SAS

cpaxton

Because this matter has nothing to do with the Police.  The Police have of course already been informed about the event, the MOD Police have also been told and are likely to be monitoring the stations and surrounding areas on the day, but I had to have a natter directly with the SAS regarding a specific activity on the day which would be illegal without their full clearance to go ahead.  We now have that clearance, and confirmation of that clearance has been sent to the MOD Police for their information. ;)

Anyway, this has gone a smidge off topic.  To the original poster, have you thought about getting in touch with the guys at Stirling Services?  There are a few ex-SAS guys running the show down there - one of them was the demolitions guy on the team that went in to the Iranian Embassy, so they may well know.

Are sterling services the guys who run airsoft days?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, they are. They also provide professional tactical training.

ohhh I see, but why do the SAS have power over legal/illegal events I would have though that would have been the police or council.

Not in this case. Due to the proximity of their base, they have certain powers and remits that need to be addressed directly. The MOD Police have the responsibility of protecting the base's security concerns and they have been notified of this clearance. The clearance itself though can only be granted by the regiment, as our activities will directly affect theirs. Like I said though, clearances have been granted (a clearance that is almost never granted to civilians) and everything is go. I can't go in to details on the forums for security reasons, but if you come to the event, you'll see what I am talking about ;)

Fact the SAS DO NOT use Black kit. When they want to blend in with SO19 they wear SO19 clothing, and SO19 wear BLUE. like all Specail armed forces when they are working with police they wear police uniforms. They tend not to advertise when they are doing joint ops.

The reason I know this is because I spent some time at the Royal Military Police Barracks in Chichester (UK) where there happens to be an SAS Unit, also SO19 are based over in Hastings which is about 1 hour away by car and often the RMP's, SAS and SO19 would do joint training...after a while you get chatting to these guys and you here the  facts from the myth.

Funny that but lots of my kit is black.....

Oh well guess I'm not special enough.

I will tell you now why alot of the kit is black instead of blue. Because the black kit is actually cheaper.

Yes, they are.  They also provide professional tactical training.

Not in this case.  Due to the proximity of their base, they have certain powers and remits that need to be addressed directly.  The MOD Police have the responsibility of protecting the base's security concerns and they have been notified of this clearance.  The clearance itself though can only be granted by the regiment, as our activities will directly affect theirs.  Like I said though, clearances have been granted (a clearance that is almost never granted to civilians) and everything is go.  I can't go in to details on the forums for security reasons, but if you come to the event, you'll see what I am talking about ;)

Ok I understand. The last thing you want is a SAS team storming the event and taking out Sledge! I didn't realise it was near to the Base. Yeah I may get down there next year, hopefully anyway. Thanks for the info btw.

Yes, they are.  They also provide professional tactical training.

Not in this case.  Due to the proximity of their base, they have certain powers and remits that need to be addressed directly.  The MOD Police have the responsibility of protecting the base's security concerns and they have been notified of this clearance.  The clearance itself though can only be granted by the regiment, as our activities will directly affect theirs.  Like I said though, clearances have been granted (a clearance that is almost never granted to civilians) and everything is go.  I can't go in to details on the forums for security reasons, but if you come to the event, you'll see what I am talking about ;)

oh yeah! Hereford! Of course! AAAAH!!!! Man I wish I was going, if theres another AG next year will it most likely be in the same place?

-Jay

Ok I understand. The last thing you want is a SAS team storming the event and taking out Sledge! I didn't realise it was near to the Base. Yeah I may get down there next year, hopefully anyway. Thanks for the info btw.

No probs. The woodland zone we are using is less than 2 miles from the camp as the crow flies. It's pretty close.

oh yeah! Hereford! Of course! AAAAH!!!! Man I wish I was going, if theres another AG next year will it most likely be in the same place?

-Jay

Not sure if there will be an AG next year - we are waiting the outcome of the proposed VCR Bill to see how it will affect us. If Airsoft remains legal, we'll try our best to put on another event. Not sure if it will be in the same place. I will try to scout a few more sites, but Hereford's Spectre site has been our home for the last 2 years now because it's just so good. ;)

No probs.  The woodland zone we are using is less than 2 miles from the camp as the crow flies.  It's pretty close.

Not sure if there will be an AG next year - we are waiting the outcome of the proposed VCR Bill to see how it will affect us.  If Airsoft remains legal, we'll try our best to put on another event.  Not sure if it will be in the same place.  I will try to scout a few more sites, but Hereford's Spectre site has been our home for the last 2 years now because it's just so good.  ;)

Well yeah it would be assuming that the VCR bill does not pass, or passes with exemptions. Oh and by the way, how the hell does arnie have so many posts? Isnt that technically impossible? Or is that the idea...

-Jay

Well yeah it would be assuming that the VCR bill does not pass, or passes with exemptions. Oh and by the way, how the hell does arnie have so many posts? Isnt that technically impossible? Or is that the idea...

-Jay

I think it is the total from the old Arnies forums added up. BUt even for that it seems pretty high.

EDIt yea look at this:

( 1659.5 posts per day / 181.37% of total forum posts )

Most active in General Discussion

( 274 posts / 18% of this member's active posts )

Now this is REALLY going off topic.

Basically, when HaVoC revealed himself as the Lean-Mean-Spamming-Machine, we hatched a cunning plan to disued him. Arnie added 500,000 posts to his own account and 300,000 posts to the rest of the Global Moderators. Take these numbers off the displayed totals and you get the real total.

Oh, and it failed to stop HaVoC. :(

Now back to the topic at hand ;)

Now this is REALLY going off topic.

Basically, when HaVoC revealed himself as the Lean-Mean-Spamming-Machine, we hatched a cunning plan to disued him.  Arnie added 500,000 posts to his own account and 300,000 posts to the rest of the Global Moderators.  Take these numbers off the displayed totals and you get the real total.

Oh, and it failed to stop HaVoC.  :(

Now back to the topic at hand ;)

Heeheeheehee sorry mate! Cheers for clearing that up though!

-Jay

real nice pic on the first page!!! It definitely is inspiring me to do a similar loadout...:) how about a decent list setup of what is needed to replicate that look??? I don't expect to go get $500 nomex overalls, but if I could build a RESEMBLED look like that, that would be cool...

thanks

real nice pic on the first page!!! It definitely is inspiring me to do a similar loadout...:) how about a decent list setup of what is needed to replicate that look??? I don't expect to go get $500 nomex overalls, but if I could build a RESEMBLED look like that, that would be cool...

thanks

Me too, was in an army surplus shop today and saw a brand new Gas mask for £35!!!! I'm so tempted to go back and get it.......but what use in Airsoft does it have?

you mean the avon s10? there are ton on ebay cheap... I see one unused one with brand new filter for $89!!! nice mask though...:) I wonder where you can buy the mask cover etc??? any one seen 2hit6's setup??? pretty cool...:)

Yes I've never seen the cover to go with it..... this one for £35 came with DMP bag and all its papers......... it was still in it's sealed bag with the white chalk dust on it.

Please be aware that standard S10 respirator lenses are not balistic rated.

You need the tinted shatterproof jobs.

well the mask will be used for indoor games where we are only allowed to use weapons under 0.8 J the tournements are handguns and Shotgun only so i have a feeling the mask will be fine as it is.

But the real question is although it will look the Dogs Nuts, would it really be practical?

practical??? how??? I think that sas look is bada$$... check out 2hit6's website... they look awesome...:)

erm yes I think everyone in the planet thinks the SAS and SBS look badass but I noticed in non of the gaming pics they are wearing the mask.....and also quite frankly non of them seem to pull of the SAS look infact if you have read the link you gave they are infact they model them selves around the HK version of SO19...... Not the SAS at all, They all look abit lame...not like the guy in the 1st post:

4.jpg

well it says it all really!

Archived