1911 slide lock problem

sharingan

Hi Guys,

i got a very strange problem and I can't solve it at my own. I hope someone got some hints for me.

Well I got one upgraded TM based MEU

Here are the configs:

A+ Plus Hopup

Laylax Innerbarrel

Laylax pistonhead

Airsoft Surgeon frame rail/slide stabilizer

Nova parts: Wilson Extended Style Slide Stop,thumb safety ,barrel bushings

shimed MEU magazine

Well in this gun my slidelock won't engage when i am firing with bbs and dry firing. In the past it was working well till I removed the slide.

If I pull the slide manually the slide lock engage perfectly -> very smooth and easy (you don't have to push the slide lock manually)

Magazine has fresh gas inside. If I install the Tm slidelock -> its working perfectly

I lubed the gun with silicon oil and tighten and untighten the blowback housing screw -> nothing helps

Piston/Loading nozzle slides perfectly inside the BBU. O-ring of Pistonhead is ok too.

Furthermore I installed the Nova slide lock into my second TM MEU which is completly stock and see it's working

Both guns are not used very often -> just fire some test rounds

Does someone know what is going on??

Best Regards

Sharingan

Airsoft Surgeon frame rail/slide stabilizer

Have you tried taking this part out / replacing it as that is the only thing I could see affecting it aside from the slide lock just being worn or not a good fit for the pistol.

'FireKnife'

That's what I was thinking, remove it and see what happens.

And check the slide lock for any sign of movement.. I had a similar problem with a WA and I discovered the hole for the slide lock on the frame (stock plastic frame) was worn and the slide lock moved just a bit so it couldn't be engaged on it's own!

Wolf

If you push the slide stop up forcefully when dry firing, does it engage then ?

Might be that the tolerance between the new slide lock and the slides rear travel is too tight and it doesn't have enough time to engage before the slide cycles forward again.

Is the gun shooting normal power? And is the slide traveling the normal distance? Do you have any BB feeding issue? If the gun is not short stroked, its possible that you may have a cracked cylinder/nozzle that is either somehow impeding the slide travel and cause it to return prematurely, or losing gas seal so the slide is not being blown back at full pressure. If you are using stock one still and shoots propane/green gas it may well have cracked. Its the weak point of the TM 1911/HiCapa platform running higher pressure gas.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the many inputs:

I tried followings:

-)Put complete slide into second stock frame + nova slide lock + screwed the TM rail into slide = still not locking

-)Magazin follower looking fine

-)insert nova slide lock into the frame without slide = slidelock moves smoothly/perfectly

-)frame looks ok,no slidelock wooble

-)changed to stock pistonhead = still not locking

-)installed the second complete stock BBU into the slide = still not locking

-)During firing I press the slidelock against the slide it will lock

-)if I pull the slide manually it will also lock

-)fps is around 310-330fps = normal

-)installed complete barrel assembly+tm barrel bushing into slide = still not locking

I think the slidelock don't have enough time to lock???

i am very clue less

If you pull the slide all the way to the rear, how much play is there between the slide lock being able to engage and not? And compare that to the stock parts, differense ? If so then it is a timing issue most likely.

renegadecow: See his post above, he tried it and it does.

Sometimes the feed spring doesn't put enough pressure on when cycling . Stretch the feed spring a little an see if it works. You can also snip a coil off the slide lock pin so it flicks up easier. Also where the stop faces up to the pin can be re shaped so theres less resistance.

If you pull the slide all the way to the rear, how much play is there between the slide lock being able to engage and not? And compare that to the stock parts, differense ? If so then it is a timing issue most likely.

hmm I don't know what you mean...can you explain it?

I tried to put 3 bbs behind the magazine spring = still not lock

I put the nova slide lock into the 2nd stock TM meu again and it's working perfectly (used the same magazine)

:(

If so then it is a timing issue most likely.

Ah, missed that one thanks.

I've had this problem before on my stock Detonics and found the slide was moving too fast for the catch to engage. But this is with propane and summer months so I don't see how that can be the same problem where the OP is. All the same, mine was sorted out by putting a stiffer recoil spring in which slowed the rearward movement a bit however I found it to slam the slide shut too vigorously so I decreased gas output instead by filing down the valve knocker. Maybe try a slightly stiffer recoil spring at first, you could stretch out your stock spring a bit if you don't have one just to see if it has any effect.

edit:

I think NonEx means how much farther back does the slide go after the lock has gone up into the notch.

Ok i tried followings:

-)installed action 150% recoil spring into the gun = slide wont lock, if I push the slide lock against the slide it locks

-)installed slidelock into my RWL Nighthawk Talon 2 + 150% recoil spring = slide locks

-)If I pull the slide manually the slide lock engange immediately

I made a video (this is the gun where i have problem with -> components list see first post)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hF1_uR8mbo

As I see it, it can only be one of three things.

1. When powered by the gas blowback (rather than being pulled back manually), the slide is not going back far enough for the lock to engage.

2. The slide goes back far enough, but starts to move forward again so fast that the lock doesn't have time to engage.

3. The tolerances are very tight, and the gap/groove in the slide lock where the thinner part of the bottom of the slide engages, is not quite wide enough. The angle of the slide varies very slightly according to whether you pull it back manually, or it's under gas blowback power, causing the lock to match up with the slide under one circumstance but not the other. I would get a very small, thin file (size and shape of a nailfile) and do a few passes on the "wall" of each side of the aforementioned gap/groove. This can't hurt and might solve it.

well this is getting really FUBAR,

As Renegadecow mentioned: I shimmed the recoil spring guide so I have a perfect matching -> it wont lock but manually it's working flawless -> only in low pressure it will lock

I tried to dismount the 2 pins and spring that push against the safety and slide lock -> every shot is locking

So I think the slide lock is not fast enough to lock due to high weight but I don't unterstand why it's working on second MEU, and if I swap all parts it won't work.

ok the gun keeps trolling...I gave up....

non of my slide locks works now -> TM,Guarder, Nova

1)shimed the recoil spring guide

2)add 3 bbs behind the magazine spring to add more force

3)cut the pin spring that pushes againgst the slide lock

Seriously what the *fruitcage* is up with these forums. I posted a reply here before and it showed as it had "stuck", and now it's not here. Is someone censoring me or what the *fruitcage* ?!

ANywhows.

What I said was this;

Are you sure your fingers arent interfering with the slide catch in any way?

Do you have any spare recoil springs? If so try to cut a few coils off and see if that helps.

It feels like either the gun is not going all the way back properly, or the slide goes forward too quickly for the catch to engage.

Also, in your shooting video, I perceived the action as alittle sluggish, try this out:

OK i think i will never know what the problem was..I transfered all my parts into my new hurricane entry 2 kit and there my nova slidelock works perfect. Maybe the gun wanted to troll me to get him a new body ^^"

Thanks anyway of your all kind support/reply

• 2 weeks later...

Try lubing the rubber seal on the piston head to allow it to regain its elasticity.

I believe it has deteriorated due to the use of high power gas ,causing leaks out of the back of the BBU.This in turn,will not allow the slide to travel fully back.

My 2 cents.

Archived