Mulit Shot AEG Concept

renegadecow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you need a stronger tappet plate return spring to overcome the force required to feed three sets of bbs and seal three air nozzles against three air seals? I wonder how the tappet plate will hold up hauling that assembly back and forth? In my limited experience the arm attaching the tappet plate to the cam follower is a weak point on tappet plates.

Well that whole assembly is only 28g so I don't think it should be an issue. I can remove more material from certain areas to lighten it further without affecting it's function if needs be.   The standard tappet spring should be sufficient as it takes little force to form a decent seal between nozzle and bucking.

However it's the upwards force of the the three BB feeds acting on the nozzles that is most likely to give a problem I think.  We shall see.

Now that really interestig topic! Idea reminds me on toose :o :

salvo03ba9.jpg

pribor3bhy1.jpg

@Siderwinder-forge: can't wait to see the results, even the feeding reliability and fps...

@Corkie121: as I remember Asahi(?) M60 shooted about dozen of BBs in nearly one shoot quite well (after manually "reloading"), but wasn't AEG at all...

Update: errr... not exactly...http://www.shooter.hu/Asahi/

I've put it all together and it cycles ok dry, but shooting with it upside down and just dropping BBs into the hop feed tubes hasn't filled me with confidence - it sort of works.  To be fair I only tried half a dozen or so BBs fired into my bin.

I'm going to try rigging up some simple tube feeds, probably spring loaded low cap style and tape them to the hops so at least i can try it right way up with multiple stacked BBs being fed in a more conventional manner.

Basically yeah, install the windey mechs in the bottom, cut down the feed hole sections to fit in the top and link them with some tube, same as I did for my MP5 flashmag project.  The AK mags aren't the ideal shape being very curved but they do seem to be the most reliable.  I will lose at least half of the drums 'capacity' to the mechanism and (necessary) wasted space but that will still leave a large area, certainly enough for a few thousand BBs.

I was thinking of linking the three cords as you say, but then decided not to as sometimes they don't retract properly which might cause issues if they are linked and one cord fails to return properly.

I'll probably line the inside with thin sticky back foam and maybe introduce baffles across the open space to reduce rattle noise.

gallery_33822_2162_23348.jpg

The light grey area is 'wasted' space due to the need for the BB reservoir being above the entry to the mechanisms.

What gun body are you trying to make? I saw the diagram where you showed you will need to bring two barrels out above the main barrel which is a bit of a shame, just make sure anyone touching it knows where it fires from to avoid being shot accidently.

I would think that a saiga would be the easiest (just modify an ak body). I assume from the magazine diagram you are going with a drum mag.

Only other point I would raise is you need to make sure that magazine is always topped up so that none of the feed tubes run dry otherwise all the air will take the route of least resistance and the barrels with bbs in would just dribble out.

I have an AA12 shell already, complete with removable drum mag.   Yeah the barrel positioning is a bit of a pain but it shouldn't be too obvious.  There should be no hands near the muzzle on firing so don't see that being much of an issue.

I have considered that and prefer it that way as it means the system 'fails safe' in that case ie. I get lower FPS on a feed failure rather than higher IYKWIM.

Also another reason for choosing Lonex mags as donors cos they provide a more constant feed than normal hicaps.

Archived