Hephaestus Recoil Power Kit for KWA Kriss GBBR

Noveske

I have shot the real Kriss about 8 months ago and it definately has recoil.  Take a look at some videos on YouTube and you will plainly see it still has plenty of recoil.  The KWA Kriss has virtually no recoil so hopefully this kit will bring the felt recoil closer to real Kriss.

I have shot the real Kriss about 8 months ago and it definately has recoil. Take a look at some videos on YouTube and you will plainly see it still has plenty of recoil. The KWA Kriss has virtually no recoil so hopefully this kit will bring the felt recoil closer to real Kriss.

Thank You! Haha, Ive been saying the RS KRISS has a good amount of recoil, though little for a full auto .45 ACP.

Yeah, there is a huge misconception in the airsoft world that the real Kriss doesn't have recoil.  It definately has recoil, just not as much as my .45ACP conversion for my AR15 as that is straight Olympic Arms style blowback.

I'm guessing that up the "recoil" felt right? Kinda kills the whole point of the real deal kriss lol o well such is Airsoft lol

Err... no... people are trying to match the recoil of gbbs to as close to the real steel as possible, so even with this hard kick unit, we're still miles away from that of a 45 kriss... just watch the Future Weapon video of the Kriss.. you can clearly see that the guy shooting it had to compensate with his stance, the super-v mechanism from my understanding is more about reducing muzzle climb than it is recoil..

..........the super-v mechanism from my understanding is more about reducing muzzle climb than it is recoil..

That's what I think...... consider the amount of energy pushed the bullet accelerate toward the muzzle, the firearm and the shooter ( as a single system in physics ) should receive the same amount of energy in the form of reaction force, some of the energy went to the loading mechanism of course.

Is not the Kriss system just instead of throwing a slide or bolt backwards it throws it down to compensate against the upward muzzle climb there by trying to mitigate the two forces and have them (as best they can) cancel each other out?

So in airosft where muzzle climb is limited then applying a tougher system would force the mechanism downwards and mean your shots would slightly drop the gun down, making the recoil feel incorrect?

I will be honest I don't have that much interest in the system, too many rails and fancy things, but this feels a little odd having a power up kit for it.

'FireKnife'

FireKnife, you are correct.  The enhanced recoil kit will give the KWA Kriss some much needed felt recoil as it stands there is virtually no felt recoil.  95% of the draw of GBB's is the recoil.  Now, will this kit work without destroying the system, that is the question.

I like the recoil on kwa's kriss. Like most airsoft gbb's they don't accurately recreate, the recoil of the real deal. It's not just the recoil that attracts me to gbb's, it's also the noise and mechanics of it.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing some videos/reviews, of this kit installed.

I was happy with the "recoil" of the KWA. Its marginally less than the mp7... I dont see why when youre limited on ammo you want the gun to throw your shots off?

It mimics the real steel perfectly. The real steel recoils less than other 45ACP autos and the KWA recoils less than other 6mm GBBs. Problem?

@ Half Trigger

Idiot.

Sick and god damn tired of the constant bloody wingeing 'wah wah wah the KWA Kriss has no recoil, im not buying it wah wah wah' put your dummy back in and get over it.

KWA have done nothing short of a fantastic job replicating the Super V system in airsoft form.

Also for the record -

IT DOES HAVE RECOIL

IT JUST RECOILS IN A DIFFEFENT WAY TO OTHER GBBRS.

I.E DOWN

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The real steel recoils less than other 45ACP autos and the KWA recoils less than other 6mm GBBs. Problem?

Not for me, but you have to remember:

In the real world manufacturers strive to mitigate recoil and keep the gun as locked on to the target as they can get when firing.

In airsoft manufacturers strive to get the most realism out of a gun by upping the felt recoil to the point that it gives a stronger feedback and better accuracy.

Many people will always want that bit extra recoil, to have it feel like the thing in your hands isn't a gearbox / blowback unit and barrel in a fancy shell but something else. Personally I couldn't care that much so long as it hits things, but surely people would want more recoil, even if the system is meant to reduce it in the real weapon, just the two ways that airsoft and the real world often conflicts.

'FireKnife'

It has recoil, that's something I think we can all agree on. So lets put that to bed. No airsoft gbb's recreate the blow back of the real deal, at all.

I think people should say (when discussing the recoil effect, of the kwa kriss), the blow back isn't for them.

Also, I don't see the point of changing an airsoft product for the worse (that is, if this blow back kit has the same effect on the kriss, as the kit for the mp7)? It's like "no no no, I want it to brake after so long. Or so help me, I'll throw it in the bin". It does seem a bit crazy.

This is airsoft, where the user is never happy. Well, I am. I love my tm night warrior and my kwa kriss vector (don't tell my tm p90).

It has recoil, that's something I think we can all agree on. So lets put that to bed. No airsoft gbb's recreate the blow back of the real deal, at all.

I think people should say (when discussing the recoil effect, of the kwa kriss), the blow back isn't for them.

Also, I don't see the point of changing an airsoft product for the worse (that is, if this blow back kit has the same effect on the kriss, as the kit for the mp7)? It's like "no no no, I want it to brake after so long. Or so help me, I'll throw it in the bin". It does seem a bit crazy.

This is airsoft, where the user is never happy. Well, I am. I love my tm night warrior and my kwa kriss vector (don't tell my tm p90).

Same for real steel world aka AR15.com, home of some of the biggest whiners.

Actually yeah the KWA Kriss has quite a nasty forceful movement compared with their MP9 or MP7.

It doesn't move into the shoulder but it is definately felt.  It does feel like you are shooting something, even though the gun is heavier than both.

@ Half Trigger Idiot. Sick and god damn tired of the constant bloody wingeing 'wah wah wah the KWA Kriss has no recoil, im not buying it wah wah wah' put your dummy back in and get over it. KWA have done nothing short of a fantastic job replicating the Super V system in airsoft form. Also for the record - IT DOES HAVE RECOIL IT JUST RECOILS IN A DIFFEFENT WAY TO OTHER GBBRS. I.E DOWN Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Careful, now. Down with this sort of thing! etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally i would not get this kit due to risk damaging the gun mean as though KWA has stopped making the KRISS  :(,

Plus when your out on a game day u prob's not going to feel it due to the pure adrenaline you would feel (if you ever get adrenaline during a game)  :) same principle as any other GBB (what i recon anyways) like when i'm use'ing my WE SCAR-L i don't take notice off my recoil due to all the adrenaline or to busy shooting the s**t outta people lol or no one would stop playing a game just to stare at the recoil (i would not anyways),.

alright it would be awesome to have if your just going to stand around firing a few rounds off or to show off to mates  B) lol, but you don't really need a recoil kit to show off to mates with this beastly gun.  ;)

Archived