UTG MP5 AEG Dissected! Quite impressive really...

staticzero

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well. I have finally finished all of my tweaking on the guns. I have upgraded two Ver. 3 MP5's and I gotta say, it went Great! I upgraded both guns with:

M100 Spring

Guarder Spring guide (w/ bearings)

Ported Piston Head

New O-Ring

CA Metal bushings

Systema Shims (Re-Shim)

16AWG Wire

Deans Con.

Dbl. Nunchuck Battety

We have done the "poor man chrono" and are guessing that they shoot around 315-325 fps. And we have guessed that the ROF is around 725+.

We have already put around 4K shots through each gun in the last week and I have yet to have a problem.

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me in upgrading the guns. You were all a big help. Thanks!!!

I would suggest the white lithium grease that comes in a tube or bucket (not the spray stuff). Then use a brush to brush it on the faces and axels of the gears. Try not to get too much on the teeth, or gunk up the axels as that will cause drag.

Sweet. I got my gun all ready to put back together, JUst waiting for my friend to get here so I can put the other gearbox half on. (stupid springs everywhere dont want to stay in place) I have a PDI 120+10, a SRC spring guide, CA bushings, Reshimmed, New O ring, and rewired t the stock.

hmmm i've tried chargin battery for 5 hours, it shoots about 20 feet out of the barrel then plummets straight down, the fps is less than 200 ... shoots like a springer, and im gettin a few jams every now and then

somethin wrong with the hop up chamber obviously, i have hop up set verticaly, not too far forward or backwards, and yet the stupid thing shoots 20 feet, i looked down the hop up chamber from where u put in the mag, (excuse me if i insult all of u airsoft savys) and about 1/8 of it is covered by some black thing (im guessing bolt but i have no clue wat you call it)

anybody know wat the hek is goin on??? i still gotta warranty on this sucker, is it better to ship it back or does anyone have the same prob and know how to fix it???

ok so today my double nunchuck battery arived from cheap battery packs. i threw it in my stock MP5 and loaded up my highcap. i went to full auto and was guessing it was shooting about 950-1000 rpm. i actually clocked the stock battery and it was all the way down to 717. i was very amazed but then i switched to semi. it clicked into place but it was just full auto. my stock battery is dead and have to charge it to see if its just the battery. if i cant use semi im gonna be real p*ssed because i spent 30 bucks that i am saving for a $4,500 computer that i am in need of. and 30 bucks is pretty big for me.

hmmm i've tried chargin battery for 5 hours, it shoots about 20 feet out of the barrel then plummets straight down, the fps is less than 200 ... shoots like a springer, and im gettin a few jams every now and then

somethin wrong with the hop up chamber obviously, i have hop up set verticaly, not too far forward or backwards, and yet the stupid thing shoots 20 feet, i looked down the hop up chamber from where u put in the mag, (excuse me if i insult all of u airsoft savys)  and about 1/8 of it is covered by some black thing (im guessing bolt but i have no clue wat you call it) 

anybody know wat the hek is goin on??? i still gotta warranty on this sucker, is it better to ship it back or does anyone have the same prob and know how to fix it???

Try cleaning your barrel first with a cleaning rod, nylon, and a few drops of silicon oil. If that doesn't work, then im guessing somethings really messed up with your hop-up. Try opening the gun and taking apart the hop-up, it isn't too hard. Yeah and I think the "black thing" your talking about is probably the nozzle from the gearbox.

If nothing seems to work for you, just send it back and get a full refund.

well i dont think im gonna send it back, im afraid it'll be gone for about 4 weeks and it comes back and breaks again... so im gonna try and fix it myself....

im having second thoughts on the hop up chamber, maybe the motor is tweaked, i'll get nice shot off every now and then (250-270 fps), but 80% of em shoot no farther than 20 feet with a little lob, so not necessarily sure its the hop up chamber.... who knows? im gonna lube it and try it out, then replace the o-ring on that one thing (cant remember it off the top of my head), and the battery works fine so ignore all that junk i said about the stock battery

so yah thats my strategy WAT!?!?

hey guys, got this gun as my first AEG and im very impressed with it :D

had one problem where the gun stopped firing, but after a friend took it apart and put it back together it worked fine.

I'm hainvg so much trouble working out how the hell the 3 point sling that came with the gun attaches to it. theres just so many little parts for it, i have no idea where they all go! Can anyone help? (also im a leftie :P)

If you're looking for what you need to order to rewire your gun, refer to the first post of this thread, and follow the link in it to rewiring your gun. Static lays out exactally what is needed to be ordered from cheapbatterypacks.com

hey i have a few questions about this gun. i just ordered it and am planning on doing a few things. Could you please answerew these ?'s...

1.) Will A Classic Army Tactical Foregrip W/ Flashlight installed fit on the gun?

2.) will a hurricane upgrade kit be ok in the gun?

3.) Is it possible to put an M4 Stock on it? if so how?

hey i have a few questions about this gun. i just ordered it and am planning on doing a few things. Could you please answerew these ?'s...

1.) Will A Classic Army Tactical Foregrip W/ Flashlight installed fit on the gun?

2.) will a hurricane upgrade kit be ok in the gun?

3.) Is it possible to put an M4 Stock on it? if so how?

1. Yes, im pretty sure it will fit.

2. Yes, but change the gears in order to fit the bushings and I suggest getting a new extension as well as getting a 9.6 battery in order to handle the spring.

3. No, I don't think that is possible.

Archived