do you like the look of glocks?

how would you rate the looks of glocks?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. how would you rate the looks of glocks?

• i lub them
    • they're alright
    • average
    • not particularly good looking
    • they are the ugliest things ever

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll find that almost everybody who says they hate Glocks also loves 1911s.

Coincidence?

I think not.

A lot of the real-steel criticism of glocks comes from the traditionalist US-based gun fraternity.

Some of their reasons might be justified. Some of them definately are not.

Thing is, a lot of that spills over into airsoft and people end up hating the airsoft Glocks, basically, because they're fans of 1911s and they feel they're obliged to feel that way.

It's kinda similar to liking M16s if you're american. When all's said and done, it's not an especially good gun but it IS american, by golly!

Objectively there's absolutely NO reason to dislike an airsoft Glock. They are comfortable, powerful and accurate. The work reliably and seldom malfunction.

The only reason to dislike a Glock is because of the way it looks and, well, there's not much you can do about that.

I like em as practical skirmish guns. If I was building a custom gun I'd still use a 1911 as a starting point, though. You just can't customise a glock.

Oh, and never, never, sand the paint off the damned slide. ;)

You'll find that almost everybody who says they hate Glocks also loves 1911s.

Coincidence?

I think not.

A lot of the real-steel criticism of glocks comes from the traditionalist US-based gun fraternity.

Some of their reasons might be justified. Some of them definately are not.

Thing is, a lot of that spills over into airsoft and people end up hating the airsoft Glocks, basically, because they're fans of 1911s and they feel they're obliged to feel that way.

It's kinda similar to liking M16s if you're american. When all's said and done, it's not an especially good gun but it IS american, by golly!

Objectively there's absolutely NO reason to dislike an airsoft Glock. They are comfortable, powerful and accurate. The work reliably and seldom malfunction.

The only reason to dislike a Glock is because of the way it looks and, well, there's not much you can do about that.

I like em as practical skirmish guns. If I was building a custom gun I'd still use a 1911 as a starting point, though. You just can't customise a glock.

Oh, and never, never, sand the paint off the damned slide. ;)

lots of people have sanded the paint off the slide, i'm not going to do that though, IMO doesn't really make it look any better, possibly worse. I'm going to keep it as it is to go with my so19 or sas loadouts :)

Glocks are the fugliest pistols ever, but they are not made to be pretty the are made to be reliable. They are like the AK47 of the pistol world, not very accurate but they will shoot when you want them too.

Barretta's are a very close second for worlds fugliest gun. IMHO

iBAWLS

Edit: like Sid said all of that goes doen the tube for airsoft, because for us many of the internal working parts are similar, so it really comes down to looks for airsoft. I bought a P99 for that exact reason, it a a cool looking gun. In real life that gun is a POS

Glocks are the fugliest pistols ever,  but they are not made to be pretty the are made to be reliable.  They are like the AK47 of the pistol world,  not very accurate but they will shoot when you want them too. 

Barretta's are a very close second for worlds fugliest gun.  IMHO

iBAWLS

i disagree, i love glocks, but i think that glocks are like a 'marmite' thing, you either love them or you hate them.

And btw the glock is accurate in real life and in airsoft.

Glocks would be great if an airsoft manufacturer would make a GBB version that didn't have the rail and finger grooves.

:zorro:

i dont really notice the rail that much and i don't mind the finger groves, but thats me. Someone was converting a springer glock, without the rail or finger groves, to a gbb i cant remember who though...

really dislike the look of glocks, not overly fond of the way they feel either.

Also i dislike 1911's and anything that looks like them.

yes, im a beretta man :D  cougar and all m9 look lovely imo.

i like glocks and berettas, m1911s are alright too (def not one of my favourites though)

i dont really notice the rail that much and i don't mind the finger groves, but thats me. Someone was converting a springer glock, without the rail or finger groves, to a gbb i cant remember who though...

That was me.

I gutted the springer and got the GBB internals to fit. It all works, but...

The metal chassis of the GBB is flat and won't fit inside the sloped front of the non-railed G17 frame. If I lopped the front off the GBB chassis I could have made it work but I didn't have the heart to saw up a brand new gun.

It does all fit, though. The magazine lines up and the slide fits on just fine.

Glocks are alright... they're not as sexy as some other handguns out there (1911!!!) but... they are comfortable to hold... and the RL Glocks are nice and reliable... that I would actually pick to have a Glock as a carry pistol if it comes to that...

I just don't like the look of most Magazine fed guns.

Revolvers, on the other hand, have so much potential to look good.

Now why would you want this:

1742.jpg

When you could have this:

revolver.jpg

~P

because they look silly and the barrels are too long and they are too shiny and they only hold six shots, when a glock 17 holds 17 shots and it is a good length and it looks better.

Archived