Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Thoughts?

bankz5152

How bizarre. Mine never did that at all! My internet is so *suitcase* half the time it wasnt even connected!! Even when yanking the power cable out the back when it occasionally froze it was still golden. Never lost any save data on my 360, only ever Fallout NV but that was buggy as hell!

I agree on the *suitcasey* PS controllers... 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only bought the Xbox One because my shovel hands don't hold PS4 controllers well.

I used to have that problem with the PSP, I had to buy an external battery thing that clipped on because it added a bit of bulk and made it actually holdable.

I wonder if they make those for PS4 controllers? The PS4 is the new one I'm looking at getting.

Agreed, the PS3 controller is a sod. I use a third party one with better triggers than even the official MS ones. They are much flatter and the nicer curve.

Too bad the D-pad is a bit stuff though. Never found a perfect controller, third party or not.

Also been playing the Ultimate Edition of Fallout NV. The amount of times I have to save and reload the game is unreal but damn it the thing still keeps dragging me in (ignoring the fact I have basically a perfect 1911 pistol and loads of extra ones to keep it in prime condition).

Anyway as for Halo, having played all the games in this pack bar the latest beta I don't really see me ever buying it. ODST is still my favourite and always will be as it just felt like more effort was put into it, unlike Reach.

I use an adaptor for the PS that lets me use a 360 controller :D. Works a treat just have to re-map the buttons in game. 

ODST was awesome, I would love them to do a sequel. It took away from the main part of Halo - Invincible Cyborg Soldier with a super smart AI in its head - and put you with a squad of the next best thing ODSTs, but still kept the amazing aspects that makes Halo, well Halo. I love the guns in it aswell, especially that suppressed pistol. That was HOT. There was a chap in the US who used a 3D printer to print all the parts to fit a TM Night Warrior. Looked amazing. 

A remaster of that would go down a treat, providing its only £20 on release, Firefight was amazing as well, countless hours playing that.

---

Fireknife, I recently just 'finished' NV again recently zero major bugs. Was a release copy with DLCs as they came along. Maybe that version is patched better?

That is what I am using. I have been told it is due to the PS3 flat reading from the disc where as the Xbox allows full disc installations. Either way it is still fun, just has moments where it lags a lot.

Also was thinking about Halo ODST and looking online, stumbled upon the Goat Simulator MMO version, all thought of Halo has gone now :P.

'FireKnife'

Looking at the pic of the original xbox controller is it weird that I find wired controllers so strange to look at now? how many consoles have we had without them is it 1 or two, it didn't take me long to get used to not having them trailing across the lounge! 

Looking at the pic of the original xbox controller is it weird that I find wired controllers so strange to look at now? how many consoles have we had without them is it 1 or two, it didn't take me long to get used to not having them trailing across the lounge! 

I still used a wired controlller... I don't trust wireless anything for gaming - have a cat5 for my xbox.

I usually end up running out of batteries and plugging in my "wireless pad" anyway but it does seem weird to be "tethered" to the games console lol I think they've trained me to think wireless, if i think back to playing megadrive I some how block out the wires from my memory! 

Wires me off. Get in the way, more than once I have tripped over and yanked the Xbox off is stand! Then theres the whole wrapping the cable back up again. Christ I love wireless. 

Once thing very cool is wireless charging. Plonk your remote down on top of your Xbox/Side table and hey presto it charges. Not through induction but I believe it was radio waves. Has to be within a certain range 5 - 10cm I think to work but still pretty amazing. 

Wires ###### me off. Get in the way, more than once I have tripped over and yanked the Xbox off is stand! Then theres the whole wrapping the cable back up again. Christ I love wireless. 

USB phone charger plug (like the iPhone ones) next to the sofa is my solution. I have one there for charging my phone, and I plug my controller charge cable into that and then it doesn't trail across the room.

I was on about the Xbox 1. Got 2 powered USB built into my lazy boy which is useful :D Suppose I could use that for the Xbox controllers... 

As for me controllers I buy batteries in bulk from Costco. Never had any luck with those play charge kits, never held their charge. 

*looks at list of battery powered airsoft guns in signature above*

Hmm..

Dis is wy I am a gaz player!?!? :P

So long as I remember to bring the cans along with me I am fine :).

But yes for me it is wires, still used to having them after years of using the first Playstation.

'FireKnife'

To add -

Started Halo Nightfall, seems decent enough, hopefully it improves but keeps the 'esance' of Halo.

One thing the "Halo Channel" jesus christ they have to fix that SO clunky and painful navigate. Just ridiculous.

Major gripe is it give a download option for Nightfall, not everyone has great internet for streaming....

Finally I was really enjoying the 'portals' for extra cinematic content got it all when I finished H1 but nothing on H2, says I have to go back and play again :/

While TMCC is outstanding in areas its seriously lacking in some of the finer details id expect. Maybe thats the 5GB they shaved off the dayone update....

On my phone my spelling will suck

• 3 weeks later...

So finished Combat Evolved and started Halo 2 last night.

Initially it was looking amazing, got halfway through clearing Cairo Station and my Xbox logged me out, and then back in, and back out, and.. Rinse and repeat.

Googled it and i'm supposed to delete my profile from the console, clear caches, unplug the console for 30 seconds and then start it all back up. Then redownload my profile and hey presto..

Live deleted my gamertag and i'm Mike210330818 now. Cheers Microsoft.

Archived