quality?!! You have got to be having a laugh there! From personal experience:

Dytac KAC T1 mount - complete ######

Dytac ADM style T1 one - OK, at best.

Dytac PTW outer barrel - ######

Dytac TM type M4 outer barrel - ######

Dytac TRX - Not great, but better than the Madbull one. I've had better ACM ones.

I have installed an ACM troy xtreme rail (rail pieces included) which costed me half of the price of a madbull (I like playing cards), sturdy, light, with trades, anything an airsoft player could wish.

I have had several of the Madbull TRX rails. The inability to fit a gas tube is bloody annoying to say the least. The ACM ones I had - MUCH better, for a lot less cash, so i'm fully in agreement with you there.

Because we all need those :P

However why is it that the worst companies get the real gun stuff, if the Timberwolf / PMR-30 was a TM then i would buy it but alas it is a SG so no.

'FireKnife'

The Timberwolf is based off TM design...I suspected it came from the same factory as the HK3P and WE so it's not too bad; meaning that I believe out of the box they ARE functional :P Furthermore, being a TM clone if you wanted the Timberwolf really badly there's a plethora of upgrades :D

Madbull is trying to be another Umarex/Cybergun/ASG, except they focus on RS aftermarket stuff licenses. Normally I wouldn't mind but for the prices they charge and the quality you receive, it makes me puke :angry22:

Dytac stuff is good quality?!! You have got to be having a laugh there!

Yeah, gotta agree here....I've got the full set of ATACS stuff (SOPMOD Stock, TD Grip, TD Stubby Grip) and it's worst than some of the ACM stuff I've seen. :(

Where is all this Madbull hate coming from? Across twenty or so products from them, I have found them to be one of two companies with quality I can count on (the other being G&P). Short of the out of spec DD rails from a few batches (imperial to metric conversion fail) I have not seen any issues. I have one of those rails and its not even bad. Sure beats all the other rails and railed elements I have gotten that are under spec.

Im just curious what this 'low quality' stuff is about unless its just people bitter about the price tag.

ETA - Short of hop up buckings, Madbull seems [to me] to be the 'buy one, cry once' company of the airsoft industry similar to Noveske, LT, LWRC, etc of the real industry.

Isnt that part of their licensing agreement though? It prevents simple drop in use for real firearms - something any real steel manufacturer would be very up tight about. I would imagine such requirements would be the same for any airsoft manufacturer tryin to work under the good graces of a real one.

/devils advocate

Im a fan of high quality cheap stuff, too. Just saying, we cant realistically expect the best of everything.

Im a fan of high quality cheap stuff, too. Just saying, we cant realistically expect the best of everything.

Amen.

I think it's important to remember, that Madbull - like any other airsoft manufacturer - makes TOYS :). Nothing more. Some mistakes are unavoidable because QC will be never the same as in firearms industry. My personal experiences with Madbull's products are actually very good.

Of course some ACM products are also very well made, but I will risk the statement, that they are just a few and some of them are hard to come by, like old-style DD Lite Rails. But speaking of details... You will always find something, what's not right. ACM TRX rails are poorly anodized in some blue/violet black. ACM Omega rails have inaccurately reproduced mounting base which doesn't fit delta rings. ACM mk18 had really bad color and mounting screw heads different to the original, etc.

So I guess they are often claimed to be so great, only because of quality/really-low-price-tag relation ;).

... returning to the topic, as I stated before, Madbull/Costa "cooperation" seems to be meaningless marketing action ;) - at least on level of t-shirts ;).

The Timberwolf is based off TM design...I suspected it came from the same factory as the HK3P and WE so it's not too bad; meaning that I believe out of the box they ARE functional :P Furthermore, being a TM clone if you wanted the Timberwolf really badly there's a plethora of upgrades :D

But i would be spending £130 on the Timberwolf, £130 on the TM to get the parts from and i would be left with a TM body that has WE bits in it, in other words a waste of time :P

However as to Madbull they do seem to have this focus on 'yeah we have a name to our products you all know and love', great but who cares, i would rather my pistol and bits are endorsed by no-one by cost £20 less. ;)

'FireKnife'

Amen.

I think it's important to remember, that Madbull - like any other airsoft manufacturer - makes TOYS :). Nothing more. Some mistakes are unavoidable because QC will be never the same as in firearms industry.

Madbull vs VFC. Toy vs. Toy. I choose VFC anyday. I'm not trying to advocate VFC, but for the $ spent on Madbull, they could really do better. And having all the trademark rights for many reputable RS brands, I wish they would try harder.

I remember the time Madbull first started getting licensing from Noveske, G&P was making Noveske traded AEG receivers with much better finishes and trades vs the Madbull equivalent. That could be said with the Proud Noveske KX3s vs the Madbull ones as well as the PRO&T Noveske-SWS rails vs the Madbull ones. I even recall price-wise they were very similar to the Madbull counterpart. What am I missing here?

My G&P WOC has a G&P made replica of a 9" URX on it. It's got full, accurate, laser engraved KAC trades, it fits flawlessly, the rail is all in spec and evenly machined, the finish is awesome, there's a huge attention to detail, it takes a gas tube and costs about $100.

I'm with Noveske on this one. If Madbull want to make an accurate, in spec rail, with none of the 'For airsoft only' stuff visible when installed, with the ability to fit a gas tube, then good on them. If they want to keep knocking out toy rail systems with horrible markings and buying up the licenses so noone else can do it properly, to hell with madbull.

The Noveske receiver is a perfect example; The G&P one was *fruitcage* gorgeous, and cost $90 or so when you could find one. Solely down to Madbull, those receivers, and many other products, are now unobtanium. And the madbull equivalents they've replaced them with are just nowhere near as nice.

Essentially, Madbull are like a hollywood studio that manages to sign up Katy Perry and Megan Fox on an exclusive contract in an awesome action film where they get on each other a lot, advertise said film all over the place and get everyone all excited, and then release a film about Madonna's arm-cables instead.

There is so much truth in Hwagan's and noveske's words this post should be closed and pinned for future references.

MRF: It may be possible that contracs are making madbull build subpar quality products, but from my marketing studies and experience, making low quality products not only hurts your image but the RS brand your represent as well, and up to my limited knowledge, no brand wants his image damaged in the least slightly, more even now in the internetz era when in a couple of minutes a single small error can send your reputacion down the Toilet without flushing after, leaving a nice smell which will follow them their whole life.

So, if this is true, it means madbull doesnt care about quality or customers, they just care to monopolize their licenses like humarex or cybergun do while making cheap products and price them like they were golden fairy dust. If they cared in the slightly about their reputation and customers, they would build their products like G&P or VFC

Archived