TOKYO MARUI Desert Warrior 4.3

Cryptkeeper

Hi,

I recently got the pistol above described! But been a TM a brand i never had before and been i the only one here in the island with one i need advices...

First, can i use green gas without any problem ? Will .25g bb's be a good choice for it ? Are KJW 1911 classic model magazines compatible ?

Cheers

Stick a recoil buffer on and it should be ok. That has the slimmer Novak style sights right? On the full sized ones its the mass of the Bomars that do most of the damage to the slide. In my opinion gbbs work best with .25 and up but depends on brand/bb quality. If its a double stack mag by KJW/WE it should fit.

Stick a recoil buffer on and it should be ok. That has the slimmer Novak style sights right? On the full sized ones its the mass of the Bomars that do most of the damage to the slide. In my opinion gbbs work best with .25 and up but depends on brand/bb quality. If its a double stack mag by KJW/WE it should fit.

WE don't make any kind of TM compatible 1911 mag, RC, shame on you :P

KJW ones are fine though, they'll run without a problem in a TM. Ammo-wise, .25's at a minimum, ideally .28's or .3's I'd say.

Recoil buffer ? Is there any DIY ?

It should actually already have a recoil buffer, my TM 1911s all did. Take the slide off and look at the base of the recoil spring guide. There should be a rubber washer in front of the lip at the bottom of the spring guide. The slide will recoil into that rubber washer which softens the recoil.

I ran all my stock TM1911 pistols on green gas and never experienced an issue with any of them, I think the design is by far one of Marui's best.

Of course, all my TM 1911s are now fully customed up so they HAVE to run on green to function, but that's another story entirely.

every pistol is safe with every gas, depending the temperature.

Green gas or pure propane should be fine in winter and outside but dangerous if used in summer temperatures.

A the same, the 134a gas is too weak to make work a plastic Marui pistol well, in cold temperatures

First, can i use green gas without any problem ?

Will .25g bb's be a good choice for it ?

Are KJW 1911 classic model magazines compatible ?

Yes unless you are experiencing over 20 degrees Celcius regularly. In that case 144a might be better.

Yes but .3s might be a touch better.

Yes they are but often the cost differences isn't much and the TM mags will last longer. Also it is only the gas ones that will work, not the CO2 ones.

'FireKnife'

Due to my inexperience with TM i went on and bought Abbey Predator Gun Gas 144a 700ml for about 10€ plus shipping... when i had like 3 bottles of green gas in home brand news... just because it said on the website that it was recommended...

I've been using the same gas for my TM Five-Seven without problems, so your TM will be fine. :)

You could try, yes. I have some but when I tried them in my P226 E2 mags it basically prevented them from filling properly - I only got about 5-6 shots per fill when they were installed. My friend found the same thing with his TM XDM mags.

Erm, why?

The silent fill doesn't actually help, it is better to get a proper TM mag for all the cost difference and reliability. I would rather hear the gas going in than not.

Plus what is escaping, assuming you are holding the can properly when you fill, is air. You are not losing gas just the pressure in the mag before you fill it has to go somewhere.

'FireKnife'

I don't, know about you but there's a little cloud of propane coming from my fill valve on every TM mag I've used so far. Which is joined by sprays of liquid when it's full. Silent fill is nice, but as I said the o-rings in the LPE kits don't seem to be the right size and inhibit filling.

I went outside i was getting like 16 shots before running out of gas... then i started to improve a little... 

Started doing 18 bb's per mag, fine! After empty i put another 3 bb's it makes a total of 21, fine! The gun still cocked! Another 3 bb's, only manage to get 2 shots... so i think 23 bb's is the maximum a mag can give me i think. This if it is full that i seriously doubt it since this slight "problem" of gas coming out i dont know if for any chance i'm shooting a mag at 80% or less of is gas capacity.

Archived