What model Sig Sauer P226 is this ?

NonEx

So, I am looking at getting this as my next pistol;

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51_1021&products_id=15610

HK-GP-0019-AG-1.jpg

And the description sais it is a "Sig Sauer P226 MK24"

However, when I google P226 MK24 I don't really get much at all. Most things are for MK25. Which is similar, but has a rail. This one has no rail, and has serial number that begins with NSW. Where as the MK25 has a rail and serial numbers that start with UU.

The reason I want to identify it is because I want to make a "RS Pistol Case" setup for it, so I need to know.

When I look on wikipedia, the 226s with NSW serials are just "P226 NAVY" models.

So, any Sig experts out there. Is this a legit RS model or a mix of stuff ?

Thanks!

Link works for me and although I can't give you any info on the MK24 I wouldn't advise to get a railless Sig from WE - seing as our're quite pedantic with your pistols and accessories - as it has been established in another thread (can't rembember which one atm) that WE's railless 226s don't have the correct trigger guard but instead have the one from the 226R which is a bit shorter.

Personally I would say the bigger problem is that the WE pistols aren't really any good and you can get a metal bodied TM P226 for next to nothing.

Well, no. Not really. WE's recent pistols have been quite decent and even the cheapest of metal body kits for the 226 are more expensive than the WE 226.

Uh yeah. That statement was a bit off man. Also, even if a TM with MBK was relatively cheap, which it isn't, I don't want to waste time and energy on building and fitting that thing. I have tried that and it's not my thing.

FYI, all the TM MBK builds I did ran in the 600 USD range for all parts and upgrades etc. So, yeah... I'll take the WE. As stated above, their newer pistols are decent.

For what I want it for, it will be fine.

Also, if my brain is working correctly, if I buy both of the below and swap uppers and lowers, I should end up with both an MK25 and a NAVY P226;

HK-GP-0019-AG-1.jpg

Serial on this is NSW (P226 NAVY)

WE-GP-226RWM-AG-1.jpg

Serial on this is UU.

Might not be 100%, but good enuff. :o

Ah right, that lower one has the Sig proprietary rail system that is rounded on the bottom... Hrmmms.

The non traded one has the square 1913 rail. I guess that doesn't matter much, don't think I will use the rail anyways.

Hurr durr...

I have the WE 228, and I think it's really nice. I can only assume the 226's are the same. I think reason for the dislike of the 226's was the report of a blown appart slide right after release and everyone just kind of took a step back.

I'm not talking about getting the WE kit to fit on a TM build...

EDIT:

OK, based on this post regarding an RS P226 that looks like the one I posted in the first post I would say it is a Sig Sauer P226 NAVY (NSW serial).

http://smith-wessonforum.com/lounge/103636-sig-sauer-p226-navy-50-000-rounds-update-04-14-2010-55-000rds.html

So all is good. I will buy that one and build referense material around that info.

Only thing I can tell is off is as previously mentioned the trigger guard.

On the r.s. Sigs, the front of the trigger guard was pushed back a bit to accommodate an adequately specc'd rail.  The non-rail Sig has an ample trigger guard that reaches quite far forward, leading to a fairly short dust cover.

As stated, when WE made their first non-railed Sig, they had already made a railed one.  They simply removed the rail and left the trigger guard alone, leading to a too short trigger guard and too long dust cover for the non-railed model.

I don't think it's really arguable that it will perform better, and price wise I was talking about used in which case you can pick one up between 1 and 200. Now if you only want new the WE is good value for the money.

I had a little chat with someone about a TM/WE comparison and he summed it up nicely.

The TM with a metal kit is a superior pistol, the finish is also nicer but which one is better "value" depends on what you want to use it for. He just wanted a P226 on his belt and occasionally blast someone with it so the WE was suitable. But if you wanted to go for a high performance pistol you should go with the TM, but it costs so much more lol.

The TM with a metal kit is a superior pistol, the finish is also nicer but which one is better "value" depends on what you want to use it for. He just wanted a P226 on his belt and occasionally blast someone with it so the WE was suitable. But if you wanted to go for a high performance pistol you should go with the TM, but it costs so much more lol.

The big thing that many forget, ok if like me a pistol is the gun in your hand most of the time you want it to perform like a TM.

However if you, at best, fire about 5-10 shots from your pistol a game a WE will cope with that and do that job.

Always buy for what you plan it to do.

'FireKnife'

The big thing that many forget, ok if like me a pistol is the gun in your hand most of the time you want it to perform like a TM.

However if you, at best, fire about 5-10 shots from your pistol a game a WE will cope with that and do that job.

Always buy for what you plan it to do.

'FireKnife'

Indeed, it was an interesting chat. I mean I like Sigs enough that I'll imagine I'll be buying a WE one next (had to sell my TM/Guarder due to not being able to feed myself) and will get round to picking up another TM with metal body kit, as well as perhaps a plastic bodied TM for when it gets really cold (possibly selling the WE but I don't know...) lol.

I have a thing for pistols too...

also the sights are wrong on the WE P226 Navy

Yeh, I saw that too. But whathcya gonna do :)

I've made up my mind. Gonna get the linked NAVY model, unmarked MK25 and P229R as well. Woop-e-di-doo. Time to put my high end guns up for sale, cause I'm gonna get myself a WE pistol and rifle collection!

Archived