Showguns have made a striker 12

svman

My second Striker arrived this week after 105 days without a tracking update, so... Now to order the OEG and beg @junglejimto make steel barrels. For anyone that's interested in making steel barrels, you can purchase steel tube with a 17mm ID (about right) and a 25mm OD (a bit undersize for a Striker, which have insanely thick barrels, but not far off) off the shelf, which is much cheaper than having parts gun-drilled and honed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/15/2021 at 10:58 PM, blekk said:

@CatgutViolin have you done a comparison of the supplied gel PPS shells vs. the APS shells? I did a quick volume calc and the gas reserve in the supplied shells is 2x that of the APS shells and remember reading somewhere you can fill them with CO2 as well.

I don't believe the gel blaster shells are suitable for CO2, but that would help. In any case, the different design between PPS and APS shells produces different results. The APS wad is able to use the barrel to maximize power, while the PPS shells, having no barrel to interface with, waste most of their power. With propane as a propellant, the PPS shells are downright pathetic- 3 BBs per shot and they hit the ground literally ten feet in front of me. CO2 might do a little better.

I'd be interested to see how the PPS shells perform with an inner barrel, but I'm not invested in that system so don't have the resources to test.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 5:08 AM, CatgutViolin said:

I don't believe the gel blaster shells are suitable for CO2, but that would help. In any case, the different design between PPS and APS shells produces different results. The APS wad is able to use the barrel to maximize power, while the PPS shells, having no barrel to interface with, waste most of their power. With propane as a propellant, the PPS shells are downright pathetic- 3 BBs per shot and they hit the ground literally ten feet in front of me. CO2 might do a little better.

I'd be interested to see how the PPS shells perform with an inner barrel, but I'm not invested in that system so don't have the resources to test.

I cut down a spare PPS gel shell so that wads could be used instead of the 3 stack clover design. Took about 10mm off the height of the inner stack so should be able to fit 10 gels now instead of only 6 in the clover design. Haven't tried it yet but should act more like the APS shell but hold more gas.

IMG_20210927_10612.jpg

IMG_20210927_26186.jpg

Archived