Moh: warfighter

-wigs-

Well so far it's amazing, the selection of weapons would make any airsofter sing with joy.

And if course there is a mk18 mod1 which I now have setup exactly like my lm4.

Paint job options are awesome as well.

Only played as spec ifs and assult er so far but there's a 416, both the 5.56 and 7.62 larue obr, glock 40s, and a tone more.

Just had tO make a topic cause I'm stoked to finally have a mod1 in a game

What bothers me is that most of these places giving it low reviews claim that it is the same old thing or that it doesnt do anything innovative, but yet these same places gave modern warfare 2 and 3 really high reviews like 8/10 or 9/10 which truly felt like the same game over and over.

Warfighter does have its glitches, the campaign is short and it really doesnt do anything spectacular in terms of innovation, but i am enjoying much more than i have any of the recent call oF duties. Plus the guns customization and the cool gear gives it one up over battlefield 3 for an airsofter like me.

So far every class has a different soldier for whatever nation you choose

Ex: sfod, seals, Korean seals, spetz, aussies, sas, Swedish sas, and there's more.

And for each nation there is a sniper, assult man, demolitions, heavy gunner, point man, and spec ops. All of which get different looks for whichever nation you are. For instance the Canadian spec ops have a different kit that the us sfod spec ops, or Aussie sar spec opts etc.

Gun wise there are a load of paint jobs, every optic you could think of EX: micro t-1, micro t-1 with fts magnifier, eotech xps, ACOG, comp m2 red dots, pretty much anything you've seen used by military.

Guns, you can change your rail setup, muzzle, stock, and optics. For instance I currently have a mk18 mod 1 with sf scout light, moe stock, micro t-1 and painted in a dusted tan look.

So far I realy like online play. Yes it's another fps game but the deatail in your kit and character are amazing and who didn't want to be able to lean around stuff to shoot. I like it over bf3 which I only ever have fun playing the cqb maps.

Critics love to hop on the "nothing new here" bandwagon. I'll take great gameplay over innovation every day of the week--what I really want in a new shooter is a bunch of stuff that's all been done before, just more of it, better looking, and more fun.

My opinions:

Graphics are great

Sound is stunning (just like the first one)

Multiplayer is solid, nothing to write home about, just decent solid FPS action, with the added benefit of being able to play as your favourite nation (although I'm a bit dissapointed about the lack of actual SAS-used guns such as the L119, the SAS simply use Daniel Defence M4s and some sniper rifle I've never heard of before).

Singleplayer is... Well... Yeah, it's not good.

Remember the moronic AI from MoH 2010? Yeah, it's back, with a vengeance. It is clearly evident that Danger Close did not even attempt to revamp the AI for this game. AI is literally identical. Enemies will still run right up to you, friendlies will still run closer to the enemy to escape a grenade that's been thrown at them etc etc etc. Similarly the friendly AIs take ages to move on to the next objective, almost as if the game programming is just churning away until all of a sudden it goes "Oh yeah, got to give the player a new objective", after minutes of standing around doing *fruitcage* all. I really can't describe how much of a gamebreaker this is. The AI is utter ######. Why they didn't at least use BF3's AI is beyond me... It would at least have been an improvement over the farce they've delivered!

Cutscenes are buggy and laggy, I get a lot of screen tearing, weird audio bugs etc that only occur in the cutscenes and not during actual gameplay. Also, what the *fruitcage* is up with the female faces? Yikes, apparently members of US special forces teams marry trolls and produce lovely troll babies with them! The male faces in cutscenes are good, but the females are just scary!

The story doesn't feel like a story, it feels more like a series of random interconnected events pasted together by a two year old. You flash between various points in an order that makes very little sense, which absolutely ruins the pacing and plot. I'm about halfway through the campaign and have NO idea what is going on.

After being burned by COD, MOH, etc, buying them on release date and them being *suitcase* games, I am DONE buying any FPS from those developers.

That said I'm amongst an apparent minority that play little to no OLMP. When developers get back to making games where they actually care about the campaign (as opposed to the campaign being more of an afterthought) then I'll consider buying their titles again.

After being burned by COD, MOH, etc, buying them on release date and them being *suitcase* games, I am DONE buying any FPS from those developers.

That said I'm amongst an apparent minority that play little to no OLMP. When developers get back to making games where they actually care about the campaign (as opposed to the campaign being more of an afterthought) then I'll consider buying their titles again.

Might I recommend Sniper v2 in that case? It's not strictly FPS but is very visceral when it comes to the gameplay experience and from what I've seen of it, the campaign is quite enjoyable!

I did some more reading on Warfighter again today, I think I'll just hold out for BF4 - I'd rather grab some of the DLC for BF3 and bask in its huge maps, vehicular combat and large pop servers for a little longer than shell out £40.

Sniper V2 is an excellent novelty game. What are some other PC titles with a good single player experience?

I played the first few missions of Warfighter and got tired of it. The botched story doesn't concern me, but the gameplay was really poor. Enemies either run around behind cover occasionally shooting at you, or rush you like a mad bull. Friendlies go to a predetermined cover spot, wait for you to clear the baddies, then repeat.

The Crazy Taxi level was sort of fun.

I do wonder how things like this slip past them. They put so much cool stuff in the game then get really basic points like that wrong. Are back up iron sights really confusing to game developers or something? Black Ops did a similar thing.

Archived