2 chestrigs for Scorpion Evo SMG. Can't choose.

Lone_Bullet

What CQB SMG chest rig?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. I like both rigs but for different reasons. Your opinion?

• BFG's MP7 chest rig + pistol and dumppouch on belt.
    • Haley's D3CR with flatpack

Hi!

Me again.

I have 2 options ( see Poll ) but I really can't choose.

- option 1 ( BFG MP7 rig ) with belt containing pistol, 4 pistol mags and dumppouch and GP pouch on the rig.

very lightweight but EVO mags are hard to get in. I think they might, just might, wear out the elastic pouches very quickly, making this an expensive unusable rig fast. Stuff devided between light chestrig and pistol belt. Which is good for pistol ( belt ) only games, but bad for transport and complexity.

- option 2 ( D3CR ) has everything on it, minus dumpouch, 2 pistol mags and 1 primary mag.

It's made for M4/AK so won't fit EVO mags good, but it'll do. With the flatpack I can actually use it as a CQB grab package. 2 GP pouches for pistol light and HiVis hit vest. Stuff-it pouch for 2 extra mags coupled together. Heavy and bulkier than option 1 though. All in one, which is good and bad,see option one.

Both in Wolf Grey because, ofcourse it is!

Anyone help?

I'm not sure either is a good option tbh.  The mags are so much fatter than the MP5 and the like, even if they go in I feel like the elastic would get wrecked fairly quickly.  I tried them in some extended pistol/SMG TACOs and they just about go in but they open out so much you can't put more than 2 pouches on adjacent columns of PALS.

In the thread down in reviews, the common consensus has been that standard 2 x STANAG mag pouches work great (possibly with the mags facing outwards rather than side on?).  Not tried that yet myself, need to give it a quick go.

I'm not sure either is a good option tbh.  The mags are so much fatter than the MP5 and the like, even if they go in I feel like the elastic would get wrecked fairly quickly.  I tried them in some extended pistol/SMG TACOs and they just about go in but they open out so much you can't put more than 2 pouches on adjacent columns of PALS.

In the thread down in reviews, the common consensus has been that standard 2 x STANAG mag pouches work great (possibly with the mags facing outwards rather than side on?).  Not tried that yet myself, need to give it a quick go.

Yeah, not going to pay US$ 40 for one 2xM4 pouches by BFG ( I know of no other such pouches in Wolf Grey )

I need 3 of them, so if I'm going to pay US$ 120 for 3 pouches, I can just as well look for a new chestrig, I though.

Custom job then?

I use a cheap chestrig with space for seven of them (three integrated and 2+2 on the sides using double pouches), and the rest of the bags and pouches I need go in the MOLLE belt.

I had one of the BFG rigs, used for my 9mm SMG mags - Worked great.

I have since moved onto a PIG m4 chest rig. I can fit two mags into each pouch and they hold great.

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/pig-brig-cr-3-mag-systema-17486-p.asp

Could be worth looking at ? I bet the 7.62 could fit two mags per cell.

I'm surprised the KYWIs in those SYSTEMA placard/fronts work with the Scorp mags to be honest I must admit, nice though.  Means you've got a great rig for both the EVO and your STANAG guns if it does work.

I had one of the BFG rigs, used for my 9mm SMG mags - Worked great.

I have since moved onto a PIG m4 chest rig. I can fit two mags into each pouch and they hold great.

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/pig-brig-cr-3-mag-systema-17486-p.asp

Could be worth looking at ? I bet the 7.62 could fit two mags per cell.

Indeed?

Can you please reconfirm that the PIG setup works not Scorpion EVO mags, not just 9mm MP5, MP9 mags?

I am looking trough all the other options.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but please don't stop!

I'm really curious about what config you guys use

Most used seems to be 2xM4 pouches, as said.

I'm surprised the KYWIs in those SYSTEMA placard/fronts work with the Scorp mags to be honest I must admit, nice though.  Means you've got a great rig for both the EVO and your STANAG guns if it does work.

I believe similar thing can be done with D3CR with HSP mag insert, as long as Scorp mags have similar thickness with AR mags.

Not really sure they'll work the same but I tried making some D3CR-sized, KYWI ripoffs for testing.

In fact D3CR's pouches are on the loose side for single AR mag, add insert and it will "eat" quite a lot of kinds of mags, I would say the probability is high.

The Warrior version of the 9mm HSGI tacos work as well, as I have just been using my Warrior Sabre drop leg for these. This allows me to carry four Scorp mags and an M4 speedloader in a single panel.

Iirc was tacos are the same as the clone tacos with cordura insert over the plastic hsgi uses.

Archived