Knee pad and Elbow pad recommendations

Andyjp

Hey guys!

I've heard an awful lot of mixed reviews regarding different brands of knee pads and elbow pads.  I'd purchased a cheap pair a few years back, found them uncomfortable, and never wore them.  Then, while airsofting a few weeks ago, I slipped and landed knee-first on a brick, breaking my patella (kneecap).  So, I'm looking around for suggestions on a good set of pads.  

Price isn't really a concern, just quality, durability, and stability/retention.  Any suggestions?  What brands, styles, and types have you guys tried, and what do you prefer?  

Best,

Andy

Guess I should clarify a bit further.  I'd prefer a separate pair of pads, not pant/shirt inserts.  Although the Crye pad style is quite neat, I end up switching between gear setups quite frequently and generally lean towards more unusual camouflage patterns.  Something I could take off and run with a variety of different setups would be ideal!

Best,

Andy

Knee Pro Ultra Flex III - Knee Pads - Loved by Airsofters, Military and Builders alike!

Articulated pads the 'stick' to you legs, never slip, never fall. Cheap too. Used mine for about 5 years, 5 years airsoft, inc 2 years as a labourer still running strong.

Knee_pad_large.jpg

They come in black and tan too.

Im 6'4" and have run and slammed into concrete with these on, no damage to me and minimal damage to the pads. I really can't recomend these enough.

They do a lovley set of elbow pads too, though look a little futuristic...

I'm going to have to stick my oar firmly in the Arcteryx kneecap camp.  Simply the nicest kneepad I've ever strapped on, all the retention of the old school neoprene sleeve design without the associated bath-load of sweat.  I normally wear Crye style trousers airsofting, but I wear kneecaps sometimes at work or when I'm doing other outdoors-y practical stuff and they've never been anything but great, and more importantly light, so much so that I once worried I'd put them down and lost them when they were actually on my legs (felt like a nugget).

That said, I got mine free, the price may be prohibitive for some people.

Hey guys!

I've heard an awful lot of mixed reviews regarding different brands of knee pads and elbow pads.  I'd purchased a cheap pair a few years back, found them uncomfortable, and never wore them.  Then, while airsofting a few weeks ago, I slipped and landed knee-first on a brick, breaking my patella (kneecap).  So, I'm looking around for suggestions on a good set of pads.  

Price isn't really a concern, just quality, durability, and stability/retention.  Any suggestions?  What brands, styles, and types have you guys tried, and what do you prefer?  

Best,

Andy

Get the best then:

http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/pads-armour/elbow-pads/empire-grind-tht-elbow-pads.html

http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/pads-armour/knee-shin-pads/empire-grind-tht-knee-shin-pads.html

It's worn underneath clothing, no need to worry about the tacticool factor.

I meant to say this earlier. When I'm looking for a piece of kit what I usually do is peruse current pictures of SOF and take a look at what they use, most of the time they use something for a reason, and when I see many many pictures of the different SOF guys using the same thing I take that as a sign that something is worth investing in.

Take a look for Bijan's, those articulated PVC things, or Kneecaps and see which one pops up more often. Arc'Teryx Kneecaps will be in the lead by a longshot.

Awesome, thanks for all the input guys!  

I think I'll be going with a set of the Arc'Teryx Kneecaps.  I have yet to find a negative review on them, which is definitely a positive sign.  If they don't do the trick for me per-say, I'll look into the Bijan or Knee Pro kneepads.  

One last question for you guys -- the Crye style pants.  I definitely wouldn't mind giving a pair a try, but I'm just not quite willing to drop $200 on a pair of pants.  Any suggestions on other manufacturers that make a similar pant that's still decent?  Or are the Crye's the only option for a decent pant with an integrated knee pad?  Also, does anyone have any experience with the Arktis pants with built in kneepads (model C130)?  I've had good experiences with their kit in the past, and wouldn't mind picking up a set of those if they're decent.  

Best,

Andy

Awesome, thanks for all the input guys!

I think I'll be going with a set of the Arc'Teryx Kneecaps. I have yet to find a negative review on them, which is definitely a positive sign. If they don't do the trick for me per-say, I'll look into the Bijan or Knee Pro kneepads.

One last question for you guys -- the Crye style pants. I definitely wouldn't mind giving a pair a try, but I'm just not quite willing to drop $200 on a pair of pants. Any suggestions on other manufacturers that make a similar pant that's still decent? Or are the Crye's the only option for a decent pant with an integrated knee pad? Also, does anyone have any experience with the Arktis pants with built in kneepads (model C130)? I've had good experiences with their kit in the past, and wouldn't mind picking up a set of those if they're decent.

Best,

Andy

Elite do a similar pair bit for around £50!

And sound choice on the pads though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived