Showguns have made a striker 12

svman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both of us have tracking numbers, but both still show pre-shipment. No response to our emails, just suddenly ship notifications showed up.

Related, it turns out that Armson is still around (!) and still selling (!!!) occluded-eye gunsights for the Striker.

Here's an example of one in use. Technically this is on a Protecta so not an 'actual' Striker / Street Sweeper, but the mounting is the same:

rt80bl1r3zm41.png

On 2/27/2021 at 1:44 PM, CatgutViolin said:

Both of us have tracking numbers, but both still show pre-shipment. No response to our emails, just suddenly ship notifications showed up.

Related, it turns out that Armson is still around (!) and still selling (!!!) occluded-eye gunsights for the Striker.

Here's an example of one in use. Technically this is on a Protecta so not an 'actual' Striker / Street Sweeper, but the mounting is the same:

rt80bl1r3zm41.png

Armson scope wont work, the screws need to be mounted from the bottom side of the groove. However, the drum is not removable on mine (i dont know, maybe thats a anti-modification feature). Without removing the drum, you cant screw in the armson.

12 hours ago, cai16 said:

Armson scope wont work, the screws need to be mounted from the bottom side of the groove. However, the drum is not removable on mine (i dont know, maybe thats a anti-modification feature). Without removing the drum, you cant screw in the armson.

Hmm, that's annoying; I might have to go with my original plan of just bodging a rail on there. Funny thing is, every time I've seen the Striker in a videogame, it's had a rail on top for sights or optics. But as far as I can tell, that was never a real thing, since the Striker/Street Sweeper disappeared off the market long before rails became popular.

Anyways, my tracking number now shows that the package has been accepted by Hong Kong Post, so it seems it's actually on the way.

7 hours ago, PureSilver said:

I have faith in your ability to remove the drum, that sight is too cool not to use.

We'll see. I found a parts diagram in a review, and it looks like the drum should be removable (albeit with a lot of effort).

I can't actually use OEGs with any kind of effectiveness thanks to some eye surgery a while back, so it'd be strictly for looks anyways. But either way I'll probably want to get the drum out to work on the barrel/cylinder interface seal and/or fit a metal barrel.

X-Force has sold a lot of them to non-Australians it seems, and are currently swamped by unexpected demand. However, the first outbound package was stopped by Australian Customs, so they're trying to rectify the situation so they can export. I've succeeded in producing replacement metal barrels but most of the people who expressed interest are waiting to see if they can actually get the Strikers they ordered first, which is understandable.

• 1 month later...

Octagon Airsoft has pre-orders up marked for June delivery.

Original, orange furniture, plastic barrel, $298:

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/product-page/fcw-striker-12-toy-gas-shotgun-gel-ball-blaster-version-street-sweeper

Metal barrel, $425:

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/product-page/fcw-striker-12-toy-gas-shotgun-6mm-airsoft-version-orange-color-street-sweeper

And metal barrel + black dye job, $465:

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/product-page/fcw-striker-12-toy-gas-shotgun-6mm-airsoft-version-black-color-custom

I suspect these metal barrels are going to have the same issue as the stock one, where PPS shells have poor performance due to lack of inner barrel and APS shells bleed off power through the cylinder gap, but it's a much better starting point to get a gun in black and with metal barrel to start with.

• 3 months later...

Octagon Arisoft have yet to send out any of their Striker 12's, and despite mailing them several times there is still no response. I've asked if there will be any compensation, since I've paid for my order in May, was promised shipping in July, and still have heard nothing.

It would appear that standards have fallen quite low over at Octagon. For shame.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, hitmanNo2 said:

General consensus seems to be, don't pre order anything from Octagon Airsoft.

True words.
Actually got a reply from Octagon, and after some back-and-forth my money is now being refunded. When the Striker has been officially released and shipped it'll be time to reinvest. But for now, my money is going elsewhere.

Very strange indeed.
In the conversation over PayPal they explicitly stated that they would not have the Strikers in stock for another 3-6 weeks, realistically speaking. Customs and bureaucracy was taking longer than expected by their own admission.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 9:53 PM, hitmanNo2 said:

That's odd.  I heard from them yesterday that they have just received a load in and would be shipping them next week.

And it's even worse than they led us on to believe.
It now says end of October release on the website.
Somebody must've messed up bad.

Glad I can use my money elsewhere until then.

Octagon striket Oct.jpg

Archived