Drawing Manga

HaVoC

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've been on my deviantWATCH list for a day or so. When I got a message saying 'SOS girl' had been posted by 'shakken', I thought "Oh, cool". When I looked at it, my face was a real picture...

"F*** me, this one looks familiar!" :blink:

Not bad! I like the eyes and the hair :)

how could ya???

those eyes are the size of cricket balls. :D

But, of course, most people won't have it otherwise.

Darklite: or you can make some sort of a start... try to draw, and stop whinging. :)

start by gathering your fav's and try to outline the characters. You can filll in the details after, but just outline first, it helps with proportioning.

Most importantly, keep the level of detail down... WAY low. That's what you see on budget anime anyway. Don't even bother with colour just yet unless you like fisherprice primes.

wow all this ability in drawing and you guys are wasting it in an airsoft forum ;) j/k

That is great work deepeyes. This brings up a point ive been thinking over. I may commision one of you, idealy the best, to do a manga rendition of meself. There may be some moneys involved.

p.s. I cant seem to make the spell check button work. *fruitcage*

Deepeyes: eva... I can never understand why pretty much everything therein are so anorexic... even the weapons and them... robot things. So you can't really draw thigs out of proportions by mistake? :P

nice pics anyway. And colour!!!! He(she?) uses colour!!!

mtdarkwolf: try using a very thin felt tip or some sort of a marker. And if you feel like shading, try a faint grey water colour, anything but pencil.

I suggest: more definition, less fuzziness. Less shading, and try to include texture.

Archived