WE Colt 9mm SMG GBBR

Brigg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got back to messing with this today, and finally got it to shoot at a field legal 350fps, but the velocity isn't really stable. It has jumps as high as 40 fps sometimes. So I think my next step is to make my own flute valve that maybe sits a bit more snug, and hopefully that will stabilize it more.

Though, I'm really not sure why it would jump so much anyway unless the valve is catching on something and not closing.

That's... the other way around. It closes with the pressure of the gas. The spring keeps it open. Stronger spring = it's held open longer = more gas down the barrel. In some cases I've found springs to be so tight they wouldn't close at all and just vent gas down the barrel.

The problem isn't that the velocity is too low or high, it's that it's unstable and can bounce up or down about 40fps between shots.

And yeah, a stronger flute valve spring was how I upped the velocity to the 300s. With a weaker KWA spring, my velocity was a measly 120 fps.

I've already started a new flute valve though, and if I can get it to upload, I even took a couple videos of it being machined. Figured some might be interested to see that.

The thing is with nozzle design is that it can be a bit of a hit and miss.

For example: 

WE Browning High Power uses the default WE flute valve and spring however, its power never exceeds 270fps w/0.2g for some strange reason. Compared with a WE Glock 17 which has the similar barrel length, same magazine valve, and same flute valve it outputs at 330fps+. Even my WE G19 gives that sort of power level.

KSC flute valves and flute valve springs are the same, they are designed to give high gas output within their own nozzles, however when placed into a Marui, their FPS doesn't really differ much compared with the Marui valves.

So I came to the conclusion that each nozzle design makes a difference, from the size of the gas bucking window to the shape of the inside bore and where the piston head sits, will affect responsiveness and power output.

Archived