Broken rental gun

Xaccers

Where did he pay £30 to rent a gun?

And no - The cost of gun rental goes towards day-to-day maintenance, battery charging, time spent cleaning the gun, and for replacement parts brought about due to normal wear-and-tear.

Obviously, there's a small percentage of profit involved as well - but it's not like we're making millions on rentals each year!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah dude, not really.  If someone has been (and I'm not refering to this instance at all) been an utter gimp then it is right to make them cough up.  What if crappy 0.12's had been used and jammed, and then he just held the trigger down to make it work again? 

If a gun is abused and broken then the renters would then be downa a gun and would not be able to make any money from it which would be a loss of earnings and one that should be sorted by the guy who broke the gun.

Edit:  Equally if a rental gun detonates for no reason (as we all know an AEG to do) then it is down to the rental people to fix the gun and have a maintenance fund to cover the loss of earnings.  As far as I am concerned any money I would pay for a rental gun anywhere would be for the site to make a profit and for me to use the gun, not to pay off the gun.  If the site owners are making a profit from the day then they will continue to put games on.  The rental gun is also to generate revenue from a group of people who would not have otherwise been on site meaning that customers acan be got either from scratch, or earlier than they would have been before their own gun arrives.  This is one of the reasons why rentals should be kept in superb condition (again I must stress this is all general, not Firefight etc related) so that people enjoy the sport and either get into it, or will come back before their own gun arrives.  A ###### gun will result in a lack of enjoyment from the customer and a possible loss of earnings through word of mouth "don't bother going to Sainsbury's before you get an AEG, their rentals are ######"

I do think you're completely right. If an idiot puts .12's in an AEG and ###### round with it an whatnot, then I think it's only fair they are made to pay. But if a gun reaches it's time, then he shouldn't be made to pay.

Where did he pay £30 to rent a gun?
Ambush Herts.

I have to agree with everything duff beer says about firefight i have been to thier dover sight twice now. Each time ive had nothing but fun. Even when i managed to jam my high cap with a small chip of wood (no idea how that happened) One of the sight managers took time out of his game to unclog the magazine for me.

I think i should also mention that when we arrived early and our rental weapons where not thier for us john went home up the huge bloody hill and then back again to fetch our weapons, and then supplied us with our ammo for the rest of the day.

They also recharge batterys whenever they run out.

Firefight rock

I do think you're completely right. If an idiot puts .12's in an AEG and ###### round with it an whatnot, then I think it's only fair they are made to pay. But if a gun reaches it's time, then he shouldn't be made to pay.

Ambush Herts.

I don't think ANYONE's actually disagreed with the sentiment that normal lifespan issues shouldn't be charged to players.

Which is a good thing :)

Are you sure that the £30 fee didn't include green fees BTW?

Since the going rate at most normal sites seems to still be around the £15 - £20 mark for green fees, with a further £15 - £20 for hire on top of that...

Charging them for a new gun is really quite poor. A lot of people who rent a gun are newbies and some have never fired a gun before. I'm taking a couple of friends for my birthday who haven't and two haven't fired fully automatic guns before so I guess they will be a bit trigger-happy! Im not going to pay extra if they strip gears!

Charging them for a new gun is really quite poor. A lot of people who rent a gun are newbies and some have never fired a gun before. I'm taking a couple of friends for my birthday who haven't and two haven't fired fully automatic guns before so I guess they will be a bit trigger-happy! Im not going to pay extra if they strip gears!

Did you read all the posts in this thread?

If your friends listen to what they are told, and treat the guns with respect... Even if there IS a problem, they won't be billed.

If, on the other hand, they don't listen to what they're told, mess around with the guns, and cause damage through misuse of the equipment - Then they WILL be charged.

And rightly so.

And if they have a problem with that, then to be honest, they don't have the right attitude to be airsofters in the first place.

Archived