Drawing Manga

HaVoC

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ghost_Rider stars... in the Punisher?

but that's not very manga though... where are your fist-sized eyes!?!?!? :D

And since I have nothing better to do, other than watching BLS dvds for the 5th time... I'll scan some of my humble attempts on here too.

On a page from the back of a lined B5 notepad, with blue biro.

*idea thanks to ubar and ghost*

Maybe we can drop all this photoshop business and go lo-tech. Much more... old-school authentic-ish like.... to me anyway... I'm just not very good on the 'shop programmes :unsure:

reminds me of Amy Lee from Evanescence

nice...

[fuss mode]

those mitts need replacing... or they need action or something.

*I'll cut this short actually*

[/fuss mode]

:geek:

nice pic. :)

even has ribbons about the hair

*takes a break from pounding Ghost_Rider's head with butt of AK47*

ahem.....

I really didn't want G_R to put those sketches on here, apart from the fact that they aren't any good they aren't really manga either, as Billymak said. I try to draw manga and it just ends up looking too realistic and not stylised enough, which I think just stems from how I was trained to draw. I'm quite pleased with the punisher one and the rubber dress on the goth chick in the fourth pic, but they could do with some improvement.

The little chibi in G_R's second post is one of the designs I did for the Hardcore_Mitsuko action figure, way back when the action figure thread started. That's one of the outfits I came up with, but it was also available in combat and goth versions that I'm still drawing. As for her mitts, that's one of the ways I was taught to draw chibi hands; the other ways I know are tiny little ones that come to a point or great big ones with big defined fingers. Also, considering it's meant to be a doll I think they look ok like that.

Now if you'll excuse me....

*continues to pound Ghost_Rider's head with butt of AK47*

*takes a break from pounding Ghost_Rider's head with butt of AK47*

ahem.....

I really didn't want G_R to put those sketches on here, apart from the fact that they aren't any good they aren't really manga either, as Billymak said. I try to draw manga and it just ends up looking too realistic and not stylised enough, which I think just stems from how I was trained to draw. I'm quite pleased with the punisher one and the rubber dress on the goth chick in the fourth pic, but they could do with some improvement.

The little chibi in G_R's second post is one of the designs I did for the Hardcore_Mitsuko action figure, way back when the action figure thread started. That's one of the outfits I came up with, but it was also available in combat and goth versions that I'm still drawing. As for her mitts, that's one of the ways I was taught to draw chibi hands; the other ways I know are tiny little ones that come to a point or great big ones with big defined fingers. Also, considering it's meant to be a doll I think they look ok like that.

Now if you'll excuse me....

*continues to pound Ghost_Rider's head with butt of AK47*

What a beautiful relationship you two have. I liked them though hardcore. I agree though, maybe not quite manga, but with all the variation who can judge. ;)

J.

Archived