UPS Shipping from HK - Import fees etc..

bankz5152

Hey chaps,

Quick question for those who import from HK. When using UPS as the courier is anyone ever stung on customs charges (VAT) for one and more importantly does UPS have a ransom fee like Parcel Farce?

I usually use EMS though their UK counterpart is Parcel Farce and I dont fancy paying their £13.50 ransom fee on a relativley small order.

Big name couriers such as UPS, DHL, FedEx etc all have special customs officers that inspect all packages, calculate customs fees, and pay HMRC direct. They then charge you (Plus fees). You might have better luck if shipping through postal services rather than courier services; to the best of my knowledge they don't have that level of automation and your package could easily slip through.

HK post will arrive via RM who'll wabt their handling fee if the item is caught, and the days of not paying the handling fee are over, that loophole was filled last year,

I've not read of anyone getting off without paying the fee for sometime? it's just one of those accepted pitfalls of importing.

I recently received a small package from WGC valued at approxamately $93 including the UPS shipping charge,

and I had to pay €47.76 UPS custom fees, VAT, surcharges and more Tax etc.

So yes it is quite extortionate at the moment, maybe they are hoping to buy a new fleet of Aircraft.

Right chaps work this one out for me.

I ordered some spot lights for my Defender about 10 days ago. Massive things (yet light) the box it came in i expect you could fit at least 2 Vectors Boxed.

Shipped via FedEx from Shanghai at a cost of $19.00. Arrived yesterday no fees, no tax, no extra charges. Total travel time door to door 7 days.

Now why is it shipping for anything airsoft is so god damn high? I mean HK Post that will take 20 days for some gas mags and a stock is $60.00? And will probably get stung for tax etc...

$73.00 via EMS and definately stung via parcel farce.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

Archived