New EXPS clone

MRF

Well, I tested my opmod one with a 3.6V batteries and it seemed slightly brighter than using 3V when aimed to direct ceiling light at maximum 19th brightness level. If lucky I will be able to test it in the field and see if it is really useful outdoors.

unfortunatly winter is here and the sun is not as bright as it is in summer for a proper test

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of curiousity, how much would you guys be willing to pay for a REAL HWS, not by EOtech, but a proper holographic sight, same technology, same reticle (or similar), same overall shape etc?

200 USD? 300 USD?

Real EOtech HWS retails for 650 USD+ for US customers, and cannot be legally exported FYI

I'm asking this as a serious question cause there are factories in China that can replicate high end holographics equipment like this.

I have found some retailers in ebay that sells eotech 517 for 400$, if I recall correctly these are open for export and are the "civilian version" and not compatible with NV, but If they can replicate an XPS3, perfectly visible in sunlight with no parallax or cheese screws, I would be glad to pay 250$

In fact I was seriously thinking about getting one of those this summer as this eotech clone is unusable in bright sun conditions :( so if one of these is released, I will be all over it

In fact I was seriously thinking about getting one of those this summer as this eotech clone is unusable in bright sun conditions :( so if one of these is released, I will be all over it

Unusable in bright sun conditions? I'll find out first hand when I get mine in a few days. I have a replica from Hurricane and it does well in sunny weather.

All the EOtech clones have this problem as they are just a reflex right with a different reticle and housing.  Even the reticle is larger than it's supposed to be.  And given the size and the distance of the refractors, it's hard to get the level of parallax correct and brightness that you really need.

I'm not 100% what EOtech's patent covers but I know the basic tech is not covered.  Other manufacturers have come out with their own holosights in the past, though they've not done well as reflex sights are a much more attractive option for manufacturers due to cost and ease of setup.

I dont know either, but there are some eotech-like-ish sights out there being sold in the USA, so I dont think anyone should have problems if they released something similar looking. 

BTW, IBMedic, I think someone should improve the game with ACM optics already, and if they can get to the point you mention, they should better do it quick :lol: and my two cents, they should make them compatible with regular batteries, i mean, AA, AAA or cr123

I have the feeling that any of these factories you mention are thinking about making an EO-ish-clone for airsoft/RS market, Am I right? :rolleyes:

Wow, I got mine in and the thing was rattling from the moment I picked it up. Took it apart, put some thread locker and tightened up the screws and its a little better now. It's dark out so I haven't been able to zero it yet or test it the reticle brightness. Still too early to say if it was worth the purchase or not.

Honestly ?

Even If I could afford (while I can't) 200-300$ clone with replicated real holographic display, I would save up more money and pay double price for real Eo.
There are some drewbacks about existing clones - that's obvious -  but as long as I'm not considering some NV operations, it's enough.

And yes, I have to agree with Isamu - on today's play a have some minor problems with aiming against the sun. Reticle could be brighter, but I'm not exactly sure if it's possible with technology those clones accomodate.

Well, these are just red dots in disguise, so we cant ask them more than they already offer for a very cheap price, but unlike MRF, I would buy one of the "high end holographic clones" (if they were released and proved), not because im a cheap albatross (I am) but because they are easier to source and hk shops take customs "tricks" less seriously, unlike USA shops which are more strict and probably wont ship to EU anyway.

I think we are derailing a bit the topic, maybe IBMedic should open a dedicated thread about the holo clones so more people see it and can leave their opinion

Umm, have I written "technology" before ? ;).

@Isamu - speaking of derailing thread, let's derail it a bit more :D. Since we are both, as you call it "cheap albatross"-like, so perhaps it's time to start some "Best looking replica under 500$" thread...
;)

• 1 month later...

Small thread reviving.
All Eo clones available on shootercbgear, including the one being the subject of this thread, suddenly have been removed from the store offer.
I have an idea what could be that reason...

Which one? trades? maybe? :lol:

im definetly selling one of mines, its impossible to use in the sun without a modded protector or something, and even then, it gets veeeery dim, usable, but dim and not very comfortable to use... :( so Im keeping one for my "travel/emergency" mp5 and will use a cheap T1 (which is surprisingly bright) in my main M4

Which one? trades? maybe? :lol:

Bingo ! ;):D

Mine stays. I absolutely agree with sunny days use issue, but... this sight just look very good ;). And it's funny, because my old chineese CompM4 returned to my favour lately so I think when You are forced to rely on cheap optics replica, we don't have much freedom of choice here.

I bought one of these when they were available. I wasn't impressed and in fact I sold it last week.

Red light had a dimmer left side. Green was ok. Back glass wasn't too mirrory, so decent. Biggest problem was that the QD mount would seat canted on my G&P uppers and the sight would be at an angle.

I have to agree with you MRF, these are cheap optics so we have no room to choose and accept them with their many flaws and/or try to fix them the best we can... so while the sight works with the little modding done, im happy with it as it certainly helps me to aim, in fact I didnt know I could be a good shooter and this optic really helped me XD

but one of them must go, I have no need of it now I have a T1 clone, so three otics for two guns is a bit overkill and the funds will help me in my quest for a usable airsoft sight

Archived