Utg MP5 AEG

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airsoft atlanta is really on the ball, thats why I order from them :D. Can't wait untill they open Airsoft Knoxville, then I can finally order stufef in state, it will only take like 2 days to ship :D.

My mp5 is currently in transit.

Airsoft Knoxville has been open for over a year now. They don't ship, though. The good new is that shipping from Atlanta to just about anywhere in Tennessee is either 1 or 2 days. The bad news is that even if you order from Airsoft Atlanta, you get charged for Tennessee sales tax.

Okay, sorry for the delay on the accuracy tests :( . I'm charging the battery now, and i'll take care of the tests then upload the pics as soon as it's charged.

PS: I just ordered some stuff from Jungle Toy (www.airsoft128.com). Don't know much about their aegs (although they have a ton of src m4 packages with vests/gas pistols/gear/mags/batteries/etc...And I think they have the src tactical carbine w/ crane stock packages in) but they have some really good gas/accessory "bundles". Just ordered some gas w/ a free nbb, package with gas bbs and stuff, and two 600 mah mini batteries.

The two mini batteries were $10 for both of them! The utg battery is 1050 mah, but 600 mah ones at other places are about $30 for one. You save $50 on two batteries. I would suggest it if you got the utg mp5, or any other mini battery gun. You should probably still have a higher mah mini, but they are a great deal for the price.

I'll get the pics up soon.

Oh, by the way...nice job on the internals static zero :D

Edited by Jordan74

Looking into the back of the gun, it has the right plug...The thing you need is the wire that goes through the stock. I'm sure you could get it pretty cheap.

Acurracy..Finnally!

Heres 10 shots on semi-auto from about 25 feet away. The ones circles are the ones from the mp5 (couldn't find a clean target...)

Picture001.jpg

And about 28 shots on full auto (3 to 5 round bursts, shot a whole star mag.) There are some in the 9 and 10 pt rings that are a little hard to see.

Picture002.jpg

Looking into the back of the gun, it has the right plug...The thing you need is the wire that goes through the stock. I'm sure you could get it pretty cheap.

Acurracy..Finnally!

Heres 10 shots on semi-auto from about 25 feet away. The ones circles are the ones from the mp5 (couldn't find a clean target...)

Picture001.jpg

And about 28 shots on full auto (3 to 5 round bursts, shot a whole star mag.) There are some in the 9 and 10 pt rings that are a little hard to see.

Picture002.jpg

looks pretty acurate!... wish i had one :(

The flashhider is orange, but since the threads on the flash hider stick out I'm not sure of what silencers will fit. I haven't painted it black (or removed the orange paint, cause it doesn't look like the regular orange flash hiders. The black flash hider for the utg is plastic, so I might just have to take off the paint on this one.) because I haven't used it in the field yet. I'll probably leave it orange, or more likely paint most of it black and leave an orange tip on it. I'm getting a tm front end, so i'll just put the utg front end on if I need too have the flashhider orange.

The whole hicap is just one big bin of BBs. BBs are held in both sides, the 'mag' that goes into the gun, and the 'mag' that has the fake bullets. The two sides are connected together. Have a look at the pics I posted on this page to get a better idea. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ic=30898&st=140

Hello everyone, I just got my utg mp5, and I just wanted to know something.

When I load the high cap mags, I pour in the bbs and wind it up. How many shots do you get until you have to wind it up again? I was only getting around 10 shots. And another thing i noticed is that my gun wasnt picking up every single shot on full auto with the high cap mags. When I loaded up the 30 rnd star mag, and shot full auto it worked perfectly. Could the problem be my high cap mags or what?

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, I just got my utg mp5, and I just wanted to know something.

When I load the high cap mags, I pour in the bbs and wind it up. How many shots do you get until you have to wind it up again? I was only getting around 10 shots. And another thing i noticed is that my gun wasnt picking up every single shot on full auto with the high cap mags. When I loaded up the 30 rnd star mag, and shot full auto it worked perfectly. Could the problem be my high cap mags or what?

Thanks in advance.

This seems to be a common problem with their hi-caps though some seem to work just fine from the start. The problem is also mentioned in Staticzero's thread with a lot other technical information. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=30898

For the hicaps came with my gun, they only need to be wound once (until it clicks) in the beginning, but I also get a lot of skippings, especially on full auto. Lubing and breaking in the mag may help, and one of mine now works all right, but the other still skips more than I like.