Alpha-Tec Closed?

Got Wood?

41 minutes ago, thatguy404 said:

If the AG40 is using a .209 primer to pop a seperate charge, surely it can be used solely using the .209 primer, as CK has mentioned.

Yes. TRMRs pop loud enough with .209s. The problem I see is the flying spoon or even the existance of such spoon...

1 hour ago, thatguy404 said:

If the AG40 is using a .209 primer to pop a seperate charge, surely it can be used solely using the .209 primer, as CK has mentioned.

If it works anything like the GR20 then that wouldn't work as the primer goes off immediately and the fuse delay is within the charge itself, time will tell if it's that kind of system though.

Yeah.  Sounds like it uses something like a real grenade ignition.  As soon as that spoon comes off, bam, primer goes off.  It would still be in your hand/very close to your hand.

I'd tie a bit of 550 to the spoon to save hunting for it I reckon.

1 hour ago, Rob15 said:

If it works anything like the GR20 then that wouldn't work as the primer goes off immediately and the fuse delay is within the charge itself, time will tell if it's that kind of system though.

you are correct . Think of the AG40 this way . It's basically a GR20 that uses easily available .209 primers to initiate the charge rather than the diminishing supplies of Gr20 primers . Charges are plentiful but primers are not .

Those saying about spoons probably play in games where these are not best suited as these are more a replacement for Gr20 style grenades which use the same spoons rather than a replacement for BFGs.

However there will be a spoon retention kit available like there are for GR20s and the like 

16 hours ago, 1st Commando said:

Those saying about spoons probably play in games where these are not best suited

I can't think of any games in which I'd like to have parts flying around, and I've played them all. A spoon retention kit will be a nice thing to have.
Then again, training is not a game. Different purpose, different tools.

• 4 weeks later...

The reloads will be expensive compared to a blank but as stated they are aimed at training and milsim, your average skirmisher will be better off with a BFG.  There will be a spoon/pin retention kit available by release date, though a bit of para cord would do the job.  If you do loose the spoons they will be readily available and cheaper than bfg ones as there made by the million.

• 2 weeks later...

The release date is going to be delayed a couple of weeks for the AG40 . This is to allow time for a legal consultation to ensure everything is good to go before they get into the hands of the public .

Some of you may have seen them on demo at Extreme airsoft on Saturday with J-tac . I was also demonstrating them at a training centre down south on Saturday but I don't think anyone here would have been there 

Archived