Star's New M14 SOPMOD AEG reviewed

Feel free to delete my last post...

here we go...

Sorry no spur.. it stripped (why i opend this beast)

DSCF0723.jpg

DSCF0724.jpg

Star motor

DSCF0730.jpg

Custom systema made for me

DSCF0739.jpg

relay box (closed)

DSCF0731.jpg

relay switch, very simple, trigger hits pin that pushes the relay connectors together...

DSCF0734.jpg

Piston, piston head, spring

DSCF0740.jpg

and my chewed up SPur

DSCF0720.jpg

mercy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the proper method for releasing the spring tension after firing the gun?

I have looked at the vague picture on the Star website, and I have tried sticking a small allen wrench in that hole, but nothing happens. Am I supposed to turn it a certain way, and will there be any noise or anything so I know it worked?

Also, has anyone figured out how to mount a sling on the SOPMOD?

do NOT use that

I have heard that it will strip your gears, from the previous owner of the gun, who shipped it to me borken (stripped spur)

He said he used it all the time

Try to just shoot 3 shots off (single) before you put it down

and to mount a sling, get some para cord and tie a ring somwere in the plastic cover near the front

to the rear, tie another ring around one of the metal holes of the cheek rest

thats how i did it

Edited by No Mercy

i never had any problem using the hole for releasing the spring tension. push the allen key into the hole, and wiggle the end towards the rear of the gun.. you hear a sort of whooshing noise.. and its done.. dont poke the allen key in to far.

edit: the above wisdom actually comes via situpking - he just couldn't be arsed to log me out & log himself in! :D

Edited by hk_chick

Does anyone know where I can get spare parts for this gun? The part that holds the outer barrel in place (the piece you need to remove to insert the battery) was damaged during shipping. The hole that the screw goes in is cracked so the screw no longer tightens. Here's a picture of this problem:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/weaselgx/DSC01992.jpg

The barrel wobbles like crazy now since this part is loose. This looks like a pretty bad design since all the weight of the barrel is placed on this one small screw. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by zulu342
Does anyone know where I could get a low capacity or mid capacity magazine for the SOPMOD? I have so far only seen high capacity ones for sale.  I would like to get a real capacity mag or another 90 round mag like the one that came with the gun.

Are you guys familiar with either of these magazines?

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/productview/1965

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/productview/1966

They look identical to the Star 90 round mag and are different from the G&G and TM mags which look different than the Star.

Do you think either of those mags would work?

I think they are for the M14 made by Tim Chan for Airsoft Club, they've been around for quite a bit longer then the Star m14 SOPMOD so i'd doubt they would fit. Their is a member on these forums called OikOik , he has owned both guns so i'm sure he could tell you if they are interchangable with one another :)

, hope this helps

So I've contacted almost every large airsoft store and no one has any spare parts for the Star M14 SOPMOD even though many have made multiple requests to Star for parts that will break on the gun.

Their requests to Star, as well as my requests, are largely ignored. Haven't heard a single thing back from Star. Great customer service!

So if anything breaks on your $700 gun, you're on your own.

This is the part that I need:

SOPMODPart.jpg

Here's the damage on mine:

(Cracked hole mount)

closeup.jpg

So with this *suitcasey* customer service I've received from Star (no response to anyone), I don't recommend their products.

Edited by zulu342
I think they are for the M14 made by Tim Chan for Airsoft Club, they've been around for quite a bit longer then the Star m14 SOPMOD so i'd doubt they would fit. Their is a member on these forums called OikOik , he has owned both guns so i'm sure he could tell you if they are interchangable with one another :)

, hope this helps

Hmm, well, the guy who I bought the gun from said that the Airsoft Club magazines would fit the Star, so if those "TCD" mags are the same as the Airsoft Club ones then they might work.

• 2 weeks later...
So I've contacted almost every large airsoft store and no one has any spare parts for the Star M14 SOPMOD even though many have made multiple requests to Star for parts that will break on the gun.

Their requests to Star, as well as my requests, are largely ignored. Haven't heard a single thing back from Star. Great customer service!

So if anything breaks on your $700 gun, you're on your own.

This is the part that I need:

SOPMODPart.jpg

Here's the damage on mine:

(Cracked hole mount)

closeup.jpg

So with this *suitcasey* customer service I've received from Star (no response to anyone), I don't recommend their products.

Mine did the same thing. I ended up just drill and re tapping it, further up

Also I own BOTH the Airsoft Club M14 and Sopmod, Mags do interchange