UTG MP5 AEG Dissected! Quite impressive really...

staticzero

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
another success story, i have perfectly upgraded this gun with the following:

m100

gaurder metal spring guide with bearing

src piston head

CA oiless bushings

reshimmed

rewired with deans connectors

9.6v battery that static reccomends

this gun is awesome now. it goes through two sides of a coke can and leaves a dent with a slit on the bottom. it has really good ROF

i have a question, how should the motor sound because im trying to adjust its hight.

awesome! may i ask what you're doing for a charger?

Also just a general note about this gun - i tested my gears iwth a magnet and they're magnetic, i'm guessing that means they're steel? they seem very high quality.

awesome! may i ask what you're doing for a charger?

Also just a general note about this gun - i tested my gears iwth a magnet and they're magnetic, i'm guessing that means they're steel? they seem very high quality.

i also added gold motor connectors since it is annoying to de/solder the wire to the motor when i want to take it apart. i bought the promethius(sp?) connectors from airsoftatlanta, it came with 8 connectors, enough for 4 guns, good investment.

for the charger, i use a 9.6v trickle charger, it takes about 6-7 hours to charge. im going to buy a smart charger once i get some more money since i just spent around $100 in upgrades for this gun.

if anyone saw my silencer i made on pg125, anyone know where to get the src m4 barrel. it sold out everywhere. whats another good m4 thightbore?

not sure you'll have to look up the specs... To install your new barrel you need to take just about everything apart except for the gearbox so its really not difficult. you just unscrew the hopup unit, take that out along with the barrel then unscrew the hopup from the barrel and install the new one

i know why my gun wasn't doing semi. when i opened up the gun, the little spring on the selector plate was gone. that means the cut off lever wasn't being engaged. i remember i made sure it was on there when i was reassembling the gun. i opened up the gearbox and when i look into a corner there it is the spring. i dont know how the thing poped off and fell into the gearbox but thing looks like someone chewed on it for a few days. does any one know where i can buy the spring

edit- i found this http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...%20Army%20Parts

where can i get just the little spring

edit- could i get the spring from emailing leapers

random... but i got my utg bout a week ago and played it for 3-4 hours when the stock battery kinda just stopped working, it was obviously out of juice so i recharged it (3 hours 50mins), worked for about 10-15 shots then screwed up again :mellow:

every shot is just a lob and goes no farther than 3 ft from the barrel...i threw in a buddys battery (same exact thing for the same exact gun) and it worked fine, then i used another battery a tad bit bigger [1200] and it worked normally. so i just gave up and called it a day ... i left it alone over the weekend for vacation and came back and charged it again (same as above) , it started lobbing once again... the gears and motor sound fine and havnt been screwin up at all and the wires in the fore grip are in perfect condition...... any suggestions????

Archived