American air force.....

Ghost_Rider

They don't need a 4th gen fighter. They updated all their avionics and are now comparable to western ones(they always were at the time of initial deployment). SU-47 Berkut is years away form actual deployment(If the russians can pay for it). The Russian also have the R77 and R73. There Jamming and ECM are also very effective. Now some of you out there are gona say but the F22 will just shoot the Mig\Su down in BVR, unlikely. Attacks at BVR don't have a good hit probability against a well trained pilot. Despite how Russian aircraft are maintaned(Russia's climate is really harsh on the plane) they are just as deadly as any western plane.

Even the most technologically advanced western ones?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not quite sure, last i herd of it it was a prototype i dont know if sukhoi actually put it into production yet. and whats happend with this "SU37 - BERKUT" fighter russia's latest advanced plane ?

Night_raven

The Su-37 is the Super Flanker, the Berkut is the S-37

Their aircraft are deadly, with their only disadvantage being that some aircraft are underpowered. Others like the MiG-29S and Su-27 series (27, 27MKK, 30, 30MKK, 33, 34, 37) apologise if I missed one or two.

Has anybody heard 'Watcher of the Skies' by Genesis

IMHO it is one of the greatest songs ever made...

(didnt read this huge thread, and i know we are outta date on air power)

Wish we got a scenario with 2 modernized migs vs this euro fighter. I know i should say SU-37 vs eurojet but hey dont want it to be too unfair.

My basis for saying migs would compete against the euro fighter? German Mig 29's that are stripped down export versions beat F15s in similar close end dog fight trials basicaly the mig 29 is a close in fighter and this kinda game they played with the british aircraft would be a good test for them both.

The S-37 and Su-47 are the same thing. The Mig is really a close range interceptor\fighter, the new version(Mig-33) is a vary capable BVR and retains all the WVR capabilities of the Mig-29. The Typhoon is a much better multi role fighter, But in a 1 VS 1 fight(Both with top of the line weapons and pilots) it would be difficult to say who would win (If the Typhoon had R-77 and R-73 then I would say it would win). The eurofighter is surprisingly light and has very powerful engines, I'm starting to like it a lot more than the F-22.

Although if we did put the eurofighter and the SU-37 i think we can conclude that they are both very manoverable planes. heck looking at the SU-37 and the eurofighter theres mahosive similarities take for example forward canards, the layout of it all .. very similar.

Night_raven

Although if we did put the eurofighter and the SU-37 i think we can conclude that they are both very manoverable planes. heck looking at the SU-37 and the eurofighter theres mahosive similarities take for example forward canards, the layout of it all .. very similar.

Night_raven

Thus there would be a draw then....

Archived