the custom Red 9 HFC project

judgeman

ok, here be the deal: i've been a resident evil freak sense before I can remember, and with the advent of 4, I fell in love with the laser site-equipped Mauser Broomhandle aka the Red Nine. Now granted, finding a stock for this thing at cheepo prices is like waking up one morning with Daisy Duke next to you...it just 'ain't gonna happen, I barely make $60 a week at the local dollar store as it is and I have a trip in the wings to Baltimore next month and I need as much cash as I can, but as airsoft is akin to a crack habit....this comes first :D

aaaaaany who,

Mauser_Broomhandle_w-stock.jpg

thats her, minus the laser...which will come later, and for all you geartards flaming me that a aiming laser has no business on a Mauser...I can't shoot for *beep* and they've helped my aiming considerably, plus it looks pimp on the thing. Now a question I ask all of you: does Testors paint come off easily if I paint the nine on or do you recommend something else?

I am also working on a working BB stripper clip to load into the elongated mag for show, pics of that soon. So please, someone, anyone....purchase the gun you see below, because my baby won't buy her self

I think thats just showing you what it looks like snowman. I did see quite a few stocks for it at the war and peace show judgeman, sorry i forgot to pick you one up they weren't very much, im sure if you ask around some military shops they might have one not to expensive. Good luck with the project and let me know how it goes, as might give it a go myself :)

UPDATE!: gun is on it's way to my Oh-Hi-Oh homestedthing from somewhere in in the stinky, stinky intestinal track of Hong Kongland.....should be here soon and then the modding begins

Note to self....Jack + Coke + Arnies = a very drunk Judgeman with internets!

why is this not in Hunk, Vicks' and mine notorious "let's talk about Biohazard for 10 pages," thread?

the laser sight looks like a laser module held onto the barrel near the magwell with two bands of metal, then the wire runs back along the line between the upper and lower reciever and then comes down oneo the grip on the left side and looks like it's self adhesive. not too hard.

You could always try getting a CYMA gun with an external laser (IE, not built into the god-awful "reflex 'sight' "), mount it, see how god it looks, and if it looks OK, cram a decent laser into it - or just use the button and cable and hook it up to whatever sight you want. Hell, just buy some cable, a PTM (push-to-make) button thang, and a wee bit of heat-shrink tubing - make your own remote switch!

Off topic, but: Wouldn't a wireless switch for a laser sight be well cool? I mean, it'd be impractical (IE, you'd lose it in 5 minutes) but for the Gucci kit/Airsoft Bling factor, it'd be worth it!

not much yet I know, but she's a'comin.....the painted on red nine will be replaced with real Broomhandle 9 grips when time and budget allow, as it will with the stock [which the HFC !!!CAN!! take it seems]. E-bay baught laser is on its way to zee door step!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/six...rai/Red9004.jpg]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/six...rai/Red9004.jpg

yea, it does have the the slot...I dunno exact dimensions or anything, so there may be some sanding involved at some point....and as a note to everyone else, yes, the Marushin mags do fit the HFC. They are virtually the same design.

woooo the marushin mags do fit, mention it to a guy at airsoft armoury's (uk one) stall at the war and peace and he gave me a puzzeled look, good to know that they do go in, did you mod atall or was it just: "take this one out, put this one in, do the hoky-coky and turn about *clap* thats what it's all about"......

it took a little fiddleing and some alchoholl, but they do fit. Granted they are the long mags [fer the love of christ sakes someone find me some short mags or get HFC to produce spare mags] but they do fit as they are of pretty much identical design. I'll post my findings when my new hangover goes away

Heh sounds like putting the mags in isn't the only thing you've been using the alchoholl for ;p

on another note if you go on Guns N Guys website and go to handgun parts then Marushin they have a stock for their version of the broomhandel mauser, which the HFC is based off as you found out ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived